Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 AM

687 posts, read 915,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post

To the OP's question: I think MD is relatively progressive, but certainly lags behind states that truly pushing forward...
Pushing "forward" with....what exactly?

That's the one thing liberals fail to mention. The "narrative" suggests that democrats/liberals are somehow "progressive" which makes the "other team" somehow "regressive". Funny how that works. It's all language manipulation. Fox News does it too. As a Libertarian minded person I don't kowtow to that Neocon crap.

And the party of "fairness" and "tolerance"? Fair and Tolerant of what exactly? Is it "fair" that I have to pay for someone else's mistakes, or for an able bodied person who doesn't want to work?

How tolerant are the MSNBC crowd of people who have religious beliefs? Islam is ok. Judaism is NEVER wrong (according to either party, because even while committing murder against their neighbors the Israeli Wehrmacht is not to be questioned), and Wiccanism seems to be tolerated....but Christianity? Not hardly. By the way I'm fairly agnostic, but if you watch CNN or especially MSNBC anyone can see the constant bashing of Christianity and Christians.

Does the MSNBC crowd understand that people in rural and suburban areas are not just interested in defending their home from criminals (who overwhelmingly seem to have rather "liberal" and "diverse" backgrounds), but also their farms/ranches from wild animals, and who may hunt at least in part to survive?

So what exactly are you "pushing forward" with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:29 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post

That's the one thing liberals fail to mention. The "narrative" suggests that democrats/liberals are somehow "progressive" which makes the "other team" somehow "regressive". Funny how that works. It's all language manipulation. Fox News does it too. As a Libertarian minded person I don't kowtow to that Neocon crap.

And the party of "fairness" and "tolerance"? Fair and Tolerant of what exactly? Is it "fair" that I have to pay for someone else's mistakes, or for an able bodied person who doesn't want to work?

How tolerant are the MSNBC crowd of people who have religious beliefs? Islam is ok. Judaism is NEVER wrong (according to either party, because even while committing murder against their neighbors the Israeli Wehrmacht is not to be questioned), and Wiccanism seems to be tolerated....but Christianity? Not hardly. By the way I'm fairly agnostic, but if you watch CNN or especially MSNBC anyone can see the constant bashing of Christianity and Christians.

Does the MSNBC crowd understand that people in rural and suburban areas are not just interested in defending their home from criminals (who overwhelmingly seem to have rather "liberal" and "diverse" backgrounds), but also their farms/ranches from wild animals, and who may hunt at least in part to survive?

...uh, okay. Hope it felt good to get all that off your chest!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:29 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Default Omalley?!

I am somewhat surprised that Omalley is not going to run for Barbs Senate seat (atleast that what he said yesterday... who knows what tomorrow will bring) I doubt he goes far in the Presidential Primary and Hillary, assuming she gets it for the Dems would not benefit from having him on the ticket when she likely needs a southerner to balance it out... So... I would have thought it would have been a Plan B for him unless he licked his finger and placed it in the political winds and feels that his time has passed based on the Brown defeat.....

Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I am somewhat surprised that Omalley is not going to run for Barbs Senate seat (atleast that what he said yesterday... who knows what tomorrow will bring) I doubt he goes far in the Presidential Primary and Hillary, assuming she gets it for the Dems would not benefit from having him on the ticket when she likely needs a southerner to balance it out... So... I would have thought it would have been a Plan B for him unless he licked his finger and placed it in the political winds and feels that his time has passed based on the Brown defeat.....
I think he probably just doesn't want Barb's job. Going from being a governor - where you wield a huge amount of influence, set the state's agenda, budget, etc. - to joining the clusterfudge that is the U.S. Congress, especially as the most junior guy on committees, likely sounds terrible to him.

I'd think he knows he doesn't have a shot at beating out Hillary or Biden, but 1. they might not run and 2. even if they do run, he might think he has a solid chance at VP or a cabinet-level position. Or, heck, maybe he just wants to sit out 2016 and jump in 2020 if the Democrats fail to keep the presidency and subsequently turn to a new face. Either way, I definitely believe him that he's not interested in joining Congress.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:39 AM

45,328 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
I think he probably just doesn't want Barb's job. Going from being a governor - where you wield a huge amount of influence, set the state's agenda, budget, etc. - to joining the clusterfudge that is the U.S. Congress, especially as the most junior guy on committees, likely sounds terrible to him.

I'd think he knows he doesn't have a shot at beating out Hillary or Biden, but 1. they might not run and 2. even if they do run, he might think he has a solid chance at VP or a cabinet-level position. Or, heck, maybe he just wants to sit out 2016 and jump in 2020 if the Democrats fail to keep the presidency and subsequently turn to a new face. Either way, I definitely believe him that he's not interested in joining Congress.
You nailed it. He's running for Vice President, not President. Not this time.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:59 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
*You make some interesting points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post

Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
I'm glad Barb is retiring!!! There should be term limits for serving. That is one major problem with Baltimore and Maryland electoral politics, these fools serve way too long. I feel 30+ plus years is way too long serve their constituency. No wonder some people are jaded with the current US political system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland