Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM

298 posts, read 595,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Since my post was directed towards the OP why would you care to begin with? I was suggesting that good and bad can be presented in threads and no, it's not nonsense.

Census data will be as close as you can get to facts and probably slightly better than your perception of facts based on your tiny sample of observations. Anytime you want to dispute the facts presented in various threads based on Census data please do. KY doesn't have higher than avg unemployment? KY doesn't have low education attainment levels? KY doesn't have higher than avg poverty rates?

Aren't you being hypocritical by believing the facts submitted in this thread or like, InLondon, you only believe facts that support KY in a positive way?

And no problem, I will correct you anytime.
Now, why would you direct such a post to my London friend? Do you have some kind of personal problem? He pointed out some good and you ignored it. Now who is hypocritical? Or do you only believe the the "so called" facts that are presented in a negative way?

All the questions you ask may or may not be true and I'll ask again...what keeps the government from manipulating the numbers to suit the needs of the politicians?...nothing. Kentucky is already looked at by most of the country like we are a bunch of fools, mostly because of people like you that has no clue about what they are talking about and has never even seen one inch of Kentucky and you get on here and try to justify what you think you know by some government manipulated document. We all know the census data is used to justify what goes where to a big extent. If they change some of the numbers to justify what some other state gets, how would we know it? We don't. And no one has any need or desire to look because it's JUST Kentucky, they'll never know. Like I have said before I have lived here all my life (a lot longer than you might think)and I have been out a few times and I can assure you I have SEEN a lot worse. And I don't need some Government generated document to show me. Haven't you learned anything from your Government? They are capable of almost anything.

And yes I will always support Kentucky in a positive way and I don't have to lie about it.

Feel free to correct me anytime...good luck.

Does that help you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 AM

508 posts, read 1,512,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Now, why would you direct such a post to my London friend? Do you have some kind of personal problem? He pointed out some good and you ignored it. Now who is hypocritical? Or do you only believe the the "so called" facts that are presented in a negative way?

All the questions you ask may or may not be true and I'll ask again...what keeps the government from manipulating the numbers to suit the needs of the politicians?...nothing. Kentucky is already looked at by most of the country like we are a bunch of fools, mostly because of people like you that has no clue about what they are talking about and has never even seen one inch of Kentucky and you get on here and try to justify what you think you know by some government manipulated document. We all know the census data is used to justify what goes where to a big extent. If they change some of the numbers to justify what some other state gets, how would we know it? We don't. And no one has any need or desire to look because it's JUST Kentucky, they'll never know. Like I have said before I have lived here all my life (a lot longer than you might think)and I have been out a few times and I can assure you I have SEEN a lot worse. And I don't need some Government generated document to show me. Haven't you learned anything from your Government? They are capable of almost anything.

And yes I will always support Kentucky in a positive way and I don't have to lie about it.

Feel free to correct me anytime...good luck.

Does that help you?
Why would you direct such a post to my London friend?
Because InLondon dismisses every negative post as nonsense even when the post is backed with facts and often does not reply to a post w/anything that could back his/her claim of nonsense.

Do you have some kind of personal problem?
No. Lame personal attacks?

He pointed out some good and you ignored it. Now who is hypocritical? Or do you only believe the the "so called" facts that are presented in a negative way?
Again, if you read my post it was in response to the OP saying people only post the bad & secondly it's all nonsense. I never disputed what data the OP posted and did not acknowledge it b/c that was not the intent of my post. In fact, I simply noted that there is nothing wrong with presenting the good & the BAD that comes with living in a state. Your post mixes words and comprehension of posts.

All the questions you ask may or may not be true and I'll ask again...what keeps the government from manipulating the numbers to suit the needs of the politicians?

OK, so if what I posted is not true then prove it to be false. You can't and since you don't acknowledge the census data (gov't required data filled out by US households) as being as close to a fact as one could get we will just agree to disagree. You remind me of the 9/11 conspiracy crowd - just a hunch.

Kentucky is already looked at by most of the country like we are a bunch of fools, mostly because of people like you that has no clue about what they are talking about and has never even seen one inch of Kentucky and you get on here and try to justify what you think you know by some government manipulated document

Again, some lame personal attack. And again, I guess you know things to be false or true because you have been out a "few" times. KY has always had a bad reputation & hasn't been correlated to the few posts by me on this forum.

Good, just present an accurate picture of it so outsiders moving here are not unpleasantly surprised.

Does that help you?

Not really. Your post did not add anything new & provided little value. It did, however, make it clear that you choose to ignore KY's downsides + you could not provide anything to dispute the "facts" I posted.

Nice talking to you.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,569,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Ugh. Honestly, its people like you who are the problem whether you want to believe that or not (Im positive you dont). KY is full of your types who automatically go on the defense if anything negative is said, even constructive criticism. "Yer talkin' bad 'bout my home there, mister!" Seriously, get over it. Your schtick on here is getting pretty tired.

The state has many many serious problems. If you cant talk about them & label the people who do "trolls", you'll never solve them & I honestly feel sorry for you & the state's future, especially the rural areas.

Kentuckians sticking their fingers in their ears & saying "la la la la la la" doesn't exactly solve problems there, chief. Why dont you guys actually get out there & do some good instead of constantly being on the defense. Or you know what, just don't, cause I know you're not going to anyway. But see how far that gets you.
When I read your posts Kerry, all I see is blah blah blah blah negativity blah blah negativity blah and blah....

Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
When I read your posts Kerry, all I see is blah blah blah blah negativity blah blah negativity blah and blah....
Typical response from you. Can you answer with any seriousness as to why you never respond with any kind of coherence to any posts here? Its like your vocabulary consists of about 10 phrases & thats it.

Seriously, if you wanna join in the discussions (and you obviously do, you're in every damn one) then learn to actually post meaningful thought out responses or just don't bother, because your posts are embarrassingly child-like in nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky