Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:08 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,988 times

Advertisements

Trump is a disgrace. Stick a fork in him. He's done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 02:57 PM

186 posts, read 244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
If you read this NYT review of a new biography on Hitler - you'll be struck by the similarities he shares with Trump. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/bo...r-ullrich.html

Some key points about Hitler from this review:
1. He was often described as an egomaniac;
2. He was known for a “bottomless mendacity” that would later be magnified by a slick propaganda machine that used the latest technology (Twitter!);
3. He was an effective orator and actor;
4. He presented himself in messianic terms, promising “to lead Germany to a new era of national greatness,” though he was typically vague about his actual plans;
5. His repertoire of topics was limited, and reading his speeches in retrospect, “it seems amazing that he attracted larger and larger audiences” with “repeated mantra-like phrases” consisting largely of “accusations, vows of revenge and promises for the future.”
6. His ascension was aided and abetted by the naïveté of domestic adversaries who failed to appreciate his ruthlessness and tenacity;
7. He could not be tamed;
8. He had a dark, darwinian view of the world.

The warning bells are there.

But you go ahead and attack Hillary again on emails and her husband's record from almost 20 years ago.

Godwin's Law

Old 10-10-2016, 05:25 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I wasn't personally offended by the language used by Donald - I can be vulgar from time to time as well.

I think where many people are mad at him is that he implies that he can just go up to any woman and kiss her or grab her *****. He could have said the much cleaner "grab their vagina" and I think that people would have been equally offended. People aren't so prude that they get offended by dirty words, but people to recoil when someone is implying that he can get away with sexual assault.

Now, was he serious? I don't know. But let's be honest - we've all seen the 50 or 60 year old guy at the bar who thinks he's God's gift to women and that he can just go up to them and bring them home. At worst Donald is a sexual predator, at best he's just creepy old man.
At best, Bill Clinton is both the predator, creepy old man and rapist/ molester. Hillary ridiculed each and every one of his victims. Who is the real disgrace here?

Old 10-10-2016, 07:00 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,890,648 times
God this is still playing out like 2 sports teams. Both your teams suck, give it a rest.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:56 PM

513 posts, read 837,899 times
From March 2016

Quote:
4.6 hours of stump speeches and press conferences, from a rally in Concord, N.C., on Monday to a rally on Friday in St. Louis.
Quote:
It equates to roughly one misstatement every five minutes on average.

From September 2016

Quote:
Donald Trump went for the liar’s gold in Monday’s debate, and scored. Last week he clocked an impressive rate of lying at one falsehood every 3.25 minutes of his public speeches, interviews, and tweets. He blew that record out of the water on Monday night. According to the Toronto Star's count, he had 34 lies in roughly 90 minutes. Doing the math on that, it's a lie every 2.65 minutes.

From October 2016

Quote:
One reporter, the Toronto Star's Washington correspondent Daniel Dale, came up with a whopping 33 Trump lies in 40 minutes of talking (a lie for every 1.2 minutes), while finding five from Hillary Clinton.

A shoo-in to break the Lie A Minute barrier in Debate III. If he shows...

Old 10-11-2016, 06:50 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,331,067 times
I would maintain, it's not a lie if one doesn't know it's a lie and is simply repeating what they believe to be true. In such a case it's "untrue", "incorrect", or "a falsehood". This would require one to know what the speaker knows to be true. In Trump's case, I'm fairly sure he doesn't know the truth...but doesn't know he doesn't know or...simply believes he makes it true by saying it.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 AM

513 posts, read 837,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1202 View Post
I would maintain, it's not a lie if one doesn't know it's a lie and is simply repeating what they believe to be true.
The
George Costanza technique?

Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Anyone who is voting for Trump needs a lobotomy, period. If you can't see whats wrong with this character who is completely unqualified for ANY political office, then I really have no hope for humanity anymore.

Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women - NBC News

Donald Trump Says Central Park Five Are Guilty, Despite DNA Evidence - NBC News

The man is a freakin IDIOT!...I just can't.
Part of gaining wisdom IMO is the ability to see from other perspectives and rationalize why other people view things in a way that you do not

I know many liberal friends who can really argue their position cohesively and intelligently. I however am a Trump supporter. Some things you have to agree to disagree on. We all have to live together.

You should see some of the people I hear in person say the things you said. Some real winners!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:21 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Part of gaining wisdom IMO is the ability to see from other perspectives and rationalize why other people view things in a way that you do not

I know many liberal friends who can really argue their position cohesively and intelligently. I however am a Trump supporter. Some things you have to agree to disagree on. We all have to live together.

You should see some of the people I hear in person say the things you said. Some real winners!
Likewise, I have some acquaintainces IRL who are admitting their vote for Trump is solely due to their stance on anything ANTI-Hillary. When asked why they prefer Trump, most can not set forth a legitimate reason FOR supporting him, this election unfortunately appears to be polarized purely between 2 parties who are forcing voters to vote for their candidate only as a way to PREVENT the other candidate from succeeding.
Given the latest polls however, this is all for naught, Trump is losing ground by the week and HRC will likely win the election in any event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIHR View Post
Godwin's Law

As far as Godwin's Law, I don't recall seeing many internet message board posts from 2008-2012 that compared Romney or McCain to Hitler. Trump is unique in his despotic and totalitarian form of campaigning, behaving and speaking - that the similarities can no longer be ignored or pushed under a rug. History tends to repeat itself, we need to listen.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:44 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Wow donald last night kicked lying hillarys behind all over the place at the debate. She looked beat and tired. It was certainly amusing watching her fabricate a complete fictional story about Abe lincholn when confronted about her email leak and scandals.

She was clueless and caught red handed on many issues as usual. However her incompetence and lack of honesty really shined last night.

Kool-aid infused with Trump sweat (ewww, I hope it's only sweat).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island