Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:43 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Beverages View Post
You're missing the point of the Trump movement if you think we care one iota about media endorsements. To the contrary, the lack of endorsements assures us that he's on the right track.
Trump hates it when he gets endorsements! !
(((Harry Enten))) ✔ @ForecasterEnten
Moore Information polled for Lisa Murkowski over past few days... finds Trump only +3 in Alaska. No Dem has won Alaska since 64 I believe.
9:05 PM - 7 Oct 2016

Not looking good for the movement! !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Let's face it. As I said earlier. neither of these candidates is ideal.

In fact, they are both very much alike. She lies, he lies. She enables, he enables. She has a foundation that hides money, ditto for him. She disrespects women, so does he.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want to run for the office. I personally have never done anything egregious, but I am sure they could drag up a few things I did earlier in life and make an issue of it. I would love a statute of limitations on things to be dredged up. Clinton infidelity, off the table. Trumps female denigration - off the table. Let's stick to the current issues and be done with this. Can't wait til both of them disappear off my radar screen. Just tired of it. I am so tired of it, that while Hurricane Matthew is nothing other than tragic, I have actually welcomed the change in the coverage.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:11 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,061,296 times
It would be interesting to draw a parallel between Donald Trump and Ross Perot. Ross, of course, putting in a presidential bid back in 1992. I honestly cannot remember how the Island as a whole swayed in favor or opposed to Ross Perot, but I remember many supporters.

The three prominent "I'm a businessman so if you elect me it will not be "business as usual" candidates in recent time that stick out in my mind are Ross Perot, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Donald Trump.

Only one of the three won their election so far.

Last edited by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...?; 10-08-2016 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-08-2016, 04:28 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,810 times
Trump will take Long Island. But [no pun] the liberal ass suckers in NYC just may out vote us.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:50 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,425,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Anyone who is voting for Trump needs a lobotomy, period. If you can't see whats wrong with this character who is completely unqualified for ANY political office, then I really have no hope for humanity anymore.

Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women - NBC News

Donald Trump Says Central Park Five Are Guilty, Despite DNA Evidence - NBC News

The man is a freakin IDIOT!...I just can't.
Lobotomy huh? What do the people voting for the pathological liar that's literally gotten people killed, lied about THAT and busted by leak for attempting to cover it up?

Say what you want about Trump, but theirs no denying that Hillary is a criminal and liar that can't be trusted. Trump may **** off a lot of people with what comes out of his mouth, but at least he says what he thinks, which Hillary has PROVEN time and time again she says what works for HER at any given time.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:29 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
Trump campaign since the debate:

1) Claimed he was given a bad microphone.

2) Claimed he won the debate.

3) Asked people to check out a sex tape.

4) Mocked Clinton for being sick three weeks ago (compete with visual re-enactment).

5) Admitted-- and then bragged-- that he has paid no or almost no income tax for years.

6) Accused Clinton of cheating on her husband.

7) Implied that veterans who get PTSD weren't "strong" and that they just needed a prescription.
Rough week for donny. Even Melania is disgusted with him. Maybe Donny can be the first President to swap out first ladies!!

Old 10-08-2016, 11:01 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Nassau and Suffolk will go to Trump this year.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:02 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Although I live in the SF Bay Area, I am well acquainted with some Long Islander's. It seems to me that there is a lot of diversity on the island, though.

So when you all, or just the OP, wonders or expects Donald Trump to win Long Island, I would like to read some specifics about areas where you think he will do well and where he won't.

Specifically....

Brooklyn?

Jericho?

The Hamptons?

Montauk?

Great Neck?

Any particular county?

Where is he most likely to do well, and where is he least likely to do well?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:07 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Although I live in the SF Bay Area, I am well acquainted with some Long Islander's. It seems to me that there is a lot of diversity on the island, though.

So when you all, or just the OP, wonders or expects Donald Trump to win Long Island, I would like to read some specifics about areas where you think he will do well and where he won't.

Specifically....

Brooklyn?

Jericho?

The Hamptons?

Montauk?

Great Neck?

I spend a lot of time in NYC and L.I. .... in the city, a lot of people dislike Trump. They just are very liberal. Long Island has really changed this year... a lot of support for Trump everywhere. Most people I talk to on the island are very enthusiastic about Trump. In the city, he is hated.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:10 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post

Specifically....

Brooklyn?

Jericho?

The Hamptons?

Montauk?

Great Neck?

Any particular county?

Though this has been debated ad nauseum Brooklyn is one of the boroughs of NY, therefore, not part of LI. But to your point, an interesting question.

The demographics of LI have been changing and that may or may not have changed the voting response. I know factually Great Neck had always been solidly Democratic, but that may have changed. Can't speak to other parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island