Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM

39 posts, read 37,373 times

Advertisements

What self-respecting ghost would want to haunt Miami? If I died tomorrow, this is the LAST place on earth that I'd want to haunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,995 times
anything about the old playboy place? (its called the castle beach club now.) on 4445 collins in miami beach?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM

177 posts, read 571,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambij View Post
anything about the old playboy place? (its called the castle beach club now.) on 4445 collins in miami beach?
This place used to be called the Playboy hotel? Any connection to Hugh Heffner and the magazine? I would love to see pictures of this place back in the 60's and 70's.

Havent read the previous posts but has anyone experienced a haunting in the room Anna Nicole Smith overdosed in at the Hard Rock?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleman305 View Post
This place used to be called the Playboy hotel? Any connection to Hugh Heffner and the magazine? I would love to see pictures of this place back in the 60's and 70's.

Havent read the previous posts but has anyone experienced a haunting in the room Anna Nicole Smith overdosed in at the Hard Rock?
the playboy palace and yes it was the place to be in the mid to late 1970s. later that changed to the mutiny in the grove. the playboy club was on NW 79st and Biscayne Boulevard the site is now an advance auto parts store.

I too do not believe in ghosts but I have a hard time explaining this. it only happened twice and only just after we had moved into this home.

our home has a long hallway about sixty feet in length connecting the bedrooms on the south side with the family room and kitchen on the north side. approximately half way there is a formal living room which is open and my office across from that which has french double doors as you approach the family room you turn left to go into the family/dining room/kitchen area then out to a nice covered terrace with a great view of the lake. if you turn right there is a bathroom and a door leading to the garage/laundry room area. the house is big about 5700 sq ft under roof 4900 under A/C.

I often sleep in the family doze off watching TV whatever. one night I'm asleep on the sofa when the door to the garage is slammed so hard that I was awaken startled. upon inspection of the garage and laundry no one was there. the door jamb was extensively damaged from the violence of the slamming. I checked my family and they were sound asleep and claimed to have not heard a thing, but for the physical damage to the door frame I should have thought I was hearing things. I repaired the door the following weekend.

a few months later I was sitting watching Nova on PBS out of my periphery I see a shadow pass towards the garage door from the hallway and then another very violent slam. I get up quite miffed ready to tear into the offending family member only to find no one in the garage with my wife in our room and my son asleep in his room. again they heard nothing but again the door frame was damaged.

a few years later I chanced upon a high school aquaintance who lived in this neighborhood I told him that we were living in Dr. Morse's old home that we had remodeled and so forth. He had dated the daughter and told me the son was troubled and that after I had moved away to join the Navy the son had killed himself in that bathroom leading to the garage.

Since the second incident the spectral co-habitant of our home has thus far been well behaved.

if he doesn't behave I'll kick his ghost arse though because yes, I'm that tough.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Oh God. Staying in Miami for a couple of more years waiting for an economic recovery is bad enough but to think someone might be stuck here for all eternity.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Oh God. Staying in Miami for a couple of more years waiting for an economic recovery is bad enough but to think someone might be stuck here for all eternity.
have you considered maybe that will be your version of hell.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,870,076 times
those miami high stories i dont know if i could believe. i need some news stories.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
I have some spirits in my fridge/pantry....

Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcreass View Post
i have some spirits in my fridge/pantry....
lol.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,416 times
Default The real HML story

Here's what really happened to the girl that died at Hialeah-Miami Lakes: I believe it was 1990 (I graduated from HML in 1991) and there was a school club that was taking their yearbook picture on the roof. After the picture was taken, the kids were walking across the roof to get back down and she stepped on a skylight and fell through it. She landed at the bottom of a stairwell and unfortunately died. Her name was Rabsy. We used to go on the same bus.

There is no fourth floor in HML, only three, and the planetarium is on the third floor. This happened no where near the planetarium.

I sure hope she's not really haunting it and is in a better place. BTW, I took drama there for three years and spent a lot of time in the little theater and never met Fred. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami