Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 05:13 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times

Advertisements

Simply being poor from a poor country does not give anyone a right to come to our country. We only take asylum seekers. But since all of these people are being told what to say, they are all asylum seekers. BS. I think maybe 5% of asylum seekers would be let through if we did things correctly. No one has the right to simply walk in, inverted, and then to give all of the real citizens a big kick in the ass, be allowed to accept money. That is beyond insane. Go try that in any other country on the world. If you didn’t get shot by breaking in, you would be imprisoned and deported. That is how it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2023, 05:15 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
This is going to sound simplistic but ....Why didn't/don't we insist that Mexico guarda its' own border and attach trade restrictions or sanctions to it so it has some teeth. I would think that would at least have to somewhat minimize the problems.
That was already done by Trump. He that their military watching them and holding them on their side. But good old jackass Joe had to be a spiteful baby and undo the many great policies that President Trump put in place in our country’s best interest.

Old 05-28-2023, 09:13 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,157,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Simply being poor from a poor country does not give anyone a right to come to our country. We only take asylum seekers. But since all of these people are being told what to say, they are all asylum seekers. BS. I think maybe 5% of asylum seekers would be let through if we did things correctly. No one has the right to simply walk in, inverted, and then to give all of the real citizens a big kick in the ass, be allowed to accept money. That is beyond insane. Go try that in any other country on the world. If you didn’t get shot by breaking in, you would be imprisoned and deported. That is how it should be.
Quote:
That was already done by Trump. He had their military watching them and holding them on their side. But good old jackass Joe had to be a spiteful baby and undo the many great policies that President Trump put in place in our country’s best interest.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:32 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,277,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Well cant really blame local republicans as there is very little they can do about immigration issues. The national GOP however I agree is just about every bit as culpable for this mess as the left is.

Your average illegal isn't living in a purchased home paying 12k in property taxes and a mortgage, they are living in poor enclaves in subdivided basements and homes sometimes 15-20 to a house.
I agree to a point. The local gov't shouldn't have made it so easy for them to loiter, waiting to be picked up. They knew what was going on was illegal and didn't stop it. I even remember a discussion about building them a place where they could wait for the landscapers to pick them up.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I had NEWSMAX on and they interviewed a young man waiting to enter our country. His appearance did not shout "I am poor and am in fear of my life" I saw a young person that was able to afford to get his hair cut in a stylish way and colored. He is coming to this country to become a lawyer. First he has to learn how to speak English. Someone that has a good head on his shoulders like that kid should be required to serve our country before the taxpayers fund his college education.

Old 05-29-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
That was already done by Trump. He that their military watching them and holding them on their side. But good old jackass Joe had to be a spiteful baby and undo the many great policies that President Trump put in place in our country’s best interest.
Greedy Biden and his buddies are getting richer off this. There is no way the cartels are the only group profiting off this open border scam. Biden would never allow his pockets to not be filled by every country allowing their people to come across, especially the Chinese. That should worry everyone that so many Chinese "migrants" are entering the southern border.

I also heard that the Mexican prisons and mental institutions are empty because Mexico is saving so much money sending them to us.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:09 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,157,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Greedy Biden and his buddies are getting richer off this. There is no way the cartels are the only group profiting off this open border scam. Biden would never allow his pockets to not be filled by every country allowing their people to come across, especially the Chinese. That should worry everyone that so many Chinese "migrants" are entering the southern border.

I also heard that the Mexican prisons and mental institutions are empty because Mexico is saving so much money sending them to us.
I agree.........

Old 05-30-2023, 07:42 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:

You mean they're not sending their best?

Old 05-30-2023, 02:38 PM

544 posts, read 940,920 times
Quote:

Shades of the Mariel Boatlift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island