Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:44 PM

139 posts, read 617,598 times

Advertisements

Hi former New Yorkers and anyone else reading this post, I enjoy any and all input! Any ideas where to get the best (close to NY style) pizza in Baltimore county??? I am a fan of either sicilian or just a plain old slice with a little pepperoni (I am a cheap date!) I just relocated within the last month and I am stumped as where to get the best pizza! Also, any places where you can walk in and order a slice to go? Most places I have eaten are sit down (Italian restaurants) and the pizza was just ok! Please help, I am hungry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 04:23 PM

915 posts, read 3,179,750 times
a lot those mom and pop pizza place...mostly the take out one...nothing fancy are pretty good and very good price. those around the county is better though..IMO

Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 PM

770 posts, read 3,679,796 times
I have yet to find some place close to it. However, Squisitos isnt too bad.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:16 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
I do like Ledos pizza and Cheese cake factory have good tasting pizza as well.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:13 PM

THANKS...I will ck them out...

Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 PM

810 posts, read 2,160,708 times
Pizza JOhn's in Essex Pizza John's, Inc © - Location

top 5 Baltimore area pizza places:
from chowhound

Top five Baltimore area pizza places? - Washington DC & Baltimore Area - Chowhound

Old 03-09-2008, 03:42 PM

founder of Pizza JOhn's is from Italy

Pizza John's, Inc © - History

In 1950 Pizza John's founder, John Coruzzi, had just arrived in America from his hometown of Abruzzi, Italy. At the young age of 16 he took on his first job as a baker in East Baltimore. For the next 50 years his hard work and dedication would result in owning/operating a successful Italian restaurant and becoming a well-respected figure in the community. For those of you who have grown up in the Essex area, or for those of you new to Pizza John's, let us take you on a stroll down memory lane by revisiting Pizza John's from past to present.
After a 10 year stint as a pizza-maker with Squire's Cafe in Dundalk, John decided to live out the American Dream and go into business for himself. Without anyone by his side, John opened the original Pizza John's Carry Out establishment at 131 1/2 Back River Neck Road in 1966 — a place many present day customers still recall today
Three months later, the first of John's two brothers, Peter, would come from Italy to be with him in running this newly founded business. After only a year, the duo became a trio as the third brother, Anthony, followed suit.
The next 10 years were kind to the Coruzzi brothers. Pizza John's was doing well and the number of people that the business employed had grown to 18. It was at this time that the brothers also decided that their current location was no longer adequate in meeting their needs.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:48 PM

139 posts, read 923,791 times
i been looking for sicilians in bmore county i have yet to find it.pizza george in the randallstown area has some good slices though

Old 03-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Hey Q-Dog...Not sure where in the Bronx you are from, but I lived in the Bx. for 14 years and always went to Peppino's on E. 241st street and continued to go there many years later when I lived in Westchester. That was my favorite from the Bronx, and had no complaints on any RAY'S Pizza in NYC. Good luck with your sicilian search, if you find one, let me know...and I will let you know as well! (if you miss NY, ck out my page with NYC Useless Knowledge!)
Annie Productions (http://mysite.verizon.net/annie718 - broken link)

Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-d0g_Bronx View Post
i been looking for sicilians in bmore county i have yet to find it.pizza george in the randallstown area has some good slices though
I'd def check out the thread I posted. matthew's in highlandtown (balt city) is often mentioned for good pizza. also iggie's in mt vernon (bmore). pasta mista in towson on dulaney valley rd was mentioned a little bit on that thread. there was a place called phat phug in perry hall which was the area's first coal fired pizza place but it closed or maybe it's still open but there are problems with the place. u can do a chowhound search if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland