Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM

83 posts, read 326,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW2007 View Post
Just an update: They caught all four kids. And the step-mother of the two brothers involved stated that they should have a second chance! She says they are too young and it's wrong to snatch their life away in a second!

Guess what!? **** and realize that the innocent man at the bus stop doesn't get a second chance. Those kids need life in jail with big bertha...I shouldn't call them kids since they are 14-17, now-a-days 14 year olds act and think like adults. I'm just pissed at the mothers reaction (instead of feeling sorry for the man who was MURDERED, she insists they are only kids.)
So she thinks that if your a kid it's ok to kill and get a second chance... this is not deal or no deal, or Donald Trump with the Miss USA Pageant and the second chance he gave. This is a life that was taken, and parents like this dumb step mother are the reasons we are were we are today. Snatch there lives and the step mother too, along with all the relatives who have created monsters to run around in our streets. Those kids are a product of their parents and that is the out come. Makes me very updset! I am glad they were caught, they need to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 PM

183 posts, read 567,892 times
Freedom of speech has gone too far. music film, tv and the video games need to be censored to remove the violence, and the threat of violence. That would be a good start. Freedon of expression must have limits. Law and order has been pushed into a corner, and thugs rule the youth culture.
They went from the gallows to the electric chair, and then to the needle. Then they want to abolish the death penalty everywhere. Who's calling the shots?
Fourteen year old young men are seducing twenty-five year old women, and when they find out the woman goes to prison and the young man walks free. They think he is a child and could'nt possibly have romanced the woman and took her to bed. Did anyone tell the kid that he compromised the woman. I guess not, because of his age he could only be the victim. Victim?? He did'nt think that when he had her in the bed. In one case the guy winds up marrying the woman. What now? Is he still a victim? Everybody is protecting the kid, who is protecting the female.
Kids are getting away with murder, because they are kids, while adults are going to prison for stealing food from a grocery store.
A guy comes on tv and pokes his finger in my face with a menacing gesture, and he is "the man"??? Who is offering these goons as entertainment? I'll tell them don't be surprised when he rolls up in his escalade to take out your daughter.
Things need to be cleaned up all around and kids need more accountability. Society needs some new laws to tighten things up and halt the tide of social decay. Ghetto culture has been allowed to enter the mainstream with devastating effect on law and order and morality. America has 2 million in prison and another several million who should be in lock up. Judges who hand out slap on the wrist sentences need to wake up and stick it to offenders. There needs to be zero tolerance for miscreant behavior.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:51 AM

83 posts, read 326,224 times
Default There needs to be zero tolerance for miscreant behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjam View Post
Freedom of speech has gone too far. music film, tv and the video games need to be censored to remove the violence, and the threat of violence. That would be a good start. Freedon of expression must have limits. Law and order has been pushed into a corner, and thugs rule the youth culture.
They went from the gallows to the electric chair, and then to the needle. Then they want to abolish the death penalty everywhere. Who's calling the shots?
Fourteen year old young men are seducing twenty-five year old women, and when they find out the woman goes to prison and the young man walks free. They think he is a child and could'nt possibly have romanced the woman and took her to bed. Did anyone tell the kid that he compromised the woman. I guess not, because of his age he could only be the victim. Victim?? He did'nt think that when he had her in the bed. In one case the guy winds up marrying the woman. What now? Is he still a victim? Everybody is protecting the kid, who is protecting the female.
Kids are getting away with murder, because they are kids, while adults are going to prison for stealing food from a grocery store.
A guy comes on tv and pokes his finger in my face with a menacing gesture, and he is "the man"??? Who is offering these goons as entertainment? I'll tell them don't be surprised when he rolls up in his escalade to take out your daughter.
Things need to be cleaned up all around and kids need more accountability. Society needs some new laws to tighten things up and halt the tide of social decay. Ghetto culture has been allowed to enter the mainstream with devastating effect on law and order and morality. America has 2 million in prison and another several million who should be in lock up. Judges who hand out slap on the wrist sentences need to wake up and stick it to offenders.

There needs to be zero tolerance for miscreant behavior.
Regardless of age. There should be punishment for all starting with the little people all the way to the old people. Maybe these parents never used punishment as a way to teach their kids. I see paretns who give in to toddlers all the time. They would rather give their babies a knife in a restaurant to play with than to hear them cry. Parents need to stick to their rules and when they say NO stick to it. even if the kid cries. Who cares. These same babies are growing up and they continue on this path where they can do whatever whenever with no punishment. Than the judge that thinks a slap in the wrist is all that's needed. I don't like hitting kids, but I know punishment works for a fact. It's like when you take a rabbits carrot. Parents need to find what the childs carrot is and use it a s aform of punishment early on in life and continue with this method. This is not the only ingredient, there are a few more things paretns need to do, but it's a start. My kisd watch scary movies, they play violant game like HALO on play station/Nintendo and people would tell me when they were younger OMG your going to have problems. I have had no problems, they are good kids with lots of LOVE share. I taught my kids this over and over: "In life there are only two ways to go: "There is the good way and there is the bad way. If you choose the good than your safe, if you choose the bad than you go. You can not live with me and be a bad person, there is a zero tolerance for bad behavior, which means you have to be good." Parents do not take time to talk to their kids. To look deep into them and see when there is something bothering them and guide them the right way. Parents are to involved in there own thing and not involved in their childrens lives.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 PM

183 posts, read 567,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
"Freedom of speech has gone too far. music film, tv and the video games need to be censored to remove the violence, and the threat of violence. That would be a good start. Freedon of expression must have limits."

youre a ****ing joke
man i hate you fascist republicans
I am not a republican and neither am I a fascist. Read what I said again: "Freedom of speech has gone too far. music film, tv and the video games need to be censored to remove the violence, and the threat of violence. That would be a good start. Freedon of expression must have limits. Law and order has been pushed into a corner, and thugs rule the youth culture".
The culture of violence that has spilled out into the streets has it's roots in the notion that "freedom" means tolerance for the widest range of conduct and expression. Freedom, with such a wide parameter, might be ok in a culture of persons with inherent restraint and sound moral values.
But, as it stands, no such culture exists in isolation in America. In America there is culture impacting on culture with detrimental effect on those that are more disclipined, restrained and respectfull of law and order.
It stands to reason therefore, that where there is a lack of inherent restraint, restraint must be put in place. And the greater the indiclipine and disregard for order, the greater should be the restraint.
Freedom must have it's limits. Otherwise, more freedom will mean less freedom.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
people should be able to do whatever they want only short of doing something with effects someone else. this is the rule in alot of west coast states and it generally works pretty well. it isnt anywhere even near as dysfunctional as florida is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami