Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,577,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Eaton View Post
Okay, I've never been on a forum of this type before...so I'm not sure how to navigate. I am thinking about moving to a small community named Science Hill, Ky (it's about 1 and 1/2 hours south of Lexington, just off Hwy. 27). I would like to know as much as possible about the value of real estate in that area. Where should I post this message to get the most response, if any?

cre
Real estate would be quite cheap in Science Hill. It's very small but not too far from Somerset, which is the largest town in that area. You may get more responses if you post a "new thread" in the Kentucky forum.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 12,653 times
Default Locked up Dog

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry but I'm new and I didn't know where to start. I wanted an opinion as to what happened to me today. My apartment was inspected today (they make sure smoke detectors, etc. are working properly). When I came home this evening my yorkie that is ill was locked in the bedroom with no food or water. He was very upset as was I. Just wondering what I should do, if anything. Thanks for your help.

Paula Sparks

Old 08-08-2009, 06:37 AM

2 posts, read 11,665 times
Default How about 30 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
I will probably be moving to the Lexington area in the near future and will be working at the University of Kentucky Medical Center. I would like to spend around $200,000. Have 2 kids and would like to have them go to public school. I would like a commute less than 20 min if possible (I will work hours of 6 am to 7 pm). Really I want a neighborhood that most people would call boring....Quiet, yard, minimal traffic & possibly somewhere with other young families. A public library nearby would be great. And I love PIE!! Thanks for any advice on possible neighborhoods.
My suggestion is to move to Berea which is about 30 minutes. Richmond around 18 minutes. Beea has a Brand New downtown Library. Check it out!
Good luck!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 11,735 times
Default information on fulton ky

hi i also am new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has any information on fulton ky. Like the price of housing, utilities, cost of living , population, i am a nurse by profession and unable to work due to an injury and like many americans this came out of no where and i wasnt prepared for early retirement. So now i need to find a small town where the cost of living is within my budget with low crime rate, good neighbors, and a good place to call home. If any one has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate any input. Need to be able to survive on 30,000.00 or less per year for a few years i am hoping to be able to return to work in about a year.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,100,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursecathy View Post
hi i also am new to this forum and would like to know if anyone has any information on fulton ky. Like the price of housing, utilities, cost of living , population, i am a nurse by profession and unable to work due to an injury and like many americans this came out of no where and i wasnt prepared for early retirement. So now i need to find a small town where the cost of living is within my budget with low crime rate, good neighbors, and a good place to call home. If any one has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate any input. Need to be able to survive on 30,000.00 or less per year for a few years i am hoping to be able to return to work in about a year.
There is a separate thread on Hickman (near Fulton) and Fulton is mentioned a few times https://www.city-data.com/forum/kentu...-kentucky.html

How does one receive $30,000 a year and not work?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:43 AM

1 posts, read 9,912 times
what would you like to know about science hill, i am from somerset

Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 9,298 times
There is a little gem in the Northern Kentucky region that many relocating or retiring have discovered called Crestview Hills. It's a very small town (about 3,700 residents) but the day time population is about 10,000 or so. The homes and condos are very nice (condos start at about 85,000 and single family homes at about 140,000) and the City takes very good care of its residents. No extra charges for insurance premium tax, garbage or recycling pickup, vehicle stickers, etc. Just a really reasonable annual property tax. They do trips to the Reds every year, where the City picks up half the cost of the ticket AND the bus ride, and an annual holiday "dinner" for its residents. Anyone who needs or wants to move should check it out. We did and have been very pleased. Their website is [url=http://www.crestviewhills.com]The City of Crestview Hills, Kentucky > Home[/url]. The only minus would be traffic on Turkeyfoot Road and Dixie Hwy, especially during rush hours.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 8,340 times
Default I need to know about group homes for people w/disabilities?

I am just writing to ask a ? Is there any group homes for people w/disabilities or or mental health issues and if so where in Kentucky are they? If anyone could help me please feel free to email me at [EMAIL="jakereece27@yahoo.com"]jakereece27@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,845 times
Angry Moving to Kentucky

I was born and raised in Radcliff,Ky.Father was Military.My husband is retired Military & works Civil Service at Fort Knox.We live about 40 miles from the Post,we're trying to move closer because of health reasons.But since the BRAC going on at Fort Knox,this AREA HAS GOT MONEY HUNGRY.
HEADS UP FOR THOSE MOVING IN THE AREA.RENT PRICES HAVE DOUBLED.The economy in this area has never been high,suitable housing was always easy to find at an affordable price.Now with out of state families moving in the area,rent prices have jumped,for a home that was in the range of $500-$750. You are going to be paying $950 to $1600 a month. Many of the employees were offered jobs at Georgia,but would have to take a substanial cut in pay.Iam sure some of you moving to the area also had to do this,because of the cost of living being lower. I am sorry for the greed the realators are feeling,Weither they think you'll pay anything to live here,but I also feel bad for the local folks who are looking for a new place to live.The housing is not better quaility then it was a year ago but you'll pay like it is.Hope you can afford the higher prices because local people can't. Iam truly Sorry this was a decent place with decent people.They just think their going to make a buck off of you.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graba51 View Post
I was born and raised in Radcliff,Ky.Father was Military.My husband is retired Military & works Civil Service at Fort Knox.We live about 40 miles from the Post,we're trying to move closer because of health reasons.But since the BRAC going on at Fort Knox,this AREA HAS GOT MONEY HUNGRY.
HEADS UP FOR THOSE MOVING IN THE AREA.RENT PRICES HAVE DOUBLED.The economy in this area has never been high,suitable housing was always easy to find at an affordable price.Now with out of state families moving in the area,rent prices have jumped,for a home that was in the range of $500-$750. You are going to be paying $950 to $1600 a month. Many of the employees were offered jobs at Georgia,but would have to take a substanial cut in pay.Iam sure some of you moving to the area also had to do this,because of the cost of living being lower. I am sorry for the greed the realators are feeling,Weither they think you'll pay anything to live here,but I also feel bad for the local folks who are looking for a new place to live.The housing is not better quaility then it was a year ago but you'll pay like it is.Hope you can afford the higher prices because local people can't. Iam truly Sorry this was a decent place with decent people.They just think their going to make a buck off of you.
From what I hear those in the region who are involved in real estate are going to be disappointed because a lot of the workers from Northern VA lied and said they were coming but didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky