Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:33 PM

440 posts, read 1,495,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Well this is my opinion, I see California as a better place to live. And I think many people think the same as the housing prices show it. But I can say the same for Florida, but I think that is slowly changing. Like I said friends love Santa Monica and would never move back to Miami. Thats their opinion. They think its a better place to live and so do I. You know, no place is perfect. There are bad things in each place, I guess it all depends on what you are willing to put up with, to get in return. For me I will take some of the issues we have here if I get better weather. The weather in Florida is my biggest gripe, and that we can't control as it is getting hotter for longer. God today was hot, December isn't suppose to in the 80's something is just wrong with this.
Good reply , and well taken . I know that you love California ... I like it myself as well , but apparently just not as much as you do . I just find that it shares many , many of the same problems that South Florida has and I am shocked when I go how much I hear from people wanting to move out especially to Arizona and Texas ( Austin and San Antonio ) . I have been there twice in the last three months and the overall deterioration especially of the greater LA area is shocking !!

I am currently in Norcross , North of Atlanta on business and today the high was 81 which is record for December 12 th ... although it is supposed to cool down considerably over the weekend . I fly home tomorrow night and I am hoping to bring down a little of that cool weather !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE bring some cool weather, they say Sunday and Monday we will get into 70's, I take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
I am currently in Norcross , North of Atlanta on business and today the high was 81 which is record for December 12 th ... although it is supposed to cool down considerably over the weekend . I fly home tomorrow night and I am hoping to bring down a little of that cool weather !!!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,466,204 times
Quote:
PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE bring some cool weather, they say Sunday and Monday we will get into 70's, I take that.

Can anyone send snow for christmas day? Just a little....for a minute or two?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I will do my best ...... as it does not feel like the Holidays with the temps in the 80's !!!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 AM

109 posts, read 485,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
I will do my best ...... as it does not feel like the Holidays with the temps in the 80's !!!
Sure it does... when I was a kid I loved being able to play with xmas presents outside immediately. I feel sorry for kids in cold weather states that can't ride their new bike for 3 months after they get it.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRockTeam View Post
Sure it does... when I was a kid I loved being able to play with xmas presents outside immediately. I feel sorry for kids in cold weather states that can't ride their new bike for 3 months after they get it.
You could not play with your toys outside if it was in the 50's or 60 's .. come on ... I am not implying that it should be twenty degreees to feel like Christmas ... I would settle for low 60's to be honest ... but mid 80-'s that really sucks !!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:30 AM

109 posts, read 485,603 times
LOL... Hey, I love the sunshine, I lived in Boston for 6 years. All it takes is shoveling out of a parking space for 30 mins only to have someone take it to wreck the xmas spirit.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM

546 posts, read 2,148,246 times
I was in NYC for 5 days last week and they had their first snowfall and it was the perfect amount of time to start missing the Florida Weather.

It was nice to come home and be able to wear some shorts. Everyone up there was extremely jealous I lived in Miami. Can't say I blame them...that cold weather gets old quick!

Old 12-13-2007, 01:52 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
My sister lives in Manhatten, she isn't jealous at all of Miami. Matter of fact one reason she left Miami was our weather. When she was down in October, I asked her if she was sad she was leaving Miami. She said actually the opposite, she was glad to go back to NYC. So not everyone is jealous of Miami.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,213,227 times
Quote:
My sister lives in Manhatten, she isn't jealous at all of Miami. Matter of fact one reason she left Miami was our weather. When she was down in October, I asked her if she was sad she was leaving Miami. She said actually the opposite, she was glad to go back to NYC. So not everyone is jealous of Miami.
I agree with her, I despise cold weather. Even CA's foggy days with temps in the 60s and nights in the 40s annoy the hell outta me. That said, Miami does get some cold weather for a few days each winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami