Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 01:25 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
NY already had an anti-business taint on it since the Lighthouse deal fell through. AOC needs to address how to attract business to NY, not just the taxes corporate America isn't paying.
Bronx is booming and they seem to love her. She was elected in a neighboring district where she wasn't even on the ballot! lol She smoked Pelosi's groomed next in line and entrenched Dem party hack and is making imbeciles out of establishment Dems and Repubs alike. It's fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 01:27 PM

305 posts, read 196,254 times
Default i'd agree except for the westside project

which was killed off by the wealthy who didn't want the stadium in their backyard.

it never stood a chance

Old 02-14-2019, 01:28 PM

305 posts, read 196,254 times
kinda like individual 1 leading the repubs around by the nose- in other words flim flam man

Old 02-14-2019, 01:36 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Bronx is booming and they seem to love her. She was elected in a neighboring district where she wasn't even on the ballot! lol She smoked Pelosi's groomed next in line and entrenched Dem party hack and is making imbeciles out of establishment Dems and Repubs alike. It's fun to watch.
I like AOC and believe her heart's in the right place. But ignoring NY's horrible business environment is congressional malpractice. She's got to do more than complaining and sending companies scrambling out of the state.

Thanks to Trump I am way cynical about pols jerking people's emotional chain for attention and career advancement.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,330,522 times
I would of never worked for Amazon and I am a tech worker. I will now vote R across the line. It's a FN disgrace that the city let this happen. I bet these idiot democrats would of been happy if Amazon was going to hire 25k workers making 38k a year. As NY is learning when you tax people to death they leave. This would offset the super wealthy leaving. Eventually the state will learn at some point you run out of other people's money.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:06 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,558,895 times
Quote:
I like AOC and believe her heart's in the right place. But ignoring NY's horrible business environment is congressional malpractice. She's got to do more than complaining and sending companies scrambling out of the state.

Thanks to Trump I am way cynical about pols jerking people's emotional chain for attention and career advancement.
I think her heart is definitely in the right place too. I am all for a cleaner planet and everyone to be happy.

But her head is in the clouds on how this is to get done. Clueless as to how things get done in the economic sense and the political sense. What happened today, was simply economic murder for Long Island. The train tracks of investment lost it's bridge. I know Amazon wasn't the end-all be-all opportunity, but the fallout of going from such a high profile situation as HQ2, to losing it over bruised egos of not being at the money table with the bigger dogs when deciding the incentives, is crazy. $3b saved, at a cost of $25b potentially earned over the next two decades. $3b is basically a few sky scrapers across the river.

I strongly suspect AOC's clock is about to be wound down a good bit by those in this town where I live, and she's visiting, who are now realizing they're too out of touch with how to manage the media's fascination with a cute little politician who fails to realizes the reality of the world, which is it will forever have the disadvantaged, the ditch diggers who think it's unfair. Even the most livid Trump hating democrats in this town, are scratching their heads as to how in the world anyone could let HQ2 go like this, and guess who they're all starting to point their corrupt, fat, dirty and short little fingers at...

I hope NY gets this under control soon, make this a blip on the radar, and get back to smooth sailing. Two streets control this country whether you like it or not. We've got one, and you've got the other..

K Street.
Wall Street.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:30 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
I think her heart is definitely in the right place too. I am all for a cleaner planet and everyone to be happy.

But her head is in the clouds on how this is to get done. Clueless as to how things get done in the economic sense and the political sense. What happened today, was simply economic murder for Long Island. The train tracks of investment lost it's bridge. I know Amazon wasn't the end-all be-all opportunity, but the fallout of going from such a high profile situation as HQ2, to losing it over bruised egos of not being at the money table with the bigger dogs when deciding the incentives, is crazy. $3b saved, at a cost of $25b potentially earned over the next two decades. $3b is basically a few sky scrapers across the river.

I strongly suspect AOC's clock is about to be wound down a good bit by those in this town where I live, and she's visiting, who are now realizing they're too out of touch with how to manage the media's fascination with a cute little politician who fails to realizes the reality of the world, which is it will forever have the disadvantaged, the ditch diggers who think it's unfair. Even the most livid Trump hating democrats in this town, are scratching their heads as to how in the world anyone could let HQ2 go like this, and guess who they're all starting to point their corrupt, fat, dirty and short little fingers at...

I hope NY gets this under control soon, make this a blip on the radar, and get back to smooth sailing. Two streets control this country whether you like it or not. We've got one, and you've got the other..

K Street.
Wall Street.
The whole thing is ridiculous. NY is supposed to be a leader in business and industry, not telling successful companies to take their jobs and get lost.

AOC seems to think only about worker rights and justice, and not about attracting companies with jobs for them. A smarter pol would angle for a place at the table and a renegotiated deal.

All those tens of millions in "NY is open for business" ads are officially wasted by this numbskull failure. You can't undo this kind of bad publicity by buying more ad time.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:55 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Andy is not pleased:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/cuomo-s...tches-new-york

Old 02-14-2019, 05:15 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Quote:

Her heart may be in the right place but her head is up where it doesn’t usually go.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:23 PM

2,447 posts, read 1,220,813 times
The genius of AOC was getting elected with a D after her name in NY. Pretty much guaranteed a job for life. Other than that, dumb as a box of rocks.

What are we on the 3rd generation of kids who have been taught that capitalism sucks and America is evil? Reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island