Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,481 times

Advertisements

Check your heat pump. When BGE or their affiliates installed my Peak Rewards Thermostat, they did it incorrectly. My heat pump was not able to come on and it operated in Aux Heat the whole time my heat was on. Bills went from average of $200/month to over $600/month. It was fixedmid jan and the 1st full bill went from $619 to $285. Still fighting for refund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,116,250 times
Hey Ralph, how many times are you going to spam the same thread?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,266 times
Default Fed Up With Maryland. PERIOD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Ah, Maryland, my Maryland, land of my birth. Enjoy those power bills. The highest bill I received this year in North Carolina was $169.00 last winter. My current bill was $70.00. My water bill was $14.00. This was for a three bedroom home on an acre and a half of land (which cost me all of $65,000). Can't buy a parking spot to sleep in you car for that in wonderful Maryland. Enjoy!
I moved to Cary, NC a year ago from Maryland. I was also born and raised there. I'm sorry, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY I'd ever go back!!!!!!!! My highest Progress Energy bill was $210 in the winter. My average bill is $65 per month. I still pay BGE for my home in MD. Last bill...$1011.22!!!!!!! Come to find out, I was somehow on "Budget Billing" that was adding between $300 and $500 more to my actual bill!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though the balance was being paid (bill before last $715) I was still generating HUGE bills even with very low usage. Question is...WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS UBEREXPENSIVE PLAN??? Who does Budget Billing help besides BGE?!@#% I dunno, but I love my itty-bitty bills in NC!!!! I can imagine that there are some couples still together because they can't afford to leave!!!!! LOL

Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 AM

503 posts, read 809,156 times
I don't trust BGE's billing whatsoever.

We got a $210 bill in early March.

That may not sound like a lot to some, but we're a couple with no kids in a modest house and we have oil heat. We don't even have a TV.

The most expensive bill we've ever had in 9 years was $120 and that was in the middle of the heat spell a while back due to running the electricity.

I called BGE and they said that all they could do was order a meter check and would suspend the bill pending the results of the test.

Meanwhile, another $101 bill shows up, which I paid even though it was about $25 than i thought it should be given our usual winter time bills.

Then, last week, a $50 bill showed up. I happily paid that one because it was about $25 lower than usual.

None of the subsequent bills after the $210 bill show any balance due.

So....they screwed up but won't even give an explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland