Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 10:58 AM

11,142 posts, read 9,782,011 times

Advertisements

The issue was only contemplated due to the fact that the board had received some questions/complaints about an individual open-carrying in a clubhouse restaurant. Some residents felt unsafe for some reason. We have residents who come from all over the country, and even from other countries. People who are not used to "gun culture" can feel threatened by open carry. The board took up the matter, but it should have been done in a more open transparent way, and with more community input. That has been resolved, and it in no way reflects on the residents of the community, or the board, who are simply residents of the community whom we've elected to that position. If anyone doesn't like the board actions, they are free to run for a board position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 08:59 AM

34 posts, read 42,567 times
[COLOR="Royal Blue"][/color] Hi Folks, I haven't been on his site for a while. We bought our house in 2011 and 'Commuted back & forth from Long Island, NY twice year for about 8 week a stay. In 2015 we sold our LI house and said 'Goodbye' to traffic jams, high property taxes, etc. Have not regretted it. As far as the POA meeting for the firearm issue, the POA handled the situation rather poorly ,in my opinion. The info given out was also poorly distributed. In my humble opinion, the POA lawyer was not impressive to say the least. And we pay this clown to give legal advice on legal situations concerning the POA. The meeting started off when the FIRE CHIEF asked folks to reduce the crowd numbers in the meeting room due to Safety Regulations on the Fire Code. When he got little attention he threatened the group, when he said he'd called the Police if there was no response on his request. He again, shortly later, asked the group to reduce the numbers and slowly they started to leave , to go to the lower restaurant level where Live Video was showing. Anyway, the meeting did get a little loud at points but nobody was looking to lynch anyone. It got a little loud at times when the Board was not answering legit questions. When it was time for the audience to speak for 2 minutes on the issues, they presented the Board case law issues and their reasons of why they felt that the 'NO GUNS ON PREMISES' signs was uncalled for. I was watching the Board members while this was being presented and again in my opinion, 2 or 3 Board members appeared to be not interested in their fellow residents opinions. It was noted by many in the audience also.
Apologies were expressed by a few Board Members on the way the issue was handled and they placed the issue on the schedule for next month. Next month it was taken off the agenda and it became a Dead Issue.
I noticed a local news paper article reported the the crowd at the meeting was 'Boisterous and unruly'. Obviously he was not there and got his info from an Anti gun person. Idiot in my opinion.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:56 AM

176 posts, read 221,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton1944 View Post
[COLOR="Royal Blue"][/color] Hi Folks, I haven't been on his site for a while. We bought our house in 2011 and 'Commuted back & forth from Long Island, NY twice year for about 8 week a stay. In 2015 we sold our LI house and said 'Goodbye' to traffic jams, high property taxes, etc. Have not regretted it. As far as the POA meeting for the firearm issue, the POA handled the situation rather poorly ,in my opinion. The info given out was also poorly distributed. In my humble opinion, the POA lawyer was not impressive to say the least. And we pay this clown to give legal advice on legal situations concerning the POA. The meeting started off when the FIRE CHIEF asked folks to reduce the crowd numbers in the meeting room due to Safety Regulations on the Fire Code. When he got little attention he threatened the group, when he said he'd called the Police if there was no response on his request. He again, shortly later, asked the group to reduce the numbers and slowly they started to leave , to go to the lower restaurant level where Live Video was showing. Anyway, the meeting did get a little loud at points but nobody was looking to lynch anyone. It got a little loud at times when the Board was not answering legit questions. When it was time for the audience to speak for 2 minutes on the issues, they presented the Board case law issues and their reasons of why they felt that the 'NO GUNS ON PREMISES' signs was uncalled for. I was watching the Board members while this was being presented and again in my opinion, 2 or 3 Board members appeared to be not interested in their fellow residents opinions. It was noted by many in the audience also.
Apologies were expressed by a few Board Members on the way the issue was handled and they placed the issue on the schedule for next month. Next month it was taken off the agenda and it became a Dead Issue.
I noticed a local news paper article reported the the crowd at the meeting was 'Boisterous and unruly'. Obviously he was not there and got his info from an Anti gun person. Idiot in my opinion.
I was in attendance, and this is an accurate synopsis.

I will add that most who did not eagerly skip downstairs when asked were retired police officers who understood that it was a request and not a demand, and understood that Maximum Room Capacity is a CIVIL law (a tort - NOT a crime) and ignored him because no one single person can be held individually responsible for violation of a maximum room capacity unless they had 250 inside and accounted for and you KNEW you were # 251.

Old 03-25-2023, 10:11 AM

348 posts, read 256,340 times
Hi

Can someone tell me if natural gas is available in Tellico Village? I've viewed many homes for sale in the Village and most of them have electric stoves.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
Hi

Can someone tell me if natural gas is available in Tellico Village? I've viewed many homes for sale in the Village and most of them have electric stoves.
It is not available in Tellico Village. The land Tellico Village was build upon was originally owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Besides flood control and reservoir management, their primary function is power generation, dominantly electricity. The electricity is fairly cheap, much more less than it was with Edison in CA. Anyhow, one of the primary restrictions for TVA to sell thousands of acres to the developer (Cooper) was that there was a non-compete for power sources. So, Tellico Village = electricity / propane / induction, but no natural gas.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-25-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyStills View Post
It is not available in Tellico Village. The land Tellico Village was build upon was originally owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Besides flood control and reservoir management, their primary function is power generation, dominantly electricity. The electricity is fairly cheap, much more less than it was with Edison in CA. Anyhow, one of the primary restrictions for TVA to sell thousands of acres to the developer (Cooper) was that there was a non-compete for power sources. So, Tellico Village = electricity / propane / induction, but no natural gas.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the information!

Might have to pass on this community because I want my new house to have a gas stove.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
Thank you for the information!

Might have to pass on this community because I want my new house to have a gas stove.
Many have propane or induction and are quite happy with it. Induction, actually, is faster than gas at boiling water, has much more precise temperature control (melting chocolate or butter without scorching), and you can use cast iron cookware to get good char marks on meat, vegetables, tortillas, etc. like you can on gas.

Old 03-25-2023, 03:46 PM

11,142 posts, read 9,782,011 times
Littlebebe, I have a gas stove here in TV. We use propane for our stove, dryer, fireplace, tankless water heater and as the auxiliary heat for our heat pump. I almost wish we'd gotten a propane furnace, but our HP is so efficient that it's fine with the propane backup in cold weather. To convert a natural gas stove to propane takes about 30 seconds. There is a little piece (about 1/2") called an orifice that must be changed from gas to propane. Most new gas appliances actually come with this little part in a separate envelope to be switched prior to installation. Propane actually has a higher BTU content than natural gas, so it's excellent for use in a gas stove.

Old 03-26-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyStills View Post
Many have propane or induction and are quite happy with it. Induction, actually, is faster than gas at boiling water, has much more precise temperature control (melting chocolate or butter without scorching), and you can use cast iron cookware to get good char marks on meat, vegetables, tortillas, etc. like you can on gas.
I'm not a fan of the flat glass cooktops. We moved into our house and the electric stove was only two years old and the cooktop had a crack in it. Also, very scratched up. We replaced it but I use cast iron because I have so many skillets. I am extremely careful but it still gets tiny scratches. Not a fan.

Old 03-26-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Littlebebe, I have a gas stove here in TV. We use propane for our stove, dryer, fireplace, tankless water heater and as the auxiliary heat for our heat pump. I almost wish we'd gotten a propane furnace, but our HP is so efficient that it's fine with the propane backup in cold weather. To convert a natural gas stove to propane takes about 30 seconds. There is a little piece (about 1/2") called an orifice that must be changed from gas to propane. Most new gas appliances actually come with this little part in a separate envelope to be switched prior to installation. Propane actually has a higher BTU content than natural gas, so it's excellent for use in a gas stove.
Interesting.

My last house had gas set up for all the appliances, heat, fireplace and tankless water heater. This is the same set up I want in our next house. Currently we only have propane for the fireplace.

Does Tellico Village allow propane tanks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville