Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,432 times

Advertisements

Some cities like Chicago for instance have tried to block efforts opening chik fil a. As the president of chik fil a is against gay marriage and has donated money( around 20 million) to anti groups as well as Uganda's kill the gays bill. Minneapolis Is a progressive cities overall and we don't need businesses like this building here. I was reading some reviews on yelp and there are some anti gay bigots that enjoy their food and will go there. However as a progressive city they should not be building franchises here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 02:01 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
So if your a pro-gay business that's okay, but if you take a line along (interpreted) biblical teachings then your business is bad (like being closed on Sundays).

Chik-fil-a makes a good product and seems to present a lot of educational opportunities for its employees. Let them build, if you don't care for the product or the company's political stances don't patronize. Protesting just gives them free advertising.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:11 PM

1,180 posts, read 3,127,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
So if your a pro-gay business that's okay, but if you take a line along (interpreted) biblical teachings then your business is bad (like being closed on Sundays).

Chik-fil-a makes a good product and seems to present a lot of educational opportunities for its employees. Let them build, if you don't care for the product or the company's political stances don't patronize. Protesting just gives them free advertising.

Plus 1.

If you don't agree with a business's philosophy then don't patronize them but you have NO right to dictate that they can't come in to an area. Other people have the right to patronize or not patronize whomever they choose also.

This is PC nonsense run amock. How about we go back to "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend (to the death) your right to say it."?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:19 PM

993 posts, read 1,768,149 times
Coming from someone gay: A business has a right to do business wherever they want as long as they are not violating any laws. People also have a right not to eat at said business. Also, a lot of what you are saying is taken out of context.

Also, that chicken is f***ing delicious!

Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
I should have noticed, the OP has one post...

Old 11-28-2013, 07:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I should have noticed, the OP has one post...
it's probably that Colonel Sanders guy

Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,572 times
Are they building one in msp?!!! They are the only fast food that's good IMHO.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,448,148 times
There are already multiple restaurants open in the Twin Cities.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,312 times
They have the right to do and say anything they want. We have one just down the street and I used to eat there a lot, but now I don't spend a dime there. It used to be if I was craving a chicken sandwich I would just automatically go to Chick-Fil-A but now I can go to McDonalds and get a bigger sandwich for just a buck, and Wendy's has one I like even better Chick-Fil-A.

Here is something I just don't get. If I owned a business why would I go out of my way to tick off a group of folks? You know how hard it is to get feet coming in your door? I know they got a big spike in sales from people who also don't like gays, but these people are not going to keep eating there all the time and the ones who got ticked will never set foot back in their building.

If a manager were to tell a customer she was too fat to sit in the booth and suggested she sit at a table the manager would be fired because the manager could have cost the company future money, but yet the CEO of this company upset millions. You know not only do I not eat there but my two sister and their family absolutely refuse to eat there either. They told me it would be like stabbing me in the back if they were to go there ever again.

BTW Sonic now has a great Island Fire Chicken Sandwich that is way better then Chick-Fil-A. I just tried it the other day.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:52 PM

261 posts, read 418,432 times
Chick-Filet has the most genuinely polite and well-mannered employees of all the fast food places. Their employees seem to be a different caliber of young people than what you see at fast food places like Taco Bell, McDonald's, KFC, Popeye's, and Jack In The Box.

I don't agree with the Chick Filet owners views, but he has a right to his opinion. I do like it that he lives what he believes, such as closing on Sundays.

Personally, I got tired of their chicken sandwiches, just not enough variety. And they don't have onions to put on their sandwiches and that's almost a deal breaker for me. I like onions on just about any kind of sandwich I eat. So lately when I go there, I've been getting their chicken noodle soup. It's real good and I have them put the soup in a x-large drink cup instead of a bowl.

I love their sweet tea. The best anywhere. I buy it by the gallon, once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul