Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 07:06 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post

... our elites ...

Always blaming "them" and playing the victim... so sad to watch.

The funniest part may your list of things that look like a copy/paste from social media... I mean taking the time to write all that ridiculousness? That would be way too sad to be true.

I bet your favorites include those "be ready" sites... lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2023, 11:36 AM

427 posts, read 153,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Always blaming "them" and playing the victim... so sad to watch.

The funniest part may your list of things that look like a copy/paste from social media... I mean taking the time to write all that ridiculousness? That would be way too sad to be true.

I bet your favorites include those "be ready" sites... lol
For some of us it really isn't difficult to put coherent thoughts together. You must be the other guy.

Old 10-16-2023, 05:38 PM

186 posts, read 67,464 times
Quote:
For some of us it really isn't difficult to put coherent thoughts together. You must be the other guy.
Quote:
Step 1: Declare a state of martial law along the border and other areas of entry and deploy the military to guard it (first useful thing they've done since WW2).

Step 2: Arrest and publicly execute big employers of illegal labor. Send a message that we will no longer tolerate this lawlessness. If a few burgers don't get flipped or a few lawns don't get mowed, too bad. Pay higher wages to attract the many unemployed Americans we have that used to do these jobs. This may require cutting social welfare benefits to incentivize the lazy to get a job.

Step 3: Shut down and freeze funds of all NGOs assisting in this invasion - that includes the "religious" ones. Arrest the leaders for treason.

Step 4: Round up the pro-invasion politicians and deep state political operatives of every type, regardless of party affiliation, and thrown them in Gitmo. This includes "path to citizenship" type Chamber of Commerce GOP scum as well as crazy shrieking Communist bluehairs. It will likely also have to expand to round up certain members of the media who will seek to oppose these operations via their vile propaganda. Oh well, have to break a few eggs.

Step 5: Now we get down to business deporting people back to their country of origin. I don't care how much it costs, or what's going to happen to them when they get back, or really any other excuse, we just threw $100B in a hole in Ukraine, the same amount into a hole in Afghanistan, and untold trillions bailing Wall Street out of a crisis of its own making. This is something that will actually benefit Americans for a change.

None of this would have been necessary if our elites weren't treasonous scum, but here we are. We can do it this way, or we can rapidly decline to savagery, but the time to make tough decisions is now.
Yeah ok.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:04 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
"Coherent", you mean just like your letters addressed to the North Pole... living in a fantasy where you take even 2 seconds to write out a fantasy list that would never ever happen... it's the type of behavior that can only exist in an echo chamber that you have created for yourself.

Like I said, most likely a copy/paste from your "be ready" web sites.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:02 PM

I didn't say it was going to happen. This conversation started because you accused some of us of supporting mowing down illegal families at the border with machine guns, and that isn't at all what we had in mind. I said what I'd actually support doing, and now you've moved the goalposts to say it isn't realistic. That's probably correct, but it's nevertheless what needs to be done to pull us out of this mess.

I could have said we just need a nice peaceful national divorce, but I have no faith that the left would permit this to happen without civil war. The left believes itself to be righteous, and that the right is evil - not wrong, but EVIL - and they can't just let those EVIL people get away with it. The Bolsheviks didn't just leave the kulaks alone to live in peace on their farms.

I've never been to a "be ready" website. Not a fan of preppers or doomsday cultists. Real preparedness isn't stockpiling buckets of food and ammo, but making friends with your neighbors, identifying those around you who are like minded and banding together when things get rough. Think Korean shop owners in LA during the Rodney King riots, not some scared Fox-watching boomer whose house will get looted the moment things go south.

Old 10-17-2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
This conversation started because you accused some of us of supporting mowing down illegal families at the border with machine guns, and that isn't at all what we had in mind.
Yeah ok. Here is the conversation again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
They are not illegal immigrants. They are invaders and should be dealt with the way all invaders have been handled throughout history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Why don't you advocate for shooting democrats in plain sight too while you're at it?
Quote:
Bro this isn't the 1980s, there's no room for centrist nonsense. We're literally being invaded.
Pretty clear what the implication is there.

Quote:
I could have said we just need a nice peaceful national divorce, but I have no faith that the left would permit this to happen without civil war. The left believes itself to be righteous, and that the right is evil - not wrong, but EVIL - and they can't just let those EVIL people get away with it. The Bolsheviks didn't just leave the kulaks alone to live in peace on their farms.
It's hilarious you think that of the left but not the right. The right also believes itself to be righteous and that the left is evil as well. Every democrat is literally "destroying the country" according to the right and just about every member of this forum. Hell you even advocated for throwing leftists into gitmo a couple of posts ago. The media on both sides tries to scare people about what the other side is doing, using hyperbolic language at every opportunity to whip people into a frenzy and turn against each other.

Quote:
I've never been to a "be ready" website. Not a fan of preppers or doomsday cultists. Real preparedness isn't stockpiling buckets of food and ammo, but making friends with your neighbors, identifying those around you who are like minded and banding together when things get rough. Think Korean shop owners in LA during the Rodney King riots, not some scared Fox-watching boomer whose house will get looted the moment things go south.
And yet you are going on and on of some coming "civil war" that will never happen and went on a tirade that we need to declare martial law at the border and send in the military, publicly execute employers, and throw political opponents and members of the media into gitmo. Not sure if you actually believe any of that tripe or you're just trying to be edgy but not even Trump would probably go that far. The reason nobody is suggesting any of this is because it's not only poorly conceived and unnecessary, it's also b@t$hit insane.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:09 AM

Everything I suggested (none of which included shooting children at the border) are things that can, should be, and have been done in times of invasion or war, several times in American history. They are presently being done in other parts of the world that face similar issues. The issue isn't the response, it's that you don't think the present situation justifies that level of response. And I hope you're right. But you're not.

Old 10-18-2023, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Everything I suggested (none of which included shooting children at the border) are things that can, should be, and have been done in times of invasion or war, several times in American history. They are presently being done in other parts of the world that face similar issues. The issue isn't the response, it's that you don't think the present situation justifies that level of response. And I hope you're right. But you're not.
Unarmed illegal immigrants crossing the border is not an invasion or act of war and does not justify that kind of a response. Period. There are many ways we can secure the border and tackle illegal immigration without taking such draconian measures. I mean there is quite literally nobody on the right suggesting we need to go that far. It's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Makes zero sense. Just curious - would you consider the Trump administration's border policy a failure for not going far enough?

Old 10-18-2023, 03:52 PM

87 posts, read 25,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Unarmed illegal immigrants crossing the border is not an invasion or act of war and does not justify that kind of a response. Period.
For centuries, men crossing borders with weapons was unnecessary to take over a country. They should have just walked over the border without weapons and seeked asylum to conquer it instead. Cablegeek is a genius, folks. I think he literally just solved the world’s problems with his superior logic and intellect.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLucian View Post
For centuries, men crossing borders with weapons was unnecessary to take over a country. They should have just walked over the border without weapons and seeked asylum to conquer it instead. Cablegeek is a genius, folks. I think he literally just solved the world’s problems with his superior logic and intellect.
Because they are not "conquerors" or "invaders" that is just hyperbolic hysteria for a bunch of edgelords on here who want to start a civil war over every little problem they have with society. It's an irrational and immature response that doesn't have much thought behind it.

We don't have the resources to let all of these people in, and lax border policy and "sanctuary states" give them plenty of incentive to come over. That needs to change by ramping up enforcement and deportations, securing the border, and going after companies that hire illegal labor. It does not warrant martial law or suspension of habeas corpus and the first amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island