Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 11:39 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
I see what you did there.
It's like Teddy Earp's thread/posts about Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2023, 11:49 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...y-travel-guide

Lexington is really nice. Of course I am sort of partial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48sj2pluWs&t=8s

Lexington has many really nice small towns nearby,
Versailles, Paris, Wilmore, Richmond, Mt Sterling,

Georgetown, Midway, Winchester....and more.

There is a city called Paducah, a river town on the Ohio River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Fmh6yB3ts
^Kentucky native Tom T Hall even wrote/sang a song about Paducah.

Owensboro - one of my best friends in High School lives there now.
This video on You Tube features Owensboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olG9RZVKQG0

Bardstown has been voted one of the most beautiful small towns in Kentucky by Rand McNally several years back, it's not far from Louisville.
https://www.kentuckytourism.com/bard...ful-small-town

Maysville, Ky was voted Best Southern Small town of 2023 by USToday.
https://maysville-online.com/top-sto...ern-small-town

Covington Ky is right across the river from Cincinnati Ohio.

Bowling Green Ky is the only place in the world where they make corvettes.It's only an hour or two drive to Nashville, Tn.

There are many more....
Thank you CCL for posting this!

There are 331 cities in the U.S. with a population of 100,000+ and I've been to 307 of them. Lexington is one of the 24 I've missed. I'll make it there sometime in the next few years, and every tidbit of information helps. I love Louisville. It's one of my favorite cities in our country. I've also stayed in Bowling Green, and in Shepherdsville.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
^If you decide to come visit Lexington there are some neat place to check out like Raven Run Nature Sanctuary,
The Kentucky Horse Park, The Arboretum, Visit or take a tour of one of the many horse farms in the area, Wolf's Run Wildlife rescue and sanctuary, you should visit Shaker Village of Pleasantville, and just a few minutes out from Lexington the Kentucky Castle in Versailles.

Lexington is weird in some ways at times it feels like a big city, at times a small town and at other times it feels
absolutely rural! But there are a lot of great hotels and Restaurants here and all the city favorites like Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Macy's, Costco etc.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 05-10-2023 at 03:20 PM..

Old 05-10-2023, 03:11 PM

OP here are 15 reasons not to move to Kentucky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoTCOYoCfgk

^I wonder if that's Hogs?

Old 05-12-2023, 08:26 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,071,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Murray KY is another option.

Almost 20 years ago, I recall that Murray, KY was ranked #1 in the entire nation in a book called "Rand McNally's Retirement Places Rated Almanac." Guess they were considering the boating and fishing, low cost of living, and presence of a state university.

Old 05-16-2023, 03:04 AM

Right now here is all the real estate in the state of Kentucky for under 200,000.
There are over 9,000 homes...you can see if any meet your criteria

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...rice-na-200000

Old 05-29-2023, 08:39 AM

89 posts, read 153,445 times
appreciate you all.

Old 07-12-2023, 10:12 AM

70 posts, read 74,044 times
I was going to start a new post until I read this one. My husband and I are in the same boat. Our heart has been set on moving to Tennessee. After learning cost of living in TN is higher than Ohio but lower than PA. I live in West Ohio between Toledo and Dayton. We want to get out of Ohio and be back in the rolling hills of the Mts. My husband and I are born and raised in Pittsburgh.

We have driven through KY stayed at Middlesboro for one night then went to Elizabethton TN for a week.

We decided to check out Southeastern parts of KY.

Any input would be great. We do not want city life. We have manufacturing under our belts including robot weld/machines.

Old 07-13-2023, 08:28 AM

409 posts, read 871,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperG1rl View Post
I was going to start a new post until I read this one. My husband and I are in the same boat. Our heart has been set on moving to Tennessee. After learning cost of living in TN is higher than Ohio but lower than PA. I live in West Ohio between Toledo and Dayton. We want to get out of Ohio and be back in the rolling hills of the Mts. My husband and I are born and raised in Pittsburgh.

We have driven through KY stayed at Middlesboro for one night then went to Elizabethton TN for a week.

We decided to check out Southeastern parts of KY.

Any input would be great. We do not want city life. We have manufacturing under our belts including robot weld/machines.
I suppose the question is what are your circumstances, age, children, employment, health and the like? I gather that you would be looking for manufacturing work, there are some opportunities for that in the region.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:34 AM

70 posts, read 74,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmagex View Post
I suppose the question is what are your circumstances, age, children, employment, health and the like? I gather that you would be looking for manufacturing work, there are some opportunities for that in the region.
Just me and my hubby. No kids in mid 40s. We do not want to live in a big city like Lexington or Louisville. More closer to Mt region/Tennessee border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky