Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 AM

123 posts, read 580,093 times

Advertisements

Theres a house on my block which has been for sale for many months.
There was a For Sale sign up but now its down.
I heard from the tentant who lives there (the house is a rental)
that she received a letter saying the house was in foreclosure and than someone else told me it was being Acution off.

I know someone who is a REA and she told me its not in foreclousure
and the listing ended. How can I find out if its in foreclousure or Acution and how much.
I wont ask the REA I know because she asked me to get her the owners name so she could list it for him and I wont do that for her (dont like her much to do that favor)

But I just wanna know is there a web site or something I can go on and look up the info?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
lxl

74 posts, read 412,075 times
You can try this one - Foreclosures Real Estate Foreclosure Listings and Homes at RealtyTrac

Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
Most foreclosure web sites charge a fee. If you really want to check out a particular property, take a couple of hours and head to the Suffolk County Clerk's office in Riverhead. You will want to see if any "Lis Penden" has been filed against the property. This is a public notice that is recorded in order to put people on notice that a foreclosure action is about to begin. While you're there, you can look up their mortgage to see who the lender is and how much they owe.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:00 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Wow! You really know your stuff, Tom! Lis Penden. What does that mean exactly?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-24-2008, 02:57 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,661 times
Lis Penden: Latin for "a suit pending." The term may refer to any pending lawsuit. (2) A written notice that a lawsuit has been filed concerning real estate, involving either the title to the property or a claimed ownership interest in it. The notice is usually filed in the county land records office. Recording a lis pendens against a piece of property alerts a potential purchaser or lender that the property’s title is in question, which makes the property less attractive to a buyer or lender. After the notice is filed, anyone who nevertheless purchases the land or property described in the notice takes subject to the ultimate decision of the lawsuit.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 181,014 times
Good morning, I'm trying to find out the same information myself. :-) I'll try a google search & see if that turns up anything & if it does I'll let you know.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM

748 posts, read 2,887,208 times
Since Westbury is in Nassau county, shouldn't that be Nassau county clerk's office in Mineola?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
Since Westbury is in Nassau county, shouldn't that be Nassau county clerk's office in Mineola?

Yes, you're correct - that would be in Mineola

BTW, the proper term is "lis pendens" (sorry, Tom)

Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 171,785 times
I live in Los Angeles, how can i find out if the house that i am renting is in foreclosure?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniee View Post
I live in Los Angeles, how can i find out if the house that i am renting is in foreclosure?

Ask a local Realtor to check Public Records for you or go to your County Courthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island