Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times

Advertisements

You still have to board up evacuate often enough to **** a person off and you live in high risk insurance area because Hurricanes. And a little snow isnt so bad

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 08:29 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickhere View Post
you know it amazes me to come on here and read the negative comments that everyone has on miami. i just recently returned from active duty with the united states marine corps. in 8 years i have traveled the world and have realized that miami is a truly amazing place, not the best, but it does offer the best fishing, a beautiful skyline, the best beaches, amazing latin food, fun nightlife, and some of the most beautiful ladies. i have visited parts of VA, SC, GA(to include ATL), Dallas, LA & Hollywood, and NYC. The only place that resembled Miami was LA, but I truly think the city has a weird odor, they have very poor visiblity due to the smog, and they have very cold beaches. Also, I lived on the east part of NC for 2 years and i thought i was going to die of boredom. anyway i am very happy to be back home. here in miami we don't have to worry about snow, a sudden tornado falling from the sky, or an earthquake. i truly believe one should live where they want to live. like i said miami is not the best place, but it is not as bad as some people make it seem. explain to me this..if miami is indeed that bad, then why is the city always on TV, or in the movies? the city is currently undergoing serious construction and remodeling. rumors have it that Miami is the city of the future. stay tuned.
Clickhere,
I just want to say thank you for your service to our country. It is folks like you who go out and do the real work so the others can sit and complain about there lives without fear. I appreciate you and I love your out look on life. I am glad to know you are happy with your life after service.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:04 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,027,121 times
To echo what mbmouse said...
Welcome back, clickhere...thank you for your service and great attitude.
Home is what you make it...
There's great and lousy things to be found in every city, bottom line is we have a choice of where to live...and that is a great gift not to be taken for granted.

Find your little slice of heaven wherever you are.
Glad you are back to the city that you are happy to call home.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 PM

14 posts, read 49,140 times
i live in west kendall. i have been in miami 23 years and i have never seen a tornado. i lived in NC for 2 years. i did get to see them there. i also encountered one in GA.

mbmouse:
Thank you very much for your kind words! My family and I visited Gatlinburg, TN in February and the smokies were beautiful. We plan to rent a cabin and go up there again someday. Take care.

Besitomio: Thank you.

Last edited by mbmouse; 11-13-2007 at 05:23 AM..

Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGONZ001 View Post
I am really enjoying my new home city. Nothing negative about it.
Where did you head to?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:11 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Clickhere,
I just want to say thank you for your service to our country. It is folks like you who go out and do the real work so the others can sit and complain about there lives without fear. I appreciate you and I love your out look on life. I am glad to know you are happy with your life after service.

Don't mean to sound like im calling you out but maybe SOME people do live in fear .....of coarse he has defended our country from having a fear of outside forces attacking us, but there are other fears that Americans can have that have nothing to do with the military being able to protect us.
How do you know that "everyone" lives in safe neighborhoodz without fear?....is it just because you or some others on here do?.....where are the facts to support that statement?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Don't mean to sound like im calling you out but maybe SOME people do live in fear .....of coarse he has defended our country from having a fear of outside forces attacking us, but there are other fears that Americans can have that have nothing to do with the military being able to protect us.
How do you know that "everyone" lives in safe neighborhoodz without fear?....is it just because you or some others on here do?.....where are the facts to support that statement?
Umm...I was politely thanking a servicemen for his duty to our country so we can remain free and you are going to ask me to quote stats because of my general statement???
Nice, real nice. Heaven forbid you thank him too.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Umm...I was politely thanking a servicemen for his duty to our country so we can remain free and you are going to ask me to quote stats because of my general statement???
Nice, real nice. Heaven forbid you thank him too.
I'll thank him for sure....but that doesn't mean everyone that is complaining or stating actuall facts about what they have seen in thier neighborhoods are being protected from local fears....of coarse he has protected this country from outside fears......i think people misunderstand...i know you might be "tired" of hearing issues that others deal with and or maybe its just the people who exadurate..i dont know ...but to say that the military is protecting people from fears of being robbed in the U.S. or murdered here isn't really true....most of us do live in nice safe places here but some "complainers" might not ....we dont know who is typing things on the other side of the computer screen and what they have been through or where they have been to compare areas....I do thank him for defending our country and i respect that

Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I'll thank him for sure....but that doesn't mean everyone that is complaining or stating actuall facts about what they have seen in thier neighborhoods are being protected from local fears....of coarse he has protected this country from outside fears......i think people misunderstand...i know you might be "tired" of hearing issues that others deal with and or maybe its just the people who exadurate..i dont know ...but to say that the military is protecting people from fears of being robbed in the U.S. or murdered here isn't really true....most of us do live in nice safe places here but some "complainers" might not ....we dont know who is typing things on the other side of the computer screen and what they have been through or where they have been to compare areas....I do thank him for defending our country and i respect that
OK, but I believe you are reading way to much into my one sentence:
"It is folks like you who go out and do the real work so the others can sit and complain about there lives without fear. I appreciate you and I love your out look on life." I do not recall saying anything about people robbed or murdered here, you inferred WAY to much about assuming what I meant just because I happen to be a moderator. I meant US citizens have the FREEDOM to complain about anything without fear of retribution from the government. But seeing as you insist on continuing with it, I am going to be a mod here for a minute and point out that what you are doing in this thread is a perfect example of thread hijacking. This man started a thread saying he likes his life in Miami and why, but you have grabbed a hold of one sentence I posted in response and have now turned it into a "where and how do the military protect us." thread.
I apologize to clickhere for having to use his thread to explain the rules yet again to you.
Y'all have a nice day.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:18 AM

I guess im not that clear on what the OP's question is or his topic.....What I got out of re-reading it again just now..is that he has been to many places as alot of people have and says that he personally is having a good time living in Miami......then i got the part where he questions why people complain about Miami......

This was your quote mbhouse:
It is folks like you who go out and do the real work so the others can sit and complain about there lives without fear.

I get from your quote that you do thank this guy for serving our country so we can be free to say what we want ect...

But I go back to the topic and he is basically asking "Why" do others not see the positives in Miami?.......Well personally I love Miami ...it is my place of birth and hometown...and i love any team that plays sports that has the name Miami, but i also know the reality of living where I lived down there...and when i was there i went to school "IN FEAR" everyday..because thugs wanted to start fights with people all the time and i didnt wanna be the next target....and i saw some dude get beat up for stepping on another guys shoelaces.......so i guess i took the reply of mbhouse as saying that we should not "complain" because this guy has defended our country so we dont have to fear.....so sorry if i went off path "clickhere"....and sorry to the moderator too.....now to answer why some people complain....Well some people are new to the area and it wasn't all cracked up to what they thought it would be....and some people like me actually grew up there and love Miami but see some realities that others dont see because of differences in our financial situations or age or other factors....and some people might just complain because they truly hate everything Miami and want to run the name of the city into the ground......there are many different reasons behind why some people complain ........so i really wouldn't categorize all people that have a complaint as being in the "negative" Miami hater crowd.....it goes both ways too....some people are truly oblivious or just havent lived in certain areas so they dont see what all the fuss is about and some people also overexadurate in a positive way and cant admitt to agreeing on certain negatives that really do exsist...this is just what i think about why people complain and why people complain about complainers of Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami