Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 25,294 times

Advertisements

I bought the unit April 2012 and had no doubt it would work. Well by summer and humidity in full force, I found my basement smelling and damp. The lights wouldn't go on, had to wait. Called the company and they had me perform a bunch of stuff with them on the phone. They said it was working fine and told me to run a fan with the air blowing towards the unit. Has not helped, the humidity in my basement won't go below 72. I could open the windows and do better.
It looks to me like a scam. They have no satisfactory solution. Each time I call I get the same runaround. I am waiting for them to call me back again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 03:11 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,550,361 times
I have seen 3 in all the inspections I have performed......all 3 were broken.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:10 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,766,037 times
Well, the basement in my soon to be former home is dry and odor free... in fact, it's less humid than the above ground floors. Guess that EPS is looking better now. Oh, and it doesn't impact your LIPA bill either.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 24,528 times
I have a 2,000 sq. ft.of crawl. I have two sum pumps . It is damp and often wet in the crawl. Would I be better off with a wave system or a dehumidifier? Can you give me a general idea of the cost?

Old 10-25-2013, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 24,165 times
Default 10/25/2013 Ordered one yesterday

Everyone is right about the rudeness of their employees. Mine talked 20 miles a hour and I had to over talk him to tell him TO LET ME TALK.
Mine sounded like he was a New Yorker, but address said New Jersey.
Anyway, they said they are having a sale.
Said shipping would be 2-3 days through UPS, which they did email me with the tracking information.
I got the large tall one, no shipping or taxes, a little over 1100.00.
Can return it in 12 months for any reason and get a refund...warranty up to 8 yrs.
In my area, they do have someone to set it up for 250.00, but I already have an extra dryer vent, but pretty sure I will have to up my electrical.
You will need a vent just like a dryer vent to the outside.
Cannot place it near the steps. If near the sump pump, the sump pump should be enclosed, like in a closet.
Would need to put in a floor vent type in the upstairs door, but I leave mine cracked for the cat.
He said that it would clear out the smoke from the upstairs renter I have.
Plus I have my home for sale.
DO WANT TO SAY....ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINIG ABOUT CAT PEE SMELLS IN A BASEMENT.
I have no cat, but my son had left a couple ceiling tiles open, and what a smell.
So, I went to Armstrong's site and found out that it was/is from the ceiling tiles. They suggested to put a small fan up in there, do you know how much dirt would be flying around?
Will post next week after installing the wonder machine.......hope it works.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 AM

8 posts, read 42,932 times
You can buy a similar product, known as the Breeze, for about $280 at Amazon. It has made it possible for our family to use our basement! We had a dehumidifier running for many years. It cost about $35 per month to run, needed to have the tank emptied, and never changed the air in the basement. Family allergies and the terrible smell kept everyone out. This appliance costs pennies to run, is very sturdy, made of vinyl, has a full variable speed fan control and a humidistat that turns it on and off based on the desired humidity level. You can barely hear the fan. It installs as a dryer is vented. At $350, it costs so much less than the competition (Humidex about $1,200) (EZ Breathe about $1,500) (Wave Ventilation about $1,700). It's a steal.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 47,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmass View Post
You can buy a similar product, known as the Breeze, for about $280 at Amazon. It has made it possible for our family to use our basement! We had a dehumidifier running for many years. It cost about $35 per month to run, needed to have the tank emptied, and never changed the air in the basement. Family allergies and the terrible smell kept everyone out. This appliance costs pennies to run, is very sturdy, made of vinyl, has a full variable speed fan control and a humidistat that turns it on and off based on the desired humidity level. You can barely hear the fan. It installs as a dryer is vented. At $350, it costs so much less than the competition (Humidex about $1,200) (EZ Breathe about $1,500) (Wave Ventilation about $1,700). It's a steal.

Can you post a link or be more specific on what "the Breeze" is from Amazon.com? I looked and didn't find it...Thanks

Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 47,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl007 View Post
Can you post a link or be more specific on what "the Breeze" is from Amazon.com? I looked and didn't find it...Thanks
Never mind, found some on ebay

Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM

6,385 posts, read 13,169,132 times
Link please?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl007 View Post
Never mind, found some on ebay

Old 03-25-2014, 05:24 PM

267 posts, read 599,101 times
We have Humidex over here. It has been on non stop for 13 years now. Not one issue. Works great, uses less than 75 watts. Very little maitenance. It can sense the change in the weather before we do. Meaning it senses the humidity change and increases or decreases depending on what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island