Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 03:03 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times

Advertisements

The weather debate is over, please get back on topic.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:02 PM

15 posts, read 19,674 times
Kentucky is considered to be less humid than NJ? (If true, that’s icing on the cake!) Would you say that’s true for the Bowling Green area as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
In the Ohio River Valley, there are plenty of days during the summertime with high temperatures in the 82-87F range and low-to-moderate humidity levels, which most Americans find rather pleasant, especially as it relates to the enjoyment of outdoor activities.

There is no denying the fact that Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio are significantly less humid than the East Coast states, including Connecticut, and have a more prominent dry season that spans from early August to early November. While Kentucky may be rainier in the winter and early spring, Connecticut and Rhode Island are rainier in the late spring and summer, which is far worse, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 05:17 PM

327 posts, read 222,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfedup View Post
Kentucky is considered to be less humid than NJ? (If true, that’s icing on the cake!) Would you say that’s true for the Bowling Green area as well?
Yes, in my experience, Kentucky is less humid than New Jersey. However, due our more southerly latitude and more westerly longitude, Kentucky has longer summers and more intense sunlight than New Jersey.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 AM

CT2KY, just for yet another personal opinion, we first visited TN extensively and really loved the Nashville (both just north and just south of the city), Cookeville, and Lynchburg/Fayetteville areas the best initially. We didn't love the Knoxville/Johnson City eastern areas as much. When the TN job search proved tricky, we started looking at Kentucky as well. Started in the Lexington area and honestly didn't really love it. Then checked out the Bowling Green area and was pleasantly surprised how similar to the Nashville area (not the city, but the surrounds) BG is. So clearly we are "central" TN and KY people rather than "eastern". I don't really know how to explain the differences, maybe we like the rolling hills more than the mountains? But definitely check out a variety of areas and see which "fits" for you. (We will be moving to BG area this summer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This is just my personal opinion but I would concentrate around Lexington, Paris, Frankfort for your trip, and also explore those areas and surrounding counties for a more permanent place and buying a home. Bourbon distilleries and breweries are abundant in central KY.
There are some beautiful towns outside of Lexington, Paris being one of them.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:08 AM

Well that is just icing on the cake! I've really appreciated your insights -- thank you! August can't come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
Yes, in my experience, Kentucky is less humid than New Jersey. However, due our more southerly latitude and more westerly longitude, Kentucky has longer summers and more intense sunlight than New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky