Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:27 PM

208 posts, read 492,751 times

Advertisements

Guns Don"t kill people
Drugged up Idiots Kill Pepole if it wasint a Gun It be a Car/Knife Whatever

I don"t care for guns but if i Met the Wrong person i Use it Hopefully
Just to Scare them but if i have no choice then to use it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 08:28 PM

752 posts, read 1,464,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
And New York gun laws can add another 4 people left undefended by its laws. THANK YOU LAWMAKERS!
Even if they changed the gun laws everyone isn't going to run out and buy one...
I wouldn't want a hand gun in my house.
I shouldn't need a handgun to protect myself.
You could die in a car accident just as easily as being killed at a convenience store by some idiot.
This is a horrible event
one of many
and nothing more.
I feel bad for them and it shouldn't have happened, but I somehow doubt that adding more guns to the equation would have helped.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I have a backpack ... so vague; what was he wearing? What was his height? Skin color? Age range? Hair color?

Anyways, sounds to me like it was a drug addict who needed his fix. But what I don't understand is why kill 4 people? Take the cash, take the drugs ... but why kill them?
Exactly my thoughts, what's the point of taking peoples lives when you already got the cash/drugs...and what a terrible description...NyPost just cares about getting the story out ASAP and catching eyeballs, rather than actually getting all the information. They could care less if the guy is caught or not -- Good thing we have multiple news sources, Patch got the info.

Here's the piece of trash, inbred looking mofo: Full description here> Police ID Four Victims in Medford Shooting - Patchogue, NY Patch

White male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, and was either unshaven or had a dark beard and mustache and short dark hair. The suspect was wearing a white baseball hat, sunglasses, a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, dark shoes and was carrying a black backpack. The suspect fled on foot eastbound on Southaven Avenue.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,122,798 times
Ohhh he's screwed now. Part of me wants him to pull a gun and get killed by the cops, but the other part of me wants to know why he mowed down 4 innocent people.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
Even if they changed the gun laws everyone isn't going to run out and buy one...
I wouldn't want a hand gun in my house.
I shouldn't need a handgun to protect myself.
You could die in a car accident just as easily as being killed at a convenience store by some idiot.
This is a horrible event
one of many
and nothing more.
I feel bad for them and it shouldn't have happened, but I somehow doubt that adding more guns to the equation would have helped.
BIG difference there. I'd rather die getting T-boned by an 18-wheeler or be eaten alive by a pack of lions , rather than allowing some d-bag to snuff out my life like this. If one of the customers or employees was carrying, the outcome might have been different. I'd love to be able to carry and have a fighting change if a situation like this arose. I really can't think of any worse way to die than begging for mercy and allowing another human to kill you in cold blood.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 PM

20,971 posts, read 28,504,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
BIG difference there. I'd rather die getting T-boned by an 18-wheeler or be eaten alive by a pack of lions , rather than allowing some d-bag to snuff out my life like this. If one of the customers or employees was carrying, the outcome might have been different. I'd love to be able to carry and have a fighting change if a situation like this arose. I really can't think of any worse way to die than begging for mercy and allowing another human to kill you in cold blood.
Besides cops how can you get a carry permit?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,514,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
And New York gun laws can add another 4 people left undefended by its laws. THANK YOU LAWMAKERS!
I would bet dollars to donuts this gun was originally purchased "legally" in the south...

Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Besides cops how can you get a carry permit?
AFAIK, only cops and I believe certain 'security' related professions (bodyguards?) can get one.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 PM

20,971 posts, read 28,504,171 times
What about store owner? Do peole who work for brinks carry?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:17 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,285,599 times
This is a terrible tragedy. I hope the perpetrator is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I really don't see where the political discussion of gun laws is relevant. Nothing I've read so far indicates whether the victims had guns, tried to own guns, would own guns, or would use guns to defend themselves.

I am not saying that because I am 90% liberal, but because there is nothing in the story to support any discussion of it. I take a moderate view of gun ownership. I am not a gun nut by any stretch, but I do support the right to defend oneself with a legally owned firearm.

And last I checked, I'm a decent shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island