Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
looking for a home at least 1800 sq ft, prefer over 2000 sq ft, with at least 2 acres or more. Under or around 190k. I just don't know enough about life in Kentucky just yet, I have reading that there is a lot of stuck-up-ness, in Lexington though, which concerns me. PM with any pics or with any more info on homes for sale, or an MLS number. I still have no idea where in Kentucky would suit me just yet, this early in the game though, as far as what area to consider. Still educating about it. VA loan may not allow for much acreage above 5 acres, not sure. Not saying I am moving to KY, I am just researching at this point.
Well If you decide to move here...... Here is the MLS#1370309 for our home.... Like I said above its 1819 sqft, 3 acres, 3bdrm 2.5 bath 2 car garage and a Hot Tub!.. Under your price of 190,000 ($164,900).. The area is great and only 15mins from Fort Knox which is where the VA hospital is.. close to shopping, schools, and church but still in the country..

Last edited by wolfeyes; 04-17-2014 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
thanks for help, I will have a look thanks again. Why are you leaving KY?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:48 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times
Quote:
thanks for help, I will have a look thanks again. Why are you leaving KY?

Well we was relocated here at the end of 2009 from NC due to My husbands job at Knox and his contract with the Army ended in Jan. he now has a new contract. We do not have any family here..his family is in Nebraska and mine is in NC.. for me being 9 hours from family has been difficult specially since my dad isn't doing well..So were relocating to SC to be closer to home/family. Once moved We'll only be 2in half hours from my dad instead of 9 hours.. This will make it easier for traveling if something was to happen.
We chose this area because it has the country atmosphere, but close to amenities like shopping, schools,..etc..

This area Cecilia, KY is a farming community there are cows and horses all around us..You don't smell them though..lol They are field cows... We open our windows every chance we get. Also have Corn and soy bean fields around here up the road from us....People here are very friendly, neighbors are great...No one bothers you but its an everybody knows everybody type of area..Just a bunch of good ol country folks around here.. which we think is good because when we go out of town we know our house is being looked after!
In 2010 we extended the back porch and added a hot-tub...you can use it all yr round..I do believe our house is the only one in this area for sale that has acreage. We will be moving out in May we already bought a house in SC so this house will be empty soon as school lets out for summer..

This state really isn't that big.. We both ride motorcycles and have been all over this state done almost everything..were kind of in the middle of everything.. Your 10mins from Elizabethtown, 15 mins from Fort Knox, 75miles from Bowling Green, 45-50 miles from Louisville, about 75 miles from Lexington, 3 hours from Paducah, and 2 hours from Nashville.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 PM

Oh I see yes most the states back that way are not very large, at least compared to the western states

Old 04-22-2014, 03:45 PM

Is the country side prettier outside of Louisville or Lexington? Always struggled on what city to live outside of...to be honest, if I were to go to KY. I thought a bit about Berea at one point as well, but seems to me like being outside of Louisville, in the country, is what I been looking at lately.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
It's a matter of personal taste, but to me, one of the must truly beautiful sections of Kentucky starts roughly on the east side of Lexington and stretches southeast to Chattanooga, right through the Cumberland Gap. As a relatively recent transplant, I used to wonder a lot what people were talking about when they were saying how beautiful Kentucky is, but when I found that area, I got it.

The area around Louisville doesn't do much for me, to be honest. It's OK, but for the most part it just bores me. But if that's the kind of terrain that appeals to you, there are a lot of good little towns in that area. I just prefer the hills and the mountains, myself, and they keep most of that stuff over on the Lexington end of the map.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 AM

12 posts, read 18,829 times
Smile Home, barn with 9.40 acres backs upto the KY River

Quote:
Hi there don't know for sure If I will choose KY for retirement. But doing some research to help me make decision in next few months. Retired now, and in large city in the pacific northwest, and want out, from the horrible traffic, high cost of living, and what I am looking for is to learn about a few more rural locations outside of either Lexington or Louisville to consider, and what the better choices might be. Looking for a home with some acreage and 195k is as high as I will go. I cannot find anything in that price range on the west coast with a little acreage for that price, which is what prompted me to start looking at places cheaper and where I could have a little acreage with a decent home in my price range. The only place so far, I am aware of that seems nice, is...Berea. I would hope for:

homes with some acreage under 195k

friendly people

safe area without lots of crime and meth issues and problem's like that

pretty nature

driving distance to VA hospital (within like 50 miles distance to VA)

rural and peaceful area

place that is open to outsiders thanks for help blessings
We have what you are looking for and more. Call 5028035998 if interested
We are 20 minutes from Lexington and 30 minutes from Louisville, KY. My husband is ill and we are looking to down size. We are asking $204,000 for all of it including the Farm Equip.
Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 AM

Smile Home, barn with 9.40 acres, back up to the KY River, very private

Quote:
Is the country side prettier outside of Louisville or Lexington? Always struggled on what city to live outside of...to be honest, if I were to go to KY. I thought a bit about Berea at one point as well, but seems to me like being outside of Louisville, in the country, is what I been looking at lately.

We are in the process of downsizing. There are only 2 of us on, so our 9.40 acres, home, barn and farm equipment is getting to much for us. The farm backs upto the KY River. We owe $204,000 on it and thats what is needed for you to buy it.

Hope to hear from you soon. (502) 803-5998

Last edited by bonnie.woolums; 04-23-2014 at 11:30 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Default 9.40 acres, House, Barn backs upto the KY River, Farm Equp Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Well If you decide to move here...... Here is the MLS#1370309 for our home.... Like I said above its 1819 sqft, 3 acres, 3bdrm 2.5 bath 2 car garage and a Hot Tub!.. Under your price of 190,000 ($164,900).. The area is great and only 15mins from Fort Knox which is where the VA hospital is.. close to shopping, schools, and church but still in the country..

Hello,
I would love to tell you about my farm. It has 2350 sq feet, Formal living room, Formal Dining Room, 3 large bedroom, 2 full baths, jet tub in master, Large open kitchen, family room with Fire place, utility room with new 2014 Washer and Dryer. Front and back porch. 100 ft Tobacco Barn, Farm equipment. All on a dead end room, very private, nice and clean. (Call 502-803-5998) if interested. Pay off is $204,000, need something smaller, family member ill. Thanks

Old 04-23-2014, 01:09 PM

thanks for replies, but I am not sure yet that I am choosing KY to live, and spend my retirement years in, I have some other states also I am looking at, as I been out west for many many years now, and kind of like the rocky mountains and the libertarian mindsets. I am still considering and researching. I want to live somewhere friendly, and my main motivation is housing costs. 204k is above my budget for a home, best get a realtor to help sell that house I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky