Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 12,560 times

Advertisements

I think kids will be kids. They always seemed to pick on someone. I hope not yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM

29 posts, read 116,169 times
Default Tellico Village - TN

Hi all....my husband and I are going to slow down (not retire). We are late 50's with kids in college. Last year we excitedly visited Maryville.TN. Although the area was nice...many downtown storefronts were empty. This was dissappointing.

So we visited Rarity Bay...I fell in the love with the mountain views.. However, the houses were a bit more expensive then we wanted.

What we want is a $300K to $400K house with about 2500sf. Most importantly we want an active social life with interesting people.
We would like to play golf, tennis, have social outings, possibly travel with others, garden, book clubs, visit Knoxville, etc.

I wonder if anyone could comment on Tellico Village...are the people there (for the most part...I'm realistic) interesting people who do things?

p.s. I loved Sweetwater and Turkey Creek

Old 08-22-2010, 03:11 PM

187 posts, read 460,210 times
Tellico Village sounds exactly about what you're looking for and wanting...My uncle lives there,And he's been there for about 10 years now...He's lived in Florida,Atlanta,Chicago and Memphis...He left all those places for Tellico Village....Its a lake and golfing community....Houses go from low 200's up to close to a million....Lakefront of course is higher than golf front,But still not a bad choice either way....If you're into golf and tennis then you should have no problem fitting in and finding other couples who are into the same things as you are...Turkey Creek is about an hours drive from there tho

Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,842 times
My husband and I moved to Tellico Village almost two years ago and we love it. In addition to boating and golf, there is a spectacular Wellness Center with superb exercise facilities and classes, including pools and water aerobics. There are about 100 clubs of all sorts, and we have been active with the village community theatre as well as dinner groups. We have made many friends through all the activities. BTW, Turkey Creek is maybe 25 minutes away.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Check out the website "www.tvpoa.com" or google "tellico village online" there is tons of info about the neighborhood, the club activities, the amenities, and, yes, there are tons of houses for sale in your price range. We are looking for the same and will be moving when we sell our house next spring. You can visit and stay in a rental house in the neighborhood through an outfit called Key Rental, just google that, and you can rent by the day, week, etc. We did that, you can try it out for a week or so and see what you think. Shopping will probably be mostly in Lenoir City and the Kingston Pike/Turkey Creek, unless you move to the south part of the development and then Vonore or even Maryville will be your options. There is a newly built grocery in the village now, as well as a gas station, bank, beauty salon, etc. but you will probably want to go to town (15 minute drive or so) for more options. The golf courses (3) are very nice, bring your own clubs if you visit as rentals are not available. The yacht club and fitness center are amazing, and the fees are much less than you would expect to pay for comparable facilities. There are numerous activities on the calendar. The people there are mostly transplants from other states, many are retired from various industries. The POA and HOA are run like successful, well run non-profits and there doesn't seem to be any shady accounting or dark secrets. The facilities are well maintained and not overcrowded.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:18 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Oh...Kate, can you tell me what cable and internet service bundles are available in Tellico? We are stuck with satellite TV and internet here and it's costing a fortune, so I was hoping that was another area we could save some $$$.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 17,909 times
Default Tellico Village -- Access to lake by residents? Neighborhood map?

We are considering relocating to the Knoxville area and have been doing some browsing around Tellico Village real estate sites. We like the look of the place, at least as far as we can tell without having visited there yet.

Houses are all listed by neighborhood, but I can't seem to find a map of where the neighborhoods are. Anyone know of one available on-line?

Also, we won't be buying a lake$ide house. How accessible is the lake to residents who don't live on the shore? Are there parks, public access, whatever? Place to put in a kayak or canoe? Swimming?

Thanks for whatever help you may be able to give us!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM

455 posts, read 669,506 times
I live in Tellico Village in the Toqua neighborhood. We have several marinas where you can put any type of watercraft in at no charge. There is also a small park with a sandy beach where you can swim. Just outside the Village there is another marina with a beach, so plenty of places to boat and swim. If you ever do decide to get a boat, you can rent dock space in the marina. You don't have to have a lakefront home to enjoy the lake. There are also two rec centers, both with pools where you can also swim. If you need a map, contact Village Realty or Remax at the Lakes. These seem to be the most popular realtors. Just remember, Tellico Village is pretty much a place to retire. There are plenty of clubs and you can get involved as much you want. Just not many young people or families here.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM

3 posts, read 17,909 times
Thanks for the quick answer!
It's retirement we're looking at. It's not easy for us to meet people, and seeing that there were so many clubs and activities seems like it would work better for us than just buying in a town somewhere and hoping to make contacts.

I like the idea of having the lake accessible, even if it's just to go down and watch the day go by for a while.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:16 PM

455 posts, read 669,506 times
By the way, I'm from NJ too. Not as many of us in the Village, many from the midwest. There are so many clubs and activites, you'll have no trouble meeting people. We even have a dog park called Rover Run where I've met some very nice folks.
I do miss the food coming from NJ as well as the convenience of having things nearby without all the driving, but if you are content to notch it down a bit and enjoy the surroundings you'll do fine. Alot of good buys in the Village right now, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville