Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:13 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
So, would it be safe to assume that Louisville "Hates" rural Kentucky rather than rural Kentucky Hating Louisville? I know at least one person that hates rural Kentucky, well... Eastern Kentucky. AKA a "Third World Country" by him. Where is the love in that?

There is no love....until rural KY pays its fair share in taxes, Louisvillians will forever feel burdened (and rightfully so) by the agrarian minded state of KY. Nashville, being the capitol of TN, does not feel threatened by its rural neighbors because it controls them politically.

If KY could only SEE THE LIGHT....then it would progress like GA, TN, NC, and now even SC, AL, and every other damn southern state out there. Until KY realizes that Louisville is the key to its economic success, it will be the backwoods neighbor, the low paying grunt work state that it has been for a long, long time. Just saying (btw, electicears, you have made obvious your distaste for Louisville for years on these forums...do you not get tired of stating this?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 05:46 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
There is no love....until rural KY pays its fair share in taxes, Louisvillians will forever feel burdened (and rightfully so) by the agrarian minded state of KY. Nashville, being the capitol of TN, does not feel threatened by its rural neighbors because it controls them politically.

If KY could only SEE THE LIGHT....then it would progress like GA, TN, NC, and now even SC, AL, and every other damn southern state out there. Until KY realizes that Louisville is the key to its economic success, it will be the backwoods neighbor, the low paying grunt work state that it has been for a long, long time. Just saying (btw, electicears, you have made obvious your distaste for Louisville for years on these forums...do you not get tired of stating this?)
The proof is in the pudin...well said peta.....about Louisville hating rural Kentucky that is.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
The proof is in the pudin...well said peta.....about Louisville hating rural Kentucky that is.

Louisville does NOT hate rural KY. At least in my experience, many Louisvillians have roots, cousins, or family in rural KY. I do think that rural Kentuckians, in general, have a distaste for Louisville. Much of this is basketball motivated, but some of it are long standing stereotypes rural Kentuckians have had of Louisville for generations without having so much as visited much of the city except for maybe the state fair or for a concert.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:11 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Louisville does NOT hate rural KY. At least in my experience, many Louisvillians have roots, cousins, or family in rural KY. I do think that rural Kentuckians, in general, have a distaste for Louisville. Much of this is basketball motivated, but some of it are long standing stereotypes rural Kentuckians have had of Louisville for generations without having so much as visited much of the city except for maybe the state fair or for a concert.

"Stereotypes rural Kentuckians have had of louisville"....UH...ain't you got that backards? Those damn Hillbilly Rednecks, you know, the ones that live over in the Mountains of Eastern Kentucky.

Oh yah another thing, I would be hesitant to call every other damn Southern State....a Damn Southern State if I were you, friend. It's not becoming of your lofty position.

And, Basketball means NOTHING to me, I prefer to waste my time in a more worthwhile activity such as fishing.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:48 PM

118 posts, read 251,277 times
There is a stereotype of people from Lulvul by rural Kentuckians that the city folk think they are better than the rest of us. I've spent a LOT of time in Louisville and there are a lot of really great things about the city, but I would never live there. The culture is too diluted by Hoosiers and other transplants, and I will never root for Loserville. The neighborhoods and parks are gorgeous, but just too many people. I ordered shrimp an grits at some place touting itself as a family bourbon restaurant on market st. And what I got was despicable, lumpy watery uncooked grits at an upscale eatery. I was embarrassed for the commonwealth and glad I wasn't a traveller looking for my first taste of the South. Lynn's had great biscuits, but they're gone. Tom & Chee ROCKS. I'm rambling... overall you have a largely rural state with one big city juxtaposed. Lexington blends in better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky