Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM

149 posts, read 608,296 times

Advertisements

You can't miss the Falafel King on Lake & Lyndale! Awesome food, and don't forget to get some baklava for dessert!

.:: FALAFEL KING - Middle Eastern Retaurant ::.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 04:35 PM

131 posts, read 616,147 times
If you're going to Punch, stop by Cecil's Deli a block or so north on Cleveland.

Cossetta's on W. 7th just down the street from Mickey's Diner has great pizza and a great atmosphere. Candyland on Wabasha just north of 7th Place around the block from Mickey's Diner is an old tyme candy store and the employees add the totals in their heads. That alone is worth seeing.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM

184 posts, read 1,019,497 times
If you want to splurge...

Kincaids St. Paul
Blue Point - Wayzata

Old 08-04-2007, 08:03 PM

21 posts, read 77,775 times
1) Eat at "Conny's Creamy Cone" on 1197 Dale St. in St. Paul, and order the fried cheese curds. They're the best cheese curds I've ever had, and I can speak from experience that once you leave Minnesota (unless it's to move to someplace nearby like Wisconsin) you won't find cheese curds again. For that matter, their ice cream--softserve in at least 20 different flavors--is really good too. Make sure to bring cash though, I don't think they take credit cards.

2) Eat at Cosetta's Pizza (also in St. Paul)...Their pizza is great! You can get it by the slice as well as by the whole pizza, and the slices are huge.

3) Walk around one of the lakes. You'll be truly amazed at how few and far between bodies of water like that are in most of the rest of the country...I really miss the lakes!

Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,118,347 times
Go to the Hmong market..217 N Como Ave. in St. Paul. Amazing cultural experience. Almost everybody there is Hmong or at least Asian and the place is totally bustling. There are about eight different places serving real Thai and Hmong food in the food court..you won't be able to find the latter much outside of Minnesota.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:53 PM

131 posts, read 616,147 times
Have you been to Como Zoo yet and the Conservatory there?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM

15 posts, read 70,528 times
Visit the Grand Old Creamery on Grand Ave in St. Paul. They put Cold Stone to shame. There's another ice cream place over by Hamline University I think - it's been awhile, but they were featured on Food Network and my daughter dragged me there after seeing it - VERY worth the drive!

Have a large iced mocha and sit outside on a warm summer Friday or Saturday night at Muddy Waters on 26th(?) and Lyndale in Minneapolis - just down from the Wedge Co-op.

Take a nighttime cruise around Cedar, Harriet, Calhoun, and Lake of the Isles. Park the car and walk the trail through the woods at Cedar. It's a slice of "up north" tranquility in the middle of Minneapolis.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:09 AM

18 posts, read 169,456 times
Tonight I'm going to hit up Punch Pizza.

I've been all around the Lakes, to Cosettas, the Como Zoo/Conservatory.

I'm an ice cream fanatic, so I'll hit up all the ones suggested hopefully! As well as get in some more Hmong/Somali dining.

If anyone knows the name of the ice cream place by Hamline that StPauliGirl is talking about, let me know!!

Thanks everyone!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,467,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlue View Post
Tonight I'm going to hit up Punch Pizza.

Thanks everyone!

Oh I am SO envious! I really must make a visit soon so I can see all my favourite old hangouts and do some of those I missed before I left. If it wasn't for those Winters . . .

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 AM

15 posts, read 70,528 times
I found that ice cream place, LilBlue!

It's Izzy's Ice Cream Production and it's at 20th and Marshall, in between Snelling and Cleveland Ave's. Is that by Hamline? *ashamed she doesn't know where everything is here after all these years*

Anyway, there's a website. Izzy's Ice Cream

And I don't know how to post clickable links, either LOL.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul