Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 06:26 PM

11,640 posts, read 12,712,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
I like Pastrami King in Merrick but fairly expensive..
Pastrami King closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 07:33 PM

1,306 posts, read 652,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Pastrami King closed.
Oh Noooooo!

Old 08-17-2023, 06:27 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
I was all set to check out Tennessee Jed's in Lindenhurst only to find out it appears to be permanently closed. There's a newly opened place on 109 in West Babylon called Bitterman's BBQ I plan on trying out, the place seems to be getting stellar reviews.

Old 08-18-2023, 04:26 AM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
I was all set to check out Tennessee Jed's in Lindenhurst only to find out it appears to be permanently closed. There's a newly opened place on 109 in West Babylon called Bitterman's BBQ I plan on trying out, the place seems to be getting stellar reviews.
Thanks. I’ll have to check it out.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:39 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Tennessee Jeds closed? Wow I was there like 6 months ago. It was good BBQ

Old 08-22-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Tennessee Jeds closed? Wow I was there like 6 months ago. It was good BBQ
Well at least according to a Google search (there's a red "permanently closed" bar for Google, and apparently Yelp says it's closed too). But I think they did move to Lindenhurst from another location, so maybe their talking about the old location? Says Lindenhurst, however.

I'm hoping to try Bitterman's this week, will report back if I do...

Old 08-23-2023, 09:27 AM

216 posts, read 446,155 times
Tennessee Jeds in Lindenhurst is permanently closed and being renovated into a wine bar.

Old 08-25-2023, 07:03 AM

Bitterman's Excellent....

The reviews are spot on. Owner super friendly, was greeted with a VERY generous sample of BBQ beans on entry, delicious. I like that you can see the whole kitchen and prep operation past the counter, they were pulling a huge slab of meat out of one of the smokers when I was there.

They keep the menu simple with just St. Louis and Baby Back Ribs along with chopped/shredded Carolina Pork and four sides to choose from. I had the Jubilee Platter with the St. Louis Ribs and Carolina Pork with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Beans as sides. Note that the Jubilee Platters have very generous portions and unless you have a huge appetite could easily be enough for two or one person could split into two meals.

The best BBQ sandwich I ever had was the "Woody" at Woody's BBQ in Chincoteague Virginia. I will likely order the Carolina Pork on Roll next time at Bitterman's next visit to compare, but from what I have experienced so far, it may likely equal it (might be impossible to exceed it).

Old 08-25-2023, 10:46 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Bitterman's Excellent....

The reviews are spot on. Owner super friendly, was greeted with a VERY generous sample of BBQ beans on entry, delicious. I like that you can see the whole kitchen and prep operation past the counter, they were pulling a huge slab of meat out of one of the smokers when I was there.

They keep the menu simple with just St. Louis and Baby Back Ribs along with chopped/shredded Carolina Pork and four sides to choose from. I had the Jubilee Platter with the St. Louis Ribs and Carolina Pork with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Beans as sides. Note that the Jubilee Platters have very generous portions and unless you have a huge appetite could easily be enough for two or one person could split into two meals.

The best BBQ sandwich I ever had was the "Woody" at Woody's BBQ in Chincoteague Virginia. I will likely order the Carolina Pork on Roll next time at Bitterman's next visit to compare, but from what I have experienced so far, it may likely equal it (might be impossible to exceed it).
I was in Chattanooga TN 2 weeks ago for vacation and I had Pulled pork from Chatts smoke house.
everything was delicious. No a fancy place more of a dive. My husband had the rib plate and he said the ribs were the best he had. The BBQ sauce was more savory/tangy than sweet. A little too much sauce on the pork but otherwise a good choice. The whole meal plus 2 sides each was like 40 bucks. we had some sweet tea too but I did not care for it.

Old 08-26-2023, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I was in Chattanooga TN 2 weeks ago for vacation and I had Pulled pork from Chatts smoke house.
everything was delicious. No a fancy place more of a dive. My husband had the rib plate and he said the ribs were the best he had. The BBQ sauce was more savory/tangy than sweet. A little too much sauce on the pork but otherwise a good choice. The whole meal plus 2 sides each was like 40 bucks. we had some sweet tea too but I did not care for it.
Indeed! Barbecue seems to be a good bargain in the food service/restaurant realm. Bitterman's gives a generous cash discount, my meal came to $21.00 even, and again, could easily have made two meals out of it. The right beverage can enhance or detract from the experience, one of the reasons I likely enjoyed that Virginia BBQ so much was that I ordered a freshly made peach lemonade with it. I stored both flavor experiences in my gastronomic memory bank and revisit them on occasion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island