Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM

69 posts, read 107,817 times

Advertisements

We currently live in TX and are brand new empty nesters. I have an AQHA show horse and LOVE hunters/jumpers so we would want to be in an area that is not far from some AQHA horse shows and where you can have horses on your own property. We don't need a huge parcel, but would like no less than 5 acres and maximum of 20-25 acres. Of course we want good weather e.g. not tons of rain and minimal humidity. We LOVE the outdoors, beautiful land and TREES! We enjoy being out in the country, but within very reasonable distance of good shopping, restaurants etc. Hubby is consultant so need to be within reasonable distance of airport. Moderate property taxes always a plus. We are open to buying land and building if necessary. We will be visiting areas once we narrow it down some. I showed dogs and horses in KY many years ago, but have not been there in 20 years. Can't wait to hear your recommendations and I thank you for helping us out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 AM

190 posts, read 812,693 times
You have described Lexington, or some of it's surrounding towns! Loads of horse farms, shows, etc. Check some of the towns surrounding for a little better land deal-Nicholasville, Wilmore, Harrodsburg, Richmond. All are in quick driving distance

Hope this helps!
~joanna~

Old 09-11-2007, 01:40 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,321,438 times
What is your budget? I know of several great horse properties along I-71. When you state that you need air service, there is no better place than Oldham/Trimble/Henry Counties in Kentucky. Louisville has one of the very best interstate airports in America, while Cincinnati has a solid international base.

I-71 starts counting miles at I-65 in downtown Louisville. One of my associates is selling her own home with 6 acres, a horse barn, and a beautiful custom built house at Exit 28.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,430,464 times
I don't believe Kentucky has any unfriendly horse areas, nearly anywhere you go in the state has horse farms to one degree or another.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Joanna,

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the delay in responding. Have been out of town. That is what I was looking for e.g. towns outside of larger cities that would work. I will definitely check them out! Karen

Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Thank you for your post. Yeah, I know there are plenty of TB farms there for sure!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Not exactly sure on dollar amount, but probably under $500K. We don't even have our place on the market yet, but I would be interested in seeing your associate's place just to get an idea of that particular area and what you can get for your money. You can email me via the forum. Thank you for your help. Karen

Old 09-23-2007, 03:37 PM

5 posts, read 13,552 times
Default saddle clubs

Would like to move to harrodsburg or danville. Are there any trail riding saddle clubs in either place/

Old 11-16-2020, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,015 times
Looking to move from C Florida to a horse friendly town in Kentucky due to mold issues in hot temperatures. Love trail riding and need 2-6 acres in an affordable area but not so secluded bc parents like some fine dining, culture & to fly in during hot Fl summers for a reprieve. I have one horse & a mini & leaving a charming little home . Little higher elevation would be better for drier air. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Old 11-17-2020, 07:25 AM

638 posts, read 1,283,178 times
I am sure you'll find what you're looking for in any of the surrounding counties of Lexington/Fayette County. It will be difficult to find a parcel that size and in your budget in Fayette County. You can be 20 to 30 minutes from Bluegrass Airport, and all that Lex has to offer as far as dining and shopping are concerned. Try doing a map RE search on LBAR.com to get you familiar with what's out there in the Bluegrass area. And as a reference, our farm in south Bourbon County is at about 1000 feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky