Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I guess you've never been on Shelbyville Rd in Louisville? That's not horrible traffic? Uhhhhh ok dude.
Trust me, from someone who lived in the DC area for six years, Louisville traffic is not what I consider horrible. I can't say much about Lexington but the thought of no limited-access freeway going directly into the city gets me squeamish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 11:06 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,280 times
Quote:
I guess you've never been on Shelbyville Rd in Louisville? That's not horrible traffic? Uhhhhh ok dude.
Yeah, I grew up in Louisville. And, yes, the traffic in Lex is ridiculous for a city its size. New Circle is a joke, Nicholasville Rd is twice as bad as Shelbyville Rd.
The only thing I'll give Lexington over Louisville are the public schools.
Other than that, what is there to do in Lexington for a 30-40 year old something? Hang out at Fayette Mall or Hamburg and then dinner at a chain restaurant or Malones? LOL, sorry dude, I can do that in Richmond.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 PM

146 posts, read 399,362 times
While Lexington has an excellent nightlife, mostly perused by UK students, Louisville is a bigger city with more things to offer.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:31 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,739,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerricaAnna View Post
thanks for the info! Im wondering where you could live and see less of the same faces. I guess i need to google population numbers. So many cities in the south end up feeling like towns, tryingt o stay in the south but avoid always running into the exact same people.
Google population numbers? No offense, but I do often find it funny Louisville and Lexington are mentioned in the same breath.....the cities are night and day. Compared to Lexington, Louisville is simply a BIG city. However, compared to big cities (and I am thinking LA, NYC, Chi) Louisville is a small town with a few scenes.

Any way you slice it, Louisville is THREE times bigger than Lexington. IMO it has 10 times more to do. And although the stats shown at first show that Lexington is more wealthy overall, Louisville is weighed down by having more poverty (as large cities do). However, as with any larger cities, I assure you the wealthy and grown up parts of Louisville are substantially more cosmopolitan than anywhere in Lexington. Look to some of Louisville's city neighborhoods east of I-65 and inside the I-264 loop for evidence of this. Lrxington is a fine town, but is just that, a college town. Louisville is more of a city, although a small one compared to most major cities.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
However, as with any larger cities, I assure you the wealthy and grown up parts of Louisville are substantially more cosmopolitan than anywhere in Lexington. Look to some of Louisville's city neighborhoods east of I-65 and inside the I-264 loop for evidence of this. Lrxington is a fine town, but is just that, a college town. Louisville is more of a city, although a small one compared to most major cities.
Oh whatever, the horse industry alone in Lexington makes it more "cosmopolitan" than Louisville!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,739,240 times
Quote:
Oh whatever, the horse industry alone in Lexington makes it more "cosmopolitan" than Louisville!
lol no offense but what is cosmopolitan about a horse? And Louisville has just as much in the horse racing industry if only for the fact that the MAJOR horse reacing event in the US is in Louisville, not Lexington. That said, I mean come on....I dont go into cities 3 times Louiville's size forums like Seattle and say, hey Louisville is more cosmopolitan because of its large horse racing industry!

Old 03-12-2011, 10:59 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,280 times
[quote=InLondon;18177492]Oh whatever, the horse industry alone in Lexington makes it more "cosmopolitan" than Louisville![/QUOT

Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky