Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM

5 posts, read 9,829 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I have to agree that whoever thinks Miami's "heat" is like hell has no idea what heat really is. Wimps
I mean, compared to most US cities, Miami is hot, but at least I can walk the streets there all day without dying (wearing sunscreen and staying hydrated, of course).

You guys do get hot in Dallas!

I remember seeing a few iguanas, cute little green parrots (parakeets, perhaps? not sure) perched in swaying palm trees, and a lot of tiny brown lizards anywhere there was shade--definitely not the kind of animals I've seen in my backyard! Miami Beach really is lush and beautiful with its various palms, towering bird of paradise trees, bamboo, oyster plants, papaya trees, colorful bromeliads and orchids, pink and green ti plants, flowering bougainvillea, rainbow-colored croton bushes, hibiscus, variegated schefflera, fragrant plumeria trees, brilliant red poinciana trees, pitch apple and seagrape trees.

The ocean there is so beautiful! It felt like it was 80 degrees when I swam in it.

Even though I'm a tropical climate kind of guy, I'd love to go visit San Diego, Santa Barbara, etc (: I'm sure it's beautiful with all its mountains, gentle summer temperatures near the coast, etc.

I think Miami's climate is tropical, simply because its average yearly temperatures fall within Koppen's definition of a tropical climate--at least according to Wikipedia. This obviously does not take into consideration record lows or the fact that it's not located within the Tropic of Cancer.
Obviously, Miami is not as warm as Honolulu on average during the winter, in addition to countless other tropical locales. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Honolulu's lowest temperature ever was 52--11 degrees warmer than Key West's record low. Miami has fallen at or a few degrees below freezing since weather records have been recorded there--I'd say on average roughly once every 20 years. However, even on a 52 degree morning in Honolulu or a 41 degree morning in Key West, I'd be wearing a light jacket and would want to go back inside to stay warm.

If you want to experience a super tropical locale, go to Singapore

Last edited by mosleymitchell88; 12-11-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami