Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2023, 04:36 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

In late June/early July for a family w/ a 4 year old? Thinking of staying at an AI (all-inclusive) resort over an AirBnB/VRBO. Never been to PV, is it pretty family-friendly? We are an interracial, Spanish-speaking family.

Thanks y'all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 10:17 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times
Would you stay mostly within your resort? Or get out and around every day? PV is a pretty modern city, not much "old Mexico." For a visitor, the cruise harbor is about it.

Old 06-04-2023, 10:18 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
June and July can be quite humid in PV. Its high season is more November to March.

As for accommodations , it depends on what type of holiday you want. If you stay out in Nuevo Vallarta, where a lot of the AI's are, you will most likely be in modern high-rise with everything there. That is not my type of holiday, since I like a little Mexican flavour when I'm in PV. However, I don't travel with a 4 year old so that may be better for you. You could take a taxi into the Old Town or Romantic Zone area and spend a day there.

Although PV has changed so much over the last 20 years, the Old Town still retains some of its charm, with cobbled streets etc. Especially the further away from the beach you go. The other thing I like about staying in Old Town, or close by, is that you can walk to the many restaurants, and there are a lot of them. Accommodations in the Old Town vary from modern to more rustic.

PV is family friendly and on weekends, on Los Muertos beach in the Old Town a lot of Mexican families come down to the beach with their kids.

Perhaps someone who knows more about Nuevo can comment about it. It might be more practical for you, but IMO it's seems like you could be almost anywhere.

Old 06-04-2023, 12:58 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Would you stay mostly within your resort? Or get out and around every day? PV is a pretty modern city, not much "old Mexico." For a visitor, the cruise harbor is about it.
We would do a mix of both. I would like to see the Zona Romantica. Maybe do 1 excursion. Because of my preschooler I'd like it to be a very laidback trip.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:40 PM

194 posts, read 422,908 times
Puerto Vallarta is absolutely worth visiting. We have been there with my kids multiple times, even when my daughter was nine months old and I think it is very family friendly. In Puerto Vallarta I prefer to rent a condo and be closer to the old town. Even if you choose to stay in an AI in Nuevo Vallarta it is easy and not expensive to move around. For my kids the highlights were always walking the Malecon in the evenings.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:31 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2780 View Post
Puerto Vallarta is absolutely worth visiting. We have been there with my kids multiple times, even when my daughter was nine months old and I think it is very family friendly. In Puerto Vallarta I prefer to rent a condo and be closer to the old town. Even if you choose to stay in an AI in Nuevo Vallarta it is easy and not expensive to move around. For my kids the highlights were always walking the Malecon in the evenings.
Agreed.. We are going to PVR in September for the 5th time.. for the 1st time, we are doing a condo instead of a resort. Zona Romantica has a lot to do, its fun to walk around and take it in. The food scene in town is great, make sure to take the kid to the famous "Churro Man".

My favorite time to go is in January/February, though. We went two years ago and saw an insane amount of whales on a tour we did, including an Orca who swam about 10-15 feet in front of me!

Old 06-12-2023, 09:45 AM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
Absolutely! I set my second novel, "The Puerto Vallarta Blues" there. Get it on Amazon. Not for children.

Old 07-07-2023, 09:15 AM

34 posts, read 37,173 times
I live half the year in Puerto Vallarta and I say that any time is a good time to visit! Sure, summers are hot and humid, but the crowds are diminished and the surrounding mountains become lush and green. The afternoon and evening thunderstorms won’t disrupt your schedule, and sometimes the lightning shows over the bay are spectacular. And the botanical gardens south of town are in full and glorious bloom.

There are all-inclusive resorts in Puerto Vallarta as well as Nuevo Nayarit. The ones in NN are generally newer and larger, but it can be up to an hour drive to old town, depending on how far north you go. The ones in PV are only a short cab ride from Centro.

I hope you go and have a great time! If you like fried chicken and mac-n-cheese, hit up my son’s restaurant called Algo Bueno. He has locations in Versalles and Zona Romantica.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:09 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprotast View Post

I hope you go and have a great time! If you like fried chicken and mac-n-cheese, hit up my son’s restaurant called Algo Bueno. He has locations in Versalles and Zona Romantica.
I just looked at it, looks great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico