Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 PM

65 posts, read 201,563 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm relocating (with a heavy heart, as I LOVE VA) from Arlington to Annapolis at the end of June/beginning of July. Does anyone have recommendations for apartments in the Annapolis area?

My price range is probably no greater than $1400/month although ideally I'd like to be $1200 or less. I'm a (fairly) single twentysomething guy, so walking distance to downtown would also be nice.

I've been doing a lot of research via craigslist, apartmentratings.com and rent.com but they all seem to point to the same few apartments. Many of them have awful reviews on apartmentratings.com, so I'm having a hard time trying to decide which ones I want to start calling. Any Realtor recommendations for rentals?

I'm particularly looking for newer apartments, although older ones that have been recently remodeled will also be acceptable. The only one I've found so far has been Stone Point, which looks nice from the website and has fairly decent reviews. I'll be visiting there on Sunday. Other than that I'm kind of unsure of where to look...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
Hi,

I was recently laid off from my job and am considering leaving the Boston (I live in Lexington just west of the city) area. A few weeks ago I drove to DC and stayed with a friend in Cleveland Park and decided that I am not a city living kind of girl. I did check out parts of northern, VA including Arlington. I found it busy, full of concrete and expensive; but I was mainly looking at places near Glebe Road (close to Metros). I am now considering Annapolis. I have visited before and like the idea of being able to go into DC for the nightlife, etc. but not have to put up with the trappings of city living. Did you move to Annapolis yet? And if so, did you find a decent place? I have heard that a lot of DC couples move there once they are married. Have you met other singles? Please fill me in on any of your thoughts and experiences. The idea of moving somewhere new is exciting and a bit overwhelming. Any information would be appreciated.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:02 AM

Leaving Boston? That sucks! (I'm a huge Sox fan Annapolis is great, although I do miss Arlington a lot. I've been here for about 4 weeks. I found a great one-bedroom apartment for a great price, out near the mall and about a mile and a half from where I'm working. Probably about 5 minutes from downtown Annapolis, which had a pretty decent nightlife and I think a lot of singles (more women than men, from the aggressiveness I've experienced!). Overall I'm pretty happy although it sucks that most of my friends as well as my girlfriend are in VA/DC, so I'm still going back there quite a bit.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:04 AM

10 posts, read 37,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksonknight View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm relocating (with a heavy heart, as I LOVE VA) from Arlington to Annapolis at the end of June/beginning of July. Does anyone have recommendations for apartments in the Annapolis area?

My price range is probably no greater than $1400/month although ideally I'd like to be $1200 or less. I'm a (fairly) single twentysomething guy, so walking distance to downtown would also be nice.

I've been doing a lot of research via craigslist, apartmentratings.com and rent.com but they all seem to point to the same few apartments. Many of them have awful reviews on apartmentratings.com, so I'm having a hard time trying to decide which ones I want to start calling. Any Realtor recommendations for rentals?

I'm particularly looking for newer apartments, although older ones that have been recently remodeled will also be acceptable. The only one I've found so far has been Stone Point, which looks nice from the website and has fairly decent reviews. I'll be visiting there on Sunday. Other than that I'm kind of unsure of where to look...
Stone Point apartments are nice but very small, I have a friend that lives in Annapolis Roads over near eastport. Probably the closest proximity wise for a managed community would be watergate apartments-old but on the water and nearr downtown/eastport. If you would rather live in the burbs try arnold-oakland hills apartments on the bay hills golf course 8-10 minute drive to downtown annapolis but much safer!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:26 AM

Stone Point is small? How so? Certainly the apartments aren't - I got a 900 sq. ft. one bedroom for $1200/mo - a steal for what I'm getting! I was told to stay away from Eastport due to crime...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: