Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,331,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambralita View Post
1) This has quickly turned into a lurid, icky board.
2) How do you know the OP is male? Can not a female of a certain age want, nay need, some no-strings-attached amor?
3) Obviously, OP does not want long-term quality relationship but a flash in the pan. I know of no venues catering to this age-set specifically, but I don't see why he/she doesn't just hit a regular old bar and go from there.
Got a paypal account? I will bet you $100 it is a male.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Default I am being silly ... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
That is actually pretty good advice.
You think he will get a night of passion (see initial post) with a nun?

They got "none" for years and years so you think they might be ripe for the picking?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
2) How do you know the OP is male? Can not a female of a certain age want, nay need, some no-strings-attached amor?
3) Obviously, OP does not want long-term quality relationship but a flash in the pan. I know of no venues catering to this age-set specifically, but I don't see why he/she doesn't just hit a regular old bar and go from there.
He wants something that is more of a sure thing. There have always been certain bars/clubs known for loose people (I will be PC here just for you and admit there are plenty of loose men to match the loose women) ...

Old 10-05-2009, 05:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:
1) It started out as a lurid, icky thread; some of us just cut through the nonsense as opposed to dancing around the obvious.
2) I know the OP is a male based upon an older post of his:
Where to relocate upstate ?
Views: 1,042
Posted By x2or3
Where to relocate upstate ?

Hi all. I'm in my late 50's, retired and now a single man. The city has been my home but I want to begin to grow roots in a more peaceful place. I've always dreamed of having a couple of acres...

3) I agree about hitting the bars, but there are a lot of watering holes out there -- he might be looking for deer and wants to avoid bison.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM

734 posts, read 1,637,783 times
Being in the "over 50 crowd", I have to say that after a full day of work, cleaning and cooking when I get home, a hot shower and taking care of the various pets, the yard, etc. I no longer have the energy to go out. Are there really people in my age bracket that act like they are 20?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:08 PM

27 posts, read 117,514 times
Moderator cut: comment Get your minds out of the gutter. I posted this question to find out if there were places where older people might get together to socialize and make friends.. dance to oldies and have a few laughs. Places where younger people don't go.
I'm not looking for a one night stand.
Moderator cut: comment

Last edited by Keeper; 10-09-2009 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: please report them..

Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,749,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2or3 View Post
Middle Aged, single, divorced or unattached on Long Island. Can anyone suggest their favorite places for the late 45+ and over 50 crowd. I'm not referring to restaurants and bowling leagues but nightlife, bars, small venue clubs, Clubs... places to meet, have a laugh, dance a little, maybe a night of passion.
...maybe a night of passion.

Your words, not ours.
Was it your intention to imply Bible studies or S-E-X?

If you wanted nothing more but to socialize, dance to oldies and have a few laughs, why post 'maybe a night of passion'?

Face it: you damned the thread from your very first post. Don't go calling names when you have no one to blame for the direction the thread took but your own self/semantics.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,399,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
...maybe a night of passion.

Your words, not ours.
Was it your intention to imply Bible studies or S-E-X?

If you wanted nothing more but to socialize, dance to oldies and have a few laughs, why post 'maybe a night of passion'?

Face it: you damned the thread from your very first post. Don't go calling names when you have no one to blame for the direction the thread took but your own self/semantics.
Single people have needs too! Plus I imagine being middle-age and single has to be hard for him. Come on, I'm 27 and all my friends are married...it's hard and depressing even for me!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM

200 posts, read 619,343 times
Because someone says that their interested in a night of passion, does that mean all their interested in is sex! All I can say is there must be a bunch of young dumb kids on this board.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:21 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,404,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Well thanks for the work ethic comment. The problem is I wont just settle for anyone. I'm probably very picky but at the same time I don't think what I am asking for is unreasonable. Essentially I want someone comparable to me.

Don't give up hope! I just attended a wedding this weekend of a friend of mine who's pushing 40 and up until 2 years ago had given up on ever finding someone. Then she met the love of her life and the were wed this weekend. She was adamant she wouldn't find someone for so many years that I think she made that come true. Once she stopped saying that all the time and just made the most of life, love came to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: