Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az turned Ky View Post
Get a clue our air quality is not poor And we are not clannish, We are just a community that is banded together. It's called Small town PRIDE. As for the so called poor areas here the're better than most. My husband's family has lived in Greenville for around 90 years. Yes it's small, but not suffocatingly so like some towns.
You are right, the air quality isn't poor, it's a pretty shade of grey with a touch of coal powder to tickle the lungs.

The small community banding together is 110% correct. Every weekend damn near the whole county gets together in the woods in their white sheets to throw a party.

Your husband's family might be from there, but how long have YOU been there? Apparently not long enough to take off your rose colored glasses yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM

540 posts, read 630,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
You are right, the air quality isn't poor, it's a pretty shade of grey with a touch of coal powder to tickle the lungs.

The small community banding together is 110% correct. Every weekend damn near the whole county gets together in the woods in their white sheets to throw a party.

Your husband's family might be from there, but how long have YOU been there? Apparently not long enough to take off your rose colored glasses yet.
That is a despicable lie.
I have never seen pollution problems that are of the type to be even noticeable within 20 miles of Paradise. Not that they don't contribute, it is simply that there is no noticeable affect locally. Their is no known Klan in Ky. which if they exist, is very clandestine and not of anything to worry. I lived there for 30 years and I don't know about it and I knew most of the local folk.
You are a very deceitful person and should move back to whatever yankee outpost you came from where your insults will be met with reciprocal acceptance.

Not that we don't like yankees, as long as they realize we have manners and accept an insult, as an insult, -not as an everyday experience to be tolerated as everday acceptable. We have too much pride and too much decency, which obviously some that post here do not.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 AM

104 posts, read 417,607 times
schtyk

I am sorry that you are so uninformed. Your statement that the Klan is not in Kentucky caused you to lose your entire credibility. Have you not followed the national news coverage of the trial in Bradenburg which described the heavy presence of the KKK in Western Kentucky? Here is one of the thousands of links on the story.

Klan Leader, Member Guilty; $2.5M Awarded - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

Of course when you called the poster a yankee you proved everybody's point. Maybe you've been breathing the coal dust a little too long dearie.
And did you say no pollution?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivephotography/2439302887/ (broken link)

Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,807,824 times
Greenville, Kentucky--and Central City and Powderly, while we're at it--are dumpy. It's like stuck in a 1970s declining coal bust time warp.

Yuck.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 PM

180 posts, read 597,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
schtyk

I am sorry that you are so uninformed. Your statement that the Klan is not in Kentucky caused you to lose your entire credibility. Have you not followed the national news coverage of the trial in Bradenburg which described the heavy presence of the KKK in Western Kentucky? Here is one of the thousands of links on the story.

Klan Leader, Member Guilty; $2.5M Awarded - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

Of course when you called the poster a yankee you proved everybody's point. Maybe you've been breathing the coal dust a little too long dearie.
And did you say no pollution?

Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) Paradise Steam Plant on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivephotography/2439302887/ - broken link)

That's my photo you linked to (thanks for asking) and to be honest, the "pollution" you see doesn't even affect Muhlenberg County. You would be very surprised to see what TVA is doing to reduce pollution out of the Paradise plant. Now, I'm not one for taking TVA's side, but they provide a good bit of income for many families in the county and have been good corporate citizens of Muhlenberg County. I don't know what your beef is with Muhlenberg County, but it isn't very convincing and frankly, very uninformed.

It isn't the best place in the world. Muhlenberg Countians have never ever said it was the best. Nor do they ever expect it to be the best, but by God that is home to many people (myself included) and it's boldly insulting to see someone like yourself who has very little basis criticize it the way you do.

Yeah, it may be dirty, poor, and "country", but it's my home and I am proud of it regardless. There are far worse towns in America and there are much better. But for what it is, it's just fine with me and the 30,000 other Muhlenberg Countians that call that area home.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM

104 posts, read 417,607 times
Hey, I totally agree with you. It is poor, dirty, and country; and there are better places to live.

But why take my word for it? I encourage everyone to visit Muhlenberg County. In fact I think a good place for them to start would be Drakesboro, at the Paradise Steam Plant. They could easily drive on up to Cleaton, then, maybe stop by the state prison for lunch in Central City.

I agree with you. Chill out.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
Hey, I totally agree with you. It is poor, dirty, and country; and there are better places to live.

But why take my word for it? I encourage everyone to visit Muhlenberg County. In fact I think a good place for them to start would be Drakesboro, at the Paradise Steam Plant. They could easily drive on up to Cleaton, then, maybe stop by the state prison for lunch in Central City.

I agree with you. Chill out.

I don't typically reply to much you say because it's mainly hyperbole and just translated stereotypes. But, I blame a number of Muhlenberg County's problems on Frankfort and it's neglect of most of Western Kentucky in favor of boosting Eastern Kentucky's economy (London, Pikeville, and Hazard anyone????). That's a topic for another day, but the facts back it up.

Still, the original point remains in place. It's not nearly as bad as you make it. If one was to "visit" it they may find just the opposite of how bad you make it out to be. But I digress. People like you have your opinions (which ironically are identical to buttholes) and you prance around forums like this spewing them out like it's a fact. Reality is it's not. My purpose for responding to people like you is to show those browsing past that what you spew is an opinion and not a fact like you state it to be.

FWIW, the prison, like Paradise, provides a steady stream of income to a city that would otherwise not have it. Whether you like it or not, it is what it is and it isn't going anywhere.

Where do you live currently? And does it fit your mold of a perfect place to reside??? I'd love to know.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
That is a despicable lie.
I have never seen pollution problems that are of the type to be even noticeable within 20 miles of Paradise. Not that they don't contribute, it is simply that there is no noticeable affect locally. Their is no known Klan in Ky. which if they exist, is very clandestine and not of anything to worry. I lived there for 30 years and I don't know about it and I knew most of the local folk.
You are a very deceitful person and should move back to whatever yankee outpost you came from where your insults will be met with reciprocal acceptance.

Not that we don't like yankees, as long as they realize we have manners and accept an insult, as an insult, -not as an everyday experience to be tolerated as everday acceptable. We have too much pride and too much decency, which obviously some that post here do not.
Yankee outpost?

You mean Bremen/Sacramento; cause that is where I was born and raised.

Look, you don't have to tell the truth, I will. It's that simple.

You LIVED there, I was born and raised, HUGE difference hun.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Have you noticed ky_bound hasn't posted anything since the first? I guess all these "Welcome Wagon wannabe's" ran them off quick! lol

Old 02-04-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Yankee outpost?

You mean Bremen/Sacramento; cause that is where I was born and raised.

Look, you don't have to tell the truth, I will. It's that simple.

You LIVED there, I was born and raised, HUGE difference hun.
Being from Central City originally, I don't consider Bremen or Sacramento to be yankeee outpost. Honestly, I would consider both to be outpost of the opposite. Very laid back country lifestyle and a good quality of life for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky