Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 07:21 AM

913 posts, read 886,523 times

Advertisements

There are 3 distinct areas of GCP.

The part that falls east of Nassau Blvd. and goes to Mineola schools has smaller lots, has historically been a little run down and has less expensive houses.

The part north of Jericho Tpke. and slotted for Herricks schools sell for a premium and have well kept homes.

The part west of Nassau Blvd., north and south of Jericho Tpke, that is slotted for GCP-NHP schools is virtually indistinguishable from NHP. Same home types, lots sizes and prices for homes.

The exception would be the area by the junk yard/factories which I would imagine being next to them lowers the sales price of those homes. But the same can be said for the areas of NHP by the factories on Denton ave. Industrial business next to residential homes is usually less desirable anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 08:25 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Is the boldest section still the case? I ask because of this data of a block group in the community from 2010: Census Block Group 303201-3 in Nassau County, New York

Just to give context as to why I even pulled this up is because this 1985 HS Football game between Cold Spring Harbor/Mineola popped up while watching something on YouTube and I noticed that Mineola, the school district that block group is in, had a couple of black players in the team:
When I first read this I thought you were suggesting Cold Spring Harbor had a couple of black football players back in 1985. What on earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island