Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,454,477 times

Advertisements

Cixel and Tao great pics!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,686 times
tao, beautiful but some of them look high dynamic range. is that what youre using?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/...d204a01df9.jpg
very suspiciously HDR

Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 PM

184 posts, read 611,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
thanks.
south florida is beautiful but it's people are ugly-- on the inside-- for the most part. like i said living here is like eating ice cream while standing barefoot on molten pavement. total love/hate.
i think the isolation down here has given me time to work on the things that i like whereas in LA i was constantly distracted by the million other things going on. i guess you could say taking pictures is a way to vent.
thanks for saying i have talent though, i see a bunch of snobby people with huge expensive cameras here who take pictures like its an automatic weapon out in the everglades. i can only imagine what their stuff is like.

i envy the fact you got lightning today. thats one thing i love down here.
i dont have a DSLR so i cant hold the shutter open for night shots. im stuck with day shots of recording video and pulling out frames and then processing them.
Make the move ... check out Coral Springs or go West Coast and you can still hit the keys on the weekends .... not everyone is an ass down here .. I have met many nice people ... you just need to get out of Dade and especially Homestead .

Old 06-17-2007, 08:52 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,898 times
Yes, all but one are HDR which I'm a big fan of for highlighting light and shadow.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,686 times
tao. cool. i love hdr.
ive been wanting to do some florida keys hdr stuff.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,898 times
We live in Port St. Lucie so it's a two hour drive to Miami but we want to go down soon to take more pics. I can't wait to go to Vizcaya and get some great HDR shots there. You can see more of my HDR pics here, including shots of the Treasure Coast, Orlando, and Colorado: HDR - a photoset on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerlily7007/sets/72157600036818851/ - broken link)

Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post
Awesome they almost look unreal .... too bad such a beautiful place has so many problems .
Jeez and you say we complain about everything...

I have some pics of the "old time" West Palm Beach taken just recently. The houses were very interesting back then, they looked like the kind of old style houses they have up north.

Thanks to Tao and Cixel for contributing with the nice pics, and I hope anyone who can contribute can.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:00 AM

184 posts, read 611,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Jeez and you say we complain about everything...

I have some pics of the "old time" West Palm Beach taken just recently. The houses were very interesting back then, they looked like the kind of old style houses they have up north.

Thanks to Tao and Cixel for contributing with the nice pics, and I hope anyone who can contribute can.
Who is complaining .... please help me understand what you are talking about ?

How is given kudos on some nice pictures complaining .... CIXel sent some nice pics yesterday and I gave him his due as well it was a nice change of pace from his "crime blogs " and other negative posts .

I think many posters here share my feelings , Miami has some gorgeous areas populated by some rude people ... who is complaining and by the way aren't you the guy who says some posters here see "everything through rose colored glasses " .... I don't ... when I like something about Miami I mention it and vice versa .

Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post
Who is complaining .... please help me understand what you are talking about ?

I think many posters here share my feelings , Miami has some gorgeous areas populated by some rude people ... who is complaining and by the way aren't you the guy who says some posters here see "everything through rose colored glasses " .... I don't ... when I like something about Miami I mention it and vice versa .
That was not me... I have never used the term "rose-colored glasses" in my life, and if anyone wants to meet up in real life I'm game with that.

However, I did receive a rather interesting PM from john1963, and when I tried to PM him back with my adress so he can say that in front of me it said his PM box is full, which means he has 400 messages in his box.... which means he probably sends a PM that makes him sound like he's 12 to everyone he disagrees with (BTW, I Won't post the PM because PM's are supposed to be private, but damn, this guy must have nothing better to do).

Old 06-18-2007, 11:24 AM

159 posts, read 803,806 times
Damn, Tao. Those photographs are amazing. I'd like to use any of those as a wallpaper. Any chance you could hook those up in 1024 x 768?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami