Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 PM

30 posts, read 128,983 times

Advertisements

I have a strange love of taco pizza. I was able to get it in the last two states we lived in. I cannot seem to find it here in Maryland. Even some of the Pizza Huts back in the midwest carry taco pizza.

Does anyone know of a place I could get a taco pizza (we live in the Columbia area- but I am willing to drive a little distance for taco pizza!)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 PM

51 posts, read 204,510 times
Ummmm, Taco Bell?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Taco bell doesn't have exactly what I am looking for - the full normal pizza crust with Taco toppings. I think this must be a midwestern dish.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM

262 posts, read 824,479 times
I am looking on here because we r visiting my family in md. However, I know cici's here in sc does it. Not sure where your town is but they have some near baltimore. You can check their website and call.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,751,055 times
Pat's has a Mexican pizza: Pat's Family Restaurant Online (http://www.patsfamilyrestaurant.com/site/index.jsp?go=locator - broken link)

Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,075 times
Talking Omg!

Taco pizza!!!!!!!!!
It's not a just a midwest thing - I used to get this AMAZING taco pizza out in Colorado Springs back in the mid to late 80s! DAMN that sh*t was good!!!
Sorry - I realize that doesn't help you...
Good luck!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,879,660 times
Generous George's in Alexandria (and soon Herndon, apparently), VA has a taco pizza!! I haven't tried it, but all of their other pizzas are awesome, so it's probably good, too. Columbia to Alexandria (or Herndon) would be quite a journey, but still:

http://www.generousgeorge.com/

They also have that excellent St. Louis "Hill" creation, toasted ravioli(!), so I'm thinking the owner has to have *some* Midwest connection.

Back to pizza, though - now that you're on the East Coast, you'll just have to learn to love the ubiquitous "white pizza." (I've started to realize that the Midwest and West form one gigantic market, food industry-wise, while the East Coast is more of its own thing. So it's not surprising if you're able to find certain foods more readily in both the West and Midwest than here.)

Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I checked out Generous George online - those pizzas look amazing! Pat's has quite a selection too! I look forward to trying both of those places out. You are right Alexandria is a drive - but we have yet to do the tourist stuff over there, so I will check out Generous George when we do a tourist day out that direction.

You are right about East coast being a little different in terms of food. I have lived in SC and the Midwest, but Maryland is a little different in food choices than both of my former locations. It was a little hard coming here from Charleston (SC) because Charleston has some of the best restaurants in the country. I was spoiled there. I have yet to try this white pizza -but - I have tried some of the more authentic Italian pizza places (run by people who speak Italian). They have been quite good. I can't get used to your crab cakes either. They are so different. I know people love them and they are famous, but my taste buds are still trying to get used to them.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 AM

334 posts, read 1,497,610 times
Do you have a "Panago"there? They make Taco Pizza.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,109 times
[url]http://happyjoes.com/index.php[/url]

The above link is for Happy Joe's in Davenport, IA. They actually invented the Taco Pizza and they happen to ship nation wide. It's a bit expensive, but it's possible to have mid-western taco pizza once more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland