Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 12:51 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times

Advertisements

I am a big fan of Edgewater. The proximity to the beach, Upper Eastside, Wynwood, Midtown, and the Design District is pretty unbeatable.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...miami-a39bfb28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2023, 05:01 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Oh lord lol, Edgewater is as mid as it gets.

Old 06-11-2023, 09:26 AM

126 posts, read 219,881 times
Many comments regarding Edgewater as "up and coming" and the "pulse of Miami" have been talked about over the last few years but... I still don't get it when it comes to Edgewater. Granted that the park areas and the high rises on the bay are great but IMO that's about it. There is virtually nothing else (restaurants, bars etc.) to walk to in the immediate area. Lately there has been much chatter about the proximity to Wynwood, Midtown and Design District. Why not just live in one of those other areas than be in "close proximity" to them in Edgewater? The Edgewater hype seems to me to be just that, "hype"... another fake it till you make it Miami story.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8999 View Post
Many comments regarding Edgewater as "up and coming" and the "pulse of Miami" have been talked about over the last few years but... I still don't get it when it comes to Edgewater. Granted that the park areas and the high rises on the bay are great but IMO that's about it. There is virtually nothing else (restaurants, bars etc.) to walk to in the immediate area. Lately there has been much chatter about the proximity to Wynwood, Midtown and Design District. Why not just live in one of those other areas than be in "close proximity" to them in Edgewater? The Edgewater hype seems to me to be just that, "hype"... another fake it till you make it Miami story.
Clearly you haven’t been to Klaw, Casadonna, Amaro’s, Mignonette. Something wildly off in this random post.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:02 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Quote:

Edgewater is essentially a vertical suburb. I laugh when people say this area has a "pulse" lol, unless watery eyes from boredom counts... agree with your post

Old 06-12-2023, 07:35 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Edgewater needs considerably more walkable, retail infill.....I had a lovely brunch at Amara at Paraiso but was then left wondering what's next and how far a walk.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Edgewater needs considerably more walkable, retail infill.....I had a lovely brunch at Amara at Paraiso but was then left wondering what's next and how far a walk.
I love to be in nabes "on the come". Once the bay walk is complete, there will be a real difference in things going on over there. Major Food Group, OKO's two remaining sites, Edition Residences, and Aria on the Bay should complete the bay walk. Whole Foods Market place will open next year on Biscayne Boulevard. Missoni just opened and people moving in. In five years Edgewater going to be one of the best nabes to live in given its proximity to Wynwood, Midtown, Mid Beach, Upper Eastside, Design District, etc.

Old 06-12-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
In five years Edgewater going to be one of the best nabes to live in given its proximity to Wynwood, Midtown, Mid Beach, Upper Eastside, Design District, etc.
I sincerely hope so. When I first looked into moving to the area about 7yrs ago there were many touting that in 5yrs Edgewater will be totally different but not much has changed. I'm rooting for Edgewater but again like many other predictions in Miami I will believe it when I see it.

Old 06-12-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I sincerely hope so. When I first looked into moving to the area about 7yrs ago there were many touting that in 5yrs Edgewater will be totally different but not much has changed. I'm rooting for Edgewater but again like many other predictions in Miami I will believe it when I see it.
Where did you end up moving? Sounds like you took a pass on Edgewater. What nabe would you say is the best in Miami and why?

Old 06-12-2023, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Where did you end up moving? Sounds like you took a pass on Edgewater. What nabe would you say is the best in Miami and why?
After years of research and contemplation I ultimately chose The Gables. I live pretty close to Miracle Mile and I like being able to walk to pretty much everything I need to. The only concession I made is not having a bay view but I got everything else on my wish list. I seriously considered Brickell for a long time but being recently retired it's not my scene for the long term. If I had an unlimited budget I think I would have got something in a high rise on the bay in Coconut Grove. I've been in Coral Gables for a couple years now and like it very much. I like the way the city is run for the most part rather than Miami. The Gables isn't for everyone but it fits me just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami