Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 09:19 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
How are Heat fans feeling about this series now?

It seems like many (most, even) national pundits are convinced the Celtics are going to win this thing. As a Celtics fan, I'm laughing. For starters, it's never been done before and there's a good reason for that. This Celtics team has played 1.5 good games out of five total. And they've been wildly inconsistent throughout the postseason. They could easily revert to the team we saw games 1-3 and Miami could close it out with a blowout win tomorrow night. And the Heat seem to be fueled by the doubt that's been thrown their way this year.

I also don't buy the "The Heat NEED to win Game 6" talk either. Obviously that would be ideal for the Heat, but on top of being extremely inconsistent, the Celtics are only something like 5-4 at home this postseason. I don't see how a potential Game 7 is anywhere near a lock for Boston. I'm just curious as to what Heat fans are thinking. Most Celtics fans aren't nearly as confident as the talking heads on ESPN seem to be.
Last two games were very hard to watch. Lowry is a clown. The amateur turnovers and airballs are unbelievable to watch from a professional basketball player. With that said, Vincent should be back on the floor for the next game and POSSIBLY Herro who was cleared for non-contact basketball work on Tuesday. But, I would say likely no on Herro. In any event, Heat CANNOT win playing like this. IMO Lowry should not be on the floor at all. He's a major momentum killer. I would also like to see Zeller on the floor more often than Adebayo who for some reason thinks he's point guard with a great handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2023, 09:56 PM

837 posts, read 854,186 times
The Cats already made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and I believe they'll win against DAL/VGK, however, once the Het allowed the Celtics to win Game 4 and now Game 5, momentum has shifted from the Heat's advantage to now the Celtics now controlling their destiny, even w/o Ime Udoka not being the coach anymore. It's still a fun time for Miami sports, but it looks like the Heat aren't going to make it to the NBA Finals!

Old 05-29-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
The Cats already made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and I believe they'll win against DAL/VGK, however, once the Het allowed the Celtics to win Game 4 and now Game 5, momentum has shifted from the Heat's advantage to now the Celtics now controlling their destiny, even w/o Ime Udoka not being the coach anymore. It's still a fun time for Miami sports, but it looks like the Heat aren't going to make it to the NBA Finals!
Heat look lost at the moment. I wonder if Butler's ankle is still injured from that tweak in the Knick series? Regardless, Lowry on the floor is a massive liability. I don't understand why the Heat coach doesn't try someone else. Lowry can't even pass the ball and he's small. What is the benefit of that clown on the floor and he's a huge momentum killer. Grrrr, still pulling for this team nonetheless. I think Butler is going to have to dig deep and carry the team from tip off for them to get it done.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Heat look lost at the moment. I wonder if Butler's ankle is still injured from that tweak in the Knick series? Regardless, Lowry on the floor is a massive liability. I don't understand why the Heat coach doesn't try someone else. Lowry can't even pass the ball and he's small. What is the benefit of that clown on the floor and he's a huge momentum killer. Grrrr, still pulling for this team nonetheless. I think Butler is going to have to dig deep and carry the team from tip off for them to get it done.
I guess the Heat did just that tonight in Boston!!!

https://www.espn.com/nba/

Old 05-30-2023, 02:20 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Good job, Heat are jinx proof.

I’ll be back home in time for game 3. Go Heat.

Old 05-30-2023, 06:02 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
I think Spro continues to use Lowry due to the 3’s. At any rate, thanks to lrfox and MiamiLife for the insightful sports analysis.

Go Panthers and Go Heat! Let the haters hate!

Old 05-30-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I think Spro continues to use Lowry due to the 3’s. At any rate, thanks to lrfox and MiamiLife for the insightful sports analysis.

Go Panthers and Go Heat! Let the haters hate!
Right! Caleb Martin was the steady hand at the beginning when the Heat were tight and he stayed on it for the entire game. Great job by Martin! On to the Nuggets now. Anything is possible!

Old 05-30-2023, 09:11 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Insane that the city with the most bandwagon fans I've ever witnessed are getting spoiled... definitely not deserved.

Old 05-30-2023, 11:21 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
Insane that the city with the most bandwagon fans I've ever witnessed are getting spoiled... definitely not deserved.
It’s a bit ironic someone from Montreal is calling out Miami fans, isn’t it?…after all, Montreal only supports and has but 1 “big four” pro sports league team after its baseball team, the Expos, left for greener pastures and better support in D.C. Yes/no?

Old 05-30-2023, 02:16 PM

Even though the Heat made it to the NBA Finals (admittedly I was rooting for the Celtics to make it due to them making it last season, so I felt like rooting for them this season due to Jayson Tatum), I still believe that the Heat just aren’t any match for the Denver Nuggets.

Denver just has a better squad and what Nikola Jokic is doing right now is changing the game for centers by being a “point center” as opposed to the classical centers like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Moses Malone, and Shaq. Plus let’s not forget that Jokic was the 2-time NBA MVP in 2021 & 2022 and should’ve been a 3-time MVP had it not been for the meddling for a certain segment within the NBA.

Even though I can see Miami winning a couple of games, Denver is just too much and I can see Denver winning their first NBA Championship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami