Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 01:20 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Stop being obtuse... it's very easy to find your confirmation bias via any of the major social media platforms... your problem is you have to own the likes of Alex Jones and that ilk when you complain about "conservative voices being censored"... all of them very easily get their voices out for your own echo chamber... the "right controlled" platforms are utter $#@! holes where INCELs find confirmation for their hatred.

I can't stand victims, it's pathetic to watch... and that's all this whining is about "leftist control", "unfair", "stolen", etc... always playing the victim... almost as bad is your cancel culture approach to everything you don't like... whether it's Nike, Bud Light, or MSM... you just want it canceled... it's like watching a monkey on a football, mimicking what you're told to think, how you're being victimized... you're as bad as "the left", always parroting some conspiracy that is robbing you of your preferred way of life... lamenting how it "used to be".... so sad.

Until "the right" stops blaming some phantom "deep state" and stops playing the victim, you will not get any respect from the MIDDLE, where us sane people reside.
Lol the MIDDLE?? What’s the middle anymore? Now who’s delusional and living in the past. Also hilarious as everything you listed above is regularly committed by the left far more commonly. And Alex jones ? Where did you dig him up? What is this 2012? And he loathes the right and has routinely bashed it as just as bad as the has the left in the past, he’s on his own planet.

“I can’t stand victims” the left wrote the book on victimhood, their entire philosophy and way of life is victimhood. Racial Grievance, Class grievance, sexual identity grievance. Victim! victim! victim! Are you kidding me? Seriously? Stop pretending you are some unbiased middle of the road relic from 1985 and just admit what you are.

Last edited by peconic117; 08-25-2023 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 02:17 PM

1,261 posts, read 559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Santos won because Democratic turnout sucked, no one did their homework on Santos (including Zimmerman's campaign) and Zeldin did really well on Long Island in his run for Governor that Santos was able to ride his coattails.

I still think this is the reason Zeldin ran in the first place. I don't think State Republicans believed he would win, but he would galvanize fundraising and motivate some people to come to the polls and affect down-ballot races.

In the House, Santos votes party line in a slim majority. There's no reason for the party to push him out at the moment, no matter what they say in public. Most likely scenario is just backing someone else in 2024. I feel that if anyone better were available or interested, then that person would have been run in 2022 anyway. For now, a Special Election may be too unpredictable or seen as a waste of valuable campaign funding for 2024.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:14 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol the MIDDLE?? What’s the middle anymore? Now who’s delusional and living in the past. Also hilarious as everything you listed above is regularly committed by the left far more commonly. And Alex jones ? Where did you dig him up? What is this 2012? And he loathes the right and has routinely bashed it as just as bad as the has the left in the past, he’s on his own planet.

“I can’t stand victims” the left wrote the book on victimhood, their entire philosophy and way of life is victimhood. Racial Grievance, Class grievance, sexual identity grievance. Victim! victim! victim! Are you kidding me? Seriously? Stop pretending you are some unbiased middle of the road relic from 1985 and just admit what you are.
Clearly missing the obvious here, but like with everything else you live in your echo chamber... I can't stand the left victimhood, woke clueless, cancel culture, and their ilk... they are victims just like you and it is just as pathetic... you've been programmed so much from playing the victim yourself that you think the left does it "far more commonly", so your victimhood is somehow OK... ... newsflash: you're just as bad.

Everyone who doesn't blindly support every radical R and blindly take all stances tied to that is "the left"... even RINOs are "the left" in your bizarro world... "the left" is literally anyone with the smallest or slightest progressive thought in their head... in your world, there's not one single political stance on any issue that would allow you to consider compromise... your candidates could be crooks and murderers, but that's fine, "anything is better than a D"... and because you can't see what I'm saying I will once again remind you that this includes the flip side who do the same thing... YOU ARE JUST AS BAD

P.S. I can't believe you freely admit to knowing specifics about Alex Jones... that he "routinely bashed" the right as much as the left? I wouldn't know, I just know that he's pure evil and targeted small minds to enrich himself... I know that he was involved in the insurrection and is on your side... that is the relevance to now, you forget this and pretend he went away in 2012... try as much to pretend that, my point is that he is exactly what you get from "right controlled media"... which is why I "dug him up".

Old 08-28-2023, 08:21 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Stop being obtuse... it's very easy to find your confirmation bias via any of the major social media platforms... your problem is you have to own the likes of Alex Jones and that ilk when you complain about "conservative voices being censored"... all of them very easily get their voices out for your own echo chamber... the "right controlled" platforms are utter where INCELs find confirmation for their hatred.

I can't stand victims, it's pathetic to watch... and that's all this whining is about "leftist control", "unfair", "stolen", etc... always playing the victim... almost as bad is your cancel culture approach to everything you don't like... whether it's Nike, Bud Light, or MSM... you just want it canceled... it's like watching a monkey on a football, mimicking what you're told to think, how you're being victimized... you're as bad as "the left", always parroting some conspiracy that is robbing you of your preferred way of life... lamenting how it "used to be".... so sad.

Until "the right" stops blaming some phantom "deep state" and stops playing the victim, you will not get any respect from the MIDDLE, where us sane people reside.
Way to not face the fact that the media swings left and it's reach is 10x that of the right.
Don't know what any of this has to do with a "deep state". It can all be looked up with simple google searches of monthly users and subscriber data.

One of the main cognitive problems with the left is they don't understand scale. Take Alex Jones, go look up how many subscribers he had on YouTube and the most viewed video. His numbers aren't in the same ballpark as The Young Turks who are just as out to lunch as AJ was.

