Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 07:07 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

a solid 5 here.....I can get cold below 80
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2023, 01:53 PM

134 posts, read 49,353 times
#8 definitely.

I've gotten out of the habit of checking the forecast since it's always wrong any way. In previous states I've lived, rain was more or less an event that you could plan for several hours in advance, but in South Florida you accept that it will rain at any time for any reason without warning.

The rest of these aren't true for me.

Old 10-27-2023, 01:57 PM

134 posts, read 49,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk and into people when you have 4 feet to YOUR right.
Can't prove it but I'm pretty sure that's done on purpose, at least in my experience.

So #14: learning to ignore intentionally combative people that are trying to ruin your day

Old 10-28-2023, 05:17 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk and into people when you have 4 feet to YOUR right.
here we drive on right....so we walk and pass on the right

...places like Britain, Caribbean, etc where they drive on the left....you walk and pass on the left

Old 11-03-2023, 10:44 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
here we drive on right....so we walk and pass on the right

...places like Britain, Caribbean, etc where they drive on the left....you walk and pass on the left
Yup—doesn’t require a degree in quantum Physics from Stanford either….I either hold my ground and wait for them to move or give a shoulder to someone about to walk right into me or cut me off.

The other thing I’ve noticed—though this is not limited to Miami—are the number of clueless millennial and/or Generation whatever who either came from broken families and/or were raised in the jungle who do not bother to cover their mouth when yawning, coughing or sneezing. Figuring it’s too late or they are too stupid to learn something their parents should have taught them by age 4, I just cough right back at them.

Last edited by elchevere; 11-03-2023 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-03-2023, 11:45 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
funny cause they are mostly true.....the descriptions in the link are even better

1. Driving like an a-hole

2. Adopting Spanglish as your first language

3. Drinking cafecito

4. Being chronically late

5. Wearing a jacket as soon as it hits 75 degrees

6. Listening to reggaeton everyday

7. Staying out all night on a Tuesday…

8. Never checking the weather

9. Eating “Pub subs” for every meal

10. Wearing sandals year-round

11. Having a superiority complex

12. Getting “work” done

13. Boating (and not working)

.............After a while, you just stop asking what people do for a living.

https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/1...ng-here-102423
Good list. I lived in south Miami Dade for 43 years. I did not adopt any of the habits that you listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami