Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 04:42 PM

699 posts, read 2,218,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothrakirider View Post
Well, forgot that we even had this conversation! But you are right, it still does remind me of a snoozy village but maybe because I'm getting older and the nightlife isn't too far away anyways, that's what I'm looking at. My first option was Coconut Grove but much higher rents and the second time around, I thought that if I'm going to live in Miami, might as well live for what it's known for, the beaches. Thanks for the reminder and I'll go back and look at the thread again
There's something to be said for considering a bay view vs an ocean view. There isn't really a view at night oceanfront, but definitely a view at night on the bay. You're just as close to whatever you need to live, entertain, etc. One can still enjoy the beach life on a bike or a scooter from a bay view building.

For the most part, it might actually be a quiet place just steps away from everything.

Might be worth a think depending on your budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 08:01 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
There's something to be said for considering a bay view vs an ocean view. There isn't really a view at night oceanfront, but definitely a view at night on the bay. You're just as close to whatever you need to live, entertain, etc. One can still enjoy the beach life on a bike or a scooter from a bay view building.

For the most part, it might actually be a quiet place just steps away from everything.

Might be worth a think depending on your budget.
I always tell my clients that want direct ocean that at night, its pitch dark! Yes, during the day its beautiful and depending how high and close you are, you can hear the waves a bit from your balcony...but if you work, you won't enjoy it much. The bay view is beautiful blue and you get the lights from the city @ night.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:47 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I always tell my clients that want direct ocean that at night, its pitch dark! Yes, during the day its beautiful and depending how high and close you are, you can hear the waves a bit from your balcony...but if you work, you won't enjoy it much. The bay view is beautiful blue and you get the lights from the city @ night.
Some of us oceanfront condo dwellers are fortunately enough to have views of both!

That said, and with respect to your comment about the ocean at night, I love watching the cruise ships and other sea vessels sail out with their lights ablaze at night. And on those mornings when I'm up early before the sun rises, they make a pretty line of ships all anchored just off shore as they wait for the Port of Miami to open. And speaking of early mornings, there's not much prettier than daybreak and catching the sun as it just starts its rise from the sea.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:43 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Some of us oceanfront condo dwellers are fortunately enough to have views of both!

That said, and with respect to your comment about the ocean at night, I love watching the cruise ships and other sea vessels sail out with their lights ablaze at night. And on those mornings when I'm up early before the sun rises, they make a pretty line of ships all anchored just off shore as they wait for the Port of Miami to open. And speaking of early mornings, there's not much prettier than daybreak and catching the sun as it just starts its rise from the sea.
I agree, the sunrises are beautiful.

Problem is most Miami-ians aren't up that early to enjoy it! (which I actually like because I can go to breakfast restaurants at 8:30-9:00am and there is no wait!)

Old 06-17-2017, 12:26 PM

699 posts, read 2,218,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

You've got a point there... to have both. I imagine your unit price reflects that.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:35 PM

57 posts, read 87,063 times
I'll be working from home so not worried of extracting every value of having a great view of the beach. I used to live in Brickell and had an awesome bay view - very pretty but found no utility in it and also found that it was only marginally more interesting as the weeks passed.

If I go back to having a bay view because I cannot afford or find a beachfront condo, then I'll move back to Brickell instead of paying for a similar bayview rent that is 20% higher in MB. Hoping this is not the case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami