Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:00 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,838 times

Advertisements

Anybody else go there and have some great tips, restaurants finds etc?
Me, i have been there a half a dozen times now and have a timeshare there as well.
But we are always looking for suggestions on where else to eat or activities to do.
I have done Las Calitas, Mismaloya Beach and Los Veranos Canopy Tours.
Favorite resturants are La Palapa and Vista Grill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
If you spend much time there, go to San Blas (of Wadsworth fame). It is kind of fun to tie the poem to the place. Btw, the church referenced is still there, as of ~1999 anyway. There are also some jungle excursions that are not nearly as crowded (or where not) as many other PV 'excursions'. It is a bit of a drive and the roads used to be terrible, but that did keep the crowds down, as well.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,391,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1GOOSE View Post
Anybody knows exactly how far is Puerto Vallarta from Guadalajara pleaseee??? thank you!
They're around 170 miles apart from one another and a trip by road takes approximately 3.5 hours.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
I understand (although I have not taken the actual trip from PV to Guad.) that it can take well over 4 hours, depending on the road conditions and traffic. Also, the buses may take 5 or 6, depending on the schedule and 'condtion'. This is all hearsay, but it is what we were told when we were in PV in the 90s. Maybe it has improved, but I would check it out so you are not surprised. In any case, the trip is probably worth it - we flew into Guadalajara about 10 years ago and it is an amazing city.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 AM

103 posts, read 513,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Me, i have been there a half a dozen times now and have a timeshare there as well.
But we are always looking for suggestions on where else to eat or activities to do.
My wife and I went there in late November... was extremely beautiful. We did the zip-line tour of the jungle, and had a blast.

I reccomend that you take the newer tour (I can't remember the name) - its the one where you go very high up in the mountains, and start from their base came; as opposed to the tour where you go get drawn up by a cord, and go from tree stand to tree stand.

AJK

Old 03-07-2007, 05:38 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmisol View Post
My wife and I went there in late November... was extremely beautiful. We did the zip-line tour of the jungle, and had a blast.

I reccomend that you take the newer tour (I can't remember the name) - its the one where you go very high up in the mountains, and start from their base came; as opposed to the tour where you go get drawn up by a cord, and go from tree stand to tree stand.

AJK
Now which one is that?
I did the Los Veranos tour but you do go from tree stand to tree stand.
Still was a blast!

Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 AM

22 posts, read 127,500 times
Quote:
Definitely you have to visit Guadalajara City (they have posted a few image of the city in the Mexico's Forum) this is only half an hour by plane and 4 hours driving away from Puerto Vallarta, i specially recomend to visit all the museum restaurants and shoping malls and take a picture of its beautifull european architecture, people is very opened, cosmopolitan but at the same time reminds the warm of mexican colonial towns.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,189 times
I love PV too bad I haven't been there for over two years
There is a good tacoria near the airport. It's right across from where you have to walk across the main highways through that concreate walkpath. I hope that helps. But really most of mexican food is good.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 13,963 times
Default Pitillal

A quaint little town Pitillal, can be reached by Bus. Ask for "Esquina de Colin" a sports bar ,where the botanas or free treats ( especially the soup) is great!!!!

Cheers !

Quote:

Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,732 times
Default vacationing in Puerto Vallarta

I am planning on going to PV this NEw YEars (2007/2008) Any advice on inexpnsive hotels or villas to rent for the 8 days I am there. I am really interested in Zona Romantica. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico