Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:12 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times

Advertisements

This one killed 5 people.
Five Dead, Two Injured after Fatal I-65 Accident

I don't understand why people from E-town to Bowling Green aren't demanding cable median barriers in that area.

KY can apparently afford $50 million to study a road (I-66) which will never be built, but we can't afford median barriers.

Since median barriers were installed in Louisville, they have already saved an estimated 20 lives in 2 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
That is such a dangerous stretch of interstate. I don't know how many people have been killed through there in the past few years.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
This one killed 5 people.
Five Dead, Two Injured after Fatal I-65 Accident

I don't understand why people from E-town to Bowling Green aren't demanding cable median barriers in that area.

KY can apparently afford $50 million to study a road (I-66) which will never be built, but we can't afford median barriers.

Since median barriers were installed in Louisville, they have already saved an estimated 20 lives in 2 years
Are they putting barriers in the South-end? I know there are some in the east end but what about out here?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 PM

A lot of faster growing states (like TN & SC) seem to focus road money on interstates and urban areas. KY seems more worried about pork projects to help local politicians get elected.

You could build a 10 lane highway that was paved with gold through Eastern KY and the economy there would still stink. Projects should be focused more on areas with population growth and on busy interstates.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,677 times
Does anyone have any ideas as to why that stretch of 65 is so deadly? Other than the Indian burial ground theory. I mean it isn't curvy by any means. I've driven I-65 from Montgomery to Gary, IN, and lots of other interstates. I can't see anything special about that portion of the road.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:53 PM

52 posts, read 133,046 times
Default Doing Something

My name is Dave Lawson. My wife and one daughter were killed in the accident you discuss here. My remaining 3 children (including the one who survived the accident) have begun a fight to right the wrongs you talk about. And to make this portion of highway safer for future travelers. No one should experience what we have.
Please join us.

Dave Lawson, his family, and friends would like to announce that the web site www.BarriersNow.com is finally up and running. We are no longer "under construction", but we will be constantly developing and changing to fit the purpose of spurring the Kentucky government into action.
We hope to convince the present administration that all the studying has been done by their own experts. The research has been done and published by The News Enterprise, many more newspapers, WAVE 3, many other television stations, and even by people in power in Frankfort.
These cable barriers on I 65 can and will save lives. How many more deaths does it take to act and put them up? Is there a dollar value on the number of lives? Is $180,000 to $250,000 per mile of cable barrier, and saving even one life, a less important project than widening 31W to accomodate the BRAC changes comming in 2010 or 2012.
Our web site is a starting point to waking the powers that be. With the help of the people of this state we can effect change. Visit the site. Join the fight. Lets save lives.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson View Post
My name is Dave Lawson. My wife and one daughter were killed in the accident you discuss here. My remaining 3 children (including the one who survived the accident) have begun a fight to right the wrongs you talk about. And to make this portion of highway safer for future travelers. No one should experience what we have.
Please join us.

Dave Lawson, his family, and friends would like to announce that the web site www.BarriersNow.com is finally up and running. We are no longer "under construction", but we will be constantly developing and changing to fit the purpose of spurring the Kentucky government into action.
We hope to convince the present administration that all the studying has been done by their own experts. The research has been done and published by The News Enterprise, many more newspapers, WAVE 3, many other television stations, and even by people in power in Frankfort.
These cable barriers on I 65 can and will save lives. How many more deaths does it take to act and put them up? Is there a dollar value on the number of lives? Is $180,000 to $250,000 per mile of cable barrier, and saving even one life, a less important project than widening 31W to accomodate the BRAC changes comming in 2010 or 2012.
Our web site is a starting point to waking the powers that be. With the help of the people of this state we can effect change. Visit the site. Join the fight. Lets save lives.

God Bless you! I am so sorry for your horrible losses and hope that you get the changes you need.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:00 PM

Progressive (and fast growing) states like North and South Carolina already have median barriers on EVERY MILE of their interstates.

As Mark Twain said: "When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky, because it is 20 years behind the times"

Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Progressive (and fast growing) states like North and South Carolina already have median barriers on EVERY MILE of their interstates.

As Mark Twain said: "When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky, because it is 20 years behind the times"
I don't think there are barriers in the SW end of town yet. Maybe someday they will be.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
God Bless you! I am so sorry for your horrible losses and hope that you get the changes you need.
I am so sorry also. My prayers for you and your children. I hate that stretch of interstate and I am glad you are doing this. Would writing our senators and representatives help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky