Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,558 times

Advertisements

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 PM

4 posts, read 10,148 times
Question Looking to relocate to N. KY area, advice needed

I'm also looking to possibly relocate to the Northern KY area. I am currently living in Central Florida (minutes from Disney World). I have a close friend who lives in the Alexandria, KY area and commutes to Cincy for work. I have a pretty tight budget right now. I'd be looking to rent a 1 bed rm apartment or condo. something no higher than $500/mo. I have sent away for some guides but thought since there is so much valuable advice on here I'd ask on here as well. The counties I'm interested in are the following : Kenton, Campbell, or Boone areas. My biggest concern is finding an affordable safe place to live. I'm a single woman and moving to a city really scares me (having lived in FL almost all my life) My questions are: what are some safe affordable apartment complexes/condos in either of these counties? 2) What kind of employment is available? I'm currently working for the School District here in FL and have been for the past 9 years, but I also have a degree in music/recording field.(I know weird combo) I'd be looking for work in either of those fields. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:42 PM

4 posts, read 29,377 times
Florence, Ky - you have an international airport within minutes!
you have the convenience of a bigger city "not to call it a big city like NY" within 20 minutes.
Great shopping in Crestview hills mall, within 10 minutes
Great library, excellent schools
Neighborhood safety, low crime rate
short winters, beautiful springs, and fall
no major traffic jams
best kept secret ever!
Don't tell too many people!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:04 PM

18 posts, read 70,208 times
Boone County is a dump city.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM

145 posts, read 518,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet55 View Post
Boone County is a dump city.
Your quote makes a ton of sence as Boone County is exatly that...a county not a city. What makes it a dump in your opinion...it is funny that you are the only person that has had anything negative to say about the area and northern kentucky in general in these posts....so are we all wrong and you right or are you nuts and bitter? Would you like some sweet tea?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 AM

Sandman1

What do you care what I think,

Who are you that you are perfect. Excuse the Boone County as a city. At my age I don't care what you think.

I meant some negative spots in FLorence.

I admit I have no business on this website, but at my age I really don't give a hoot what you think or try to figure out.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Union, Kentucky has some wonderful homes too.

Just about anywhere around the Cincinnati/N KY Metro area there are some very nice neighborhoods.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM

You made some spelling mistakes as well.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Why don't you look around and study the demographics sometime.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 AM

820 posts, read 2,869,517 times
There are a variety of condos and newer developments in NKY as well as many older homes with great charm and character. My daughter goes to school at NKU and I'm also dating someone who lives in the area. I've become quite fond of this area although truthfully I find the cost of living a bit higher there than central KY. I find it a great area to live in though - LOTS to do there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky