Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 12:03 PM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo6713 View Post
But they will claim FL as their home.
They will claim it for tax purposes if they resides here 183 days of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 01:20 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
There are a lot of empty investor condos in NY as well, especially on billionaires row where wealthy oligarchs Saudis park their money in a real estate.

Old 03-03-2023, 01:23 PM

10 posts, read 11,627 times
I am moving to Miami next Friday! I will rent first because so many people throwing cash around snapping up condos like there is no tomorrow. I bid on a couple and lost as I don't feel like going over the asking.

Old 03-03-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I am moving to Miami next Friday! I will rent first because so many people throwing cash around snapping up condos like there is no tomorrow. I bid on a couple and lost as I don't feel like going over the asking.
It's difficult to buy now. I would rent for a while to see if you like living in Miami. I moved here over a year ago and couldn't love it more! But, this place is not for everyone. Mainly the drivers are terrible and the traffic. The traffic doesn't bother me, but the drivers are trash. Really need to keep your head on a swivel. Anything can happen between ignorant local drivers, scooters, bicycles and tourists.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:19 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Quote:
I had a customer tell me that in 2021..wouldn't over bid on a large 1/1 at Flatiron...needless to say it went up $150k a year later

Worse case you hate Miami, you rent it out. There will never be a dull market for Miami rentals.

Old 03-09-2023, 05:51 AM

415 posts, read 650,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
They will claim it for tax purposes if they resides here 183 days of the year.
This is not what I'm hearing from the realtors. It used to be the 6 month and a day game for tax purposes. Now the New Yorkers are looking for larger units to accomodate their families and asking about schools, etc. The are moving here full time.

Old 04-01-2023, 10:49 AM

38 posts, read 22,690 times
Other cities will struggle to match the unique and enticing lifestyle that the Miami area offers. It's emerged as one of the most prominent locations in the world for those looking for a super extravagant way of life, thanks to its warm weather throughout the year, popular beaches, and dynamic cultural amenities.

A demand for high-end services and goods is generated by the influx of wealthy citizens, which in turn draws companies that serve their demands. In contrast to most other areas of the country, where jobs and industries often dictate the character of the region, South Florida's appeal is largely based on its lifestyle. No matter the number and type of new jobs created, that will always remain true.

Old 04-01-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telesport550 View Post
Other cities will struggle to match the unique and enticing lifestyle that the Miami area offers. It's emerged as one of the most prominent locations in the world for those looking for a super extravagant way of life, thanks to its warm weather throughout the year, popular beaches, and dynamic cultural amenities.

A demand for high-end services and goods is generated by the influx of wealthy citizens, which in turn draws companies that serve their demands. In contrast to most other areas of the country, where jobs and industries often dictate the character of the region, South Florida's appeal is largely based on its lifestyle. No matter the number and type of new jobs created, that will always remain true.
I love Miami! Moved here a year and half ago and consider the move one of the best decisions of my life. However, Miami will hit a bump in the road. She's flying high right now, but there is always something that comes along to bring you back to earth. I expect some hiccup to manifest along my time here.

Old 04-02-2023, 04:45 AM

837 posts, read 854,186 times
Every city has their bumps and bruises and Miami is no different (1980 Miami Riots, Cocaine Cowboys, Spurning of Mandela in 1990, Hurricane Andrew, etc.)Miami has the dynamics to be one of America's fastest growing city in America's fastest growing state.

Old 04-03-2023, 03:11 PM

415 posts, read 650,856 times
Miami has a lot of in migration the issue is that we are also losing a lot of people to other cities in Florida and therefore not going alot. In fact the census numbers show that from 2020 to 2022 we actually lost a small percentage of people.

https://www.census.gov/library/stori...s-shifted.html

Quote:
In Florida, the Miami area is a distinct pocket of net domestic migration loss in the heart of a state with mostly net domestic migration gains.
We are gaining wealthy residents, young single professionals, etc. This however is pushing out the middle to lower class families to Broward and beyond as they can't afford to live here.

Part of the issue is that Miami is essentially landlocked similar to Manhattan. And similar to Manhattan Miami is becoming wealth center of activity that average people can't afford. We need to continue to build good transit like the brightline. The cities to the North will essentially become our NJ and much of the working class will have to commute in and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami