Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 02:32 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Even though the Heat made it to the NBA Finals (admittedly I was rooting for the Celtics to make it due to them making it last season, so I felt like rooting for them this season due to Jayson Tatum), I still believe that the Heat just aren’t any match for the Denver Nuggets.

Denver just has a better squad and what Nikola Jokic is doing right now is changing the game for centers by being a “point center” as opposed to the classical centers like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone, and Shaq. Plus let’s not forget that Jokic was the 2-time NBA MVP in 2021 & 2022 and should’ve been a 3-time MVP had it not been for the meddling for a certain segment within the NBA.

Even though I can see Miami winning a couple of games, Denver is just too much and I can see Denver winning their first NBA Championship
I tend to agree but I was not confident the Heat would beat their first 3 opponents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 02:36 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,321,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Even though the Heat made it to the NBA Finals (admittedly I was rooting for the Celtics to make it due to them making it last season, so I felt like rooting for them this season due to Jayson Tatum), I still believe that the Heat just aren’t any match for the Denver Nuggets.

Denver just has a better squad and what Nikola Jokic is doing right now is changing the game for centers by being a “point center” as opposed to the classical centers like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone, and Shaq. Plus let’s not forget that Jokic was the 2-time NBA MVP in 2021 & 2022 and should’ve been a 3-time MVP had it not been for the meddling for a certain segment within the NBA.

Even though I can see Miami winning a couple of games, Denver is just too much and I can see Denver winning their first NBA Championship
All true, BUT anything can happen during the series...someone can get hurt, someone get a "hot" hand, bad calls by the refs, someone can go "cold". Lots can happen, which makes it exciting! Miami is playing with house money too. They could be dangerous for that reason.

Old 05-31-2023, 02:10 AM

27,185 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Maybe some magic will wear off on the Marlins, how awesome would that be? Not totally far-fetched given they're in 2nd place in the NL East.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:12 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
, Panthers? LOL, most fans can't even follow the puck.
When I was young in the 1970s I was able to follow the puck and actually enjoyed watching NHL games when the league even had a national television contract, in addition to local channels, on tiny television screens.

Today, though I’ve tried, I don’t watch hockey simply because I can’t follow the puck, despite huge television screens.

Is it my eyesight, stronger and faster players, the television angles?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:27 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
Not sure Jeter bothered the fans—he actually did the franchise a favor by unloading Stanton’s contract (trade), got CYA Alcantara for Ozuna, less props for trading Yelich and Reamulto, and left after his co-owners were unwilling to spend more $$ to upgrade the team a few years after. He is a winner, not one to settle for mediocrity (or less). Loria was the jackass (something even CXT might agree with).

Hard to pass Novecento, Fritz & Franz, and other places when soccer matches are being shown on TV and miss the screaming fans. The South Americans in Miami are rabid about this sport.

Last edited by Yac; 06-08-2023 at 08:08 AM..

Old 05-31-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Not sure Jeter bothered the fans—he actually did the franchise a favor by unloading Stanton’s contract (trade) and left after his co-owners were unwilling to spend more $$ to upgrade the team. He is a winner, not one to settle for mediocrity (or less). Loria was the jackass (something even CXT might agree with).

Hard to pass Novecento, Fritz & Franz, and other places when soccer matches are being shown on TV and miss the screaming fans. The South Americans in Miami are rabid about this sport.
I don't think Jeter bothered the fans. Just the turmoil, the friction with the co-owners and ultimately the lack of results wears on the fans. The overall situation wasn't fruitful. Ultimately, the fans want their team to win and do so consistently.

Old 05-31-2023, 10:42 AM

38 posts, read 22,652 times
The --PANTHERS-- (Bruins had most season points in NHL history, Panthers came back from series down 3-1, tied game 7 with 59 seconds left to force OT in Boston, 8th seed beats 1st seed) and the --HEAT-- (declined history making series comeback, 8th seed beats 2nd seed, revenge for last years ECF game 7 vs Boston, received 2 series trophies named after Celtics players in Boston) now own TD Garden. Brutal...ized

Last edited by telesport550; 05-31-2023 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-31-2023, 10:42 AM

27,185 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
I don't think Jeter bothered the fans. Just the turmoil, the friction with the co-owners and ultimately the lack of results wears on the fans. The overall situation wasn't fruitful. Ultimately, the fans want their team to win and do so consistently.
What bothered the fans was the constant fire sale of any star players and subsequent hope for a decent season, year after year. If they can maintain some consistency to the point where a purchased jersey isn't outdated after a year or two, they might well build attendance.

Old 05-31-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telesport550 View Post
The --HEAT-- (declined history making series comeback, 8th seed beating 2nd seed, received 2 series trophies named after Celtics players in Boston) and the --PANTHERS-- (Bruins had most season points in NHL history, Panthers came back from series down 3-1, tied game 7 with 59 seconds left to force OT in Boston) now own TD Garden. Brutal...ized
It's amazing! Super pumped to watch the Panthers and Heat. What a time to be here in Miami!

Old 05-31-2023, 01:10 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,189,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What bothered the fans was the constant fire sale of any star players and subsequent hope for a decent season, year after year. If they can maintain some consistency to the point where a purchased jersey isn't outdated after a year or two, they might well build attendance.
Exactly. I’m showing my age but I still get heartburn when Miguel Cabrera is on TV. Won a World Series for us in 2003 in his rookie season (deservedly so) and then 5 years later, gets traded to Detroit. From Miami to Detroit to eventually Cooperstown—why, Miami, why!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami