Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2024, 11:16 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times

Advertisements

Been filming scenes for the upcoming Bad Boys 4 in Brickell since the weekend. Got some good shots of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence (and the beautiful Porsche) today in front of the AKA/Wells Fargo building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2024, 11:18 AM

3,195 posts, read 2,649,705 times
Really cool seeing this, I got a good view of it as well (and pics myself)

It made me reminisce of when I was in downtown Montreal and saw John Wick 2, X-Men and a few other big films being shot there.

Old 02-28-2024, 11:22 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Not sure why more films and TV shows not shot here….was a huge fan of HBO’s Ballers before they skipped town. Not enough payola or crazy restrictions ??

Didn’t know John Wick 2 was filmed there…NYC, Jersey and Rome come to mind.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-28-2024 at 12:17 PM..

Old 02-28-2024, 01:16 PM

3,195 posts, read 2,649,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Not sure why more films and TV shows not shot here….was a huge fan of HBO’s Ballers before they skipped town. Not enough payola or crazy restrictions ??

Didn’t know John Wick 2 was filmed there…NYC, Jersey and Rome come to mind.
I'm thinking it's due to tax credits offered by Georgia in the U.S or Quebec/B.C for example. They range between 20-50% and there's other incentives.

I know for Quebec, it's about 40% + there are major studios downtown and soon to be Laval. Add all the VFX companies set up there, it's perfect. Georgia is another place where many movies are shot for the same reasons.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:20 PM

134 posts, read 49,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
I'm thinking it's due to tax credits offered by Georgia in the U.S or Quebec/B.C for example. They range between 20-50% and there's other incentives.

I know for Quebec, it's about 40% + there are major studios downtown and soon to be Laval. Add all the VFX companies set up there, it's perfect. Georgia is another place where many movies are shot for the same reasons.
Georgia also has a very Anywhere, USA appearance that can easily mimic about half the country. I can't imagine anything being filmed in Miami that isn't set there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: