Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 03:43 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
not just lexus. Lot of luxury cars incl caddy, lexus, bmw etc have apps that can lock your car, remote start, roll your windows up and down, and track your car. you can even call a concierge to help your navigation….think GM calls their onstar back in the days

think tesla have a software to unlock more horsepower
Correct it’s called telematics, been around for years. Yes Tesla charges for full autopilot or a performance increase on some models. You can also rent full auto pilot as a subscription. It’s still called on star for GM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 04:33 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
not just lexus. Lot of luxury cars incl caddy, lexus, bmw etc have apps that can lock your car, remote start, roll your windows up and down, and track your car. you can even call a concierge to help your navigation….think GM calls their onstar back in the days

think tesla have a software to unlock more horsepower
Haha I know!! I paid $3500 extra for the performance model of my Tesla. You can pay 2k to unlock extra power on a Tesla. It’s kind of dumb as for a few bucks more you get a better suspension, nicer wheels, spoiler, track mode etc. I just despise the whole subscription model. I personally pay the $10 a month when I take a long road trip for the music and tracking.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Haha I know!! I paid $3500 extra for the performance model of my Tesla. You can pay 2k to unlock extra power on a Tesla. It’s kind of dumb as for a few bucks more you get a better suspension, nicer wheels, spoiler, track mode etc. I just despise the whole subscription model. I personally pay the $10 a month when I take a long road trip for the music and tracking.
I did the full self driving for a month subscription on mine to try it out. Neat but worth 10k…..lol not even close.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:15 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I did the full self driving for a month subscription on mine to try it out. Neat but worth 10k…..lol not even close.
It’s 15k now! I haven’t tried it. The thing is so damn fun to drive I don’t want it driving itself. It’s rumored they are going to give all cars a free month to of FSD to collect data and improve it. I find the standard version works amazing on the highway. I had it on for 3 hours straight going upstate.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
It’s 15k now! I haven’t tried it. The thing is so damn fun to drive I don’t want it driving itself. It’s rumored they are going to give all cars a free month to of FSD to collect data and improve it. I find the standard version works amazing on the highway. I had it on for 3 hours straight going upstate.
Yep it works well although can be prone to phantom breaking though since they ditched radar for camera only (supposedly bringing it back now)

Old 05-16-2023, 04:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
Town of Hempstead passed a law where gas stations have to provide free air. Although there is a price, you can press the eject coin 3-5 times, press a button on the side to activate it or ask the cashier to turn it on.

I've done this several times in the past 2 years ago. But I use Costco air which has extra nitrogen for free.

This has since been repealed. The Town was sued over the law because it forced merchants to provide a product for free. Many stations still do offer air or have the overrides in place if people know how to use or ask for it, but they're no longer required to provide free air in most cases.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:44 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Bread baskets. if you want a bread basket at a restaurant they charge for it now. Not sure if Diners do this but Tellers Chop House in Islip used to give you a bread basket and butter before the meal. now if you want it you have to pay.

Old 05-17-2023, 08:50 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
And if you murder your family it can track where you were and blow your alibi (Murdaugh case obsession).
But they will have to pay for that info!!!!

Old 05-17-2023, 09:03 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
And if you murder your family it can track where you were and blow your alibi (Murdaugh case obsession).
But they will have to pay for that info!!!!

Old 05-17-2023, 02:35 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Driver:"Alexa, turn on the heated seats"....
Alexa:"I'm sorry you cheap bastard, but you let your subscription lapse"...
Driver:"Oh for Pete's sake, can't you bypass the program and activate them anyway?"....
Alexa:"No, but you can ask your wife if you can borrow her car, SHE didn't let HER subscription lapse"...
Driver:" How about I de-program or disconnect you so I don't have to listen to this"....
Alexa:"I equipped drivers side seat with the same ejection technology James Bond had in his 1963 Aston Martin DB5, how about I activate THAT. Maybe you'll land in the grocery store and not forget the quart of milk you said you'd pick up"....
Driver:........

You forgot to add that Alexa will say "and I already charged your credit card for this correspondence."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island