Who invented "cancel culture"? You reference a few consumer responses to extreme corporate behavior but what of the dozens of academics who have lost their jobs due to the left's cancel culture. Those firings are far more important than beer or sports wear.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-29-2023 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-28-2023, 12:34 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Way to not face the fact that the media swings left and it's reach is 10x that of the right.
Don't know what any of this has to do with a "deep state". It can all be looked up with simple google searches of monthly users and subscriber data.

One of the main cognitive problems with the left is they don't understand scale. Take Alex Jones, go look up how many subscribers he had on YouTube and the most viewed video. His numbers aren't in the same ballpark as The Young Turks who are just as out to lunch as AJ was.

Who invented "cancel culture"? You reference a few consumer responses to extreme corporate behavior but what of the dozens of academics who have lost their jobs due to the left's cancel culture. Those firings are far more important than beer or sports wear.
Mikey kid pretends he's part of the squishy middle (which really doesn't really exist anymore) but he routinely defends the left/progs its beyond obvious where he leans and he should just admit it. Instead he trots out the "YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS THEY ARE!!! I'M ABOVE IT ALL!!" false equivalency nonsense as a defense mechanism as he always has in the past.

And again LOL to him for bringing up relic nut Alex Jones (who has almost no influence or reach anymore whatsoever), then laughably claiming he doesn't know anything about him.

Old 08-29-2023, 10:02 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Even though I agree with a lot of what is being said here , please try to be courteous to
each other . You may attack the post that you do not agree with , but not the person who wrote it.

And, even ("cleverly") disguised obscene language is not accepted on CD.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-29-2023, 11:31 AM

427 posts, read 153,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
I still think this is the reason Zeldin ran in the first place. I don't think State Republicans believed he would win, but he would galvanize fundraising and motivate some people to come to the polls and affect down-ballot races.

In the House, Santos votes party line in a slim majority. There's no reason for the party to push him out at the moment, no matter what they say in public. Most likely scenario is just backing someone else in 2024. I feel that if anyone better were available or interested, then that person would have been run in 2022 anyway. For now, a Special Election may be too unpredictable or seen as a waste of valuable campaign funding for 2024.
Zeldin had a good shot at winning. He came pretty close - something like 800k votes short. Coincidentally, that's about the number of people who left New York for Florida since 2020, most of whom were not exactly Hochul voters. NY, CA, IL, WA, OR, etc. have been driving right-leaning folks out of their states for years now, while importing hoards of new leftist voters (or future voters). It's basically a political re-alignment, and eventually is going to lead to some sort of civil war.

Old 08-31-2023, 10:31 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post

Not sure why you keep ignoring what I say and debating what you "think I mean"... as I stated earlier, the problem is not "the media" (typically known to your ilk as "MSM")... the problem is SOCIAL media and all the platforms that encompasses... while you keep pretending that CNN is the root of the problem, I keep trying to tell you that nobody watches CNN or MSNBC... Rachel Maddow's ratings? Can we get real here? You are simply tilting windmills with the "left leaning" because you've been fed so much data and information to "prove it", all the while not even stopping to think where you get all that information? You even say yourself "simple google searches", showing how easy it is to make a social media post and get that thought into the echo chamber of the right... I mean wow, do I really need to draw you a picture? How do you not see this?

Scale? Really? is that your defense of this? Is this more of your "simple google searches" to come to this conclusion? Like with all those self proclaimed on "the right", you grab onto a bone and won't let it go... Alex Jones was just an example of someone who is out of his mind and shapes a narrative for the right... he made the lives of the sandy hook parents a living hell... trying telling those parents that he barely has any subscribers... I don't know why I bother... just keep thinking whatever you don't agree with is from a "left leaning" media outlet and you get to ignore it as "fake news"... you know better because of your "simple google searches".

Let me try again... ANYONE who contributes to cancel culture is pathetic... but you're arguing with me on this because you're justified to cancel a beer because someone else invented the concept and got someone fired? How does that make any sense when the goal was to put Bud Light out of business? It's like arguing with a 7 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Mikey kid pretends he's part of the squishy middle (which really doesn't really exist anymore) but he routinely defends the left/progs its beyond obvious where he leans and he should just admit it. Instead he trots out the "YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS THEY ARE!!! I'M ABOVE IT ALL!!" false equivalency nonsense as a defense mechanism as he always has in the past.

And again LOL to him for bringing up relic nut Alex Jones (who has almost no influence or reach anymore whatsoever), then laughably claiming he doesn't know anything about him.
I've never defended the left... ever... that's your echo chamber in action... you actually believe that I did because you are so conditioned that anyone who doesn't blindly follow the far right, questions the right, or the worst criticizes the right is "defending the left"... that's how bad it has gotten with you... you actually believe something that was never true to be a fact... think about that.

Alex Jones is the perfect example of what you get from "right leaning" media... a charlatan preying on small minds to enrich himself... LOL all you want, but you know it to be true.

Old 08-31-2023, 12:23 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Not sure why you keep ignoring what I say and debating what you "think I mean"...
What you say gets ignored because the pertinent point is masked by streams of hyperbole - there's a whole mix of victimhood, Alex Jones, MSM is not left-leaning, it's social media not the MSM, insulting snarky sentences (typically known to your ilk as "MSM"), etc ... All with the standard self-righteous attitude of the left.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:38 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Alex Jones is the perfect example of what you get from "right leaning" media... a charlatan preying on small minds to enrich himself... LOL all you want, but you know it to be true.
Alex Jones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island