Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a secondary issue with your marriage barrier like stereotypes and stigma
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 10,223 times

Advertisements

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Salamu alaikum forum,
I know there are many people facing challenges to find a spouse. For example, people over 50, mentally ill, sisters with children, reverts, and those with an std ie herpes. These are people in our communities who do not reach out because of other folks biases (assumptions, beliefs and values). In other words, they feel people will judge them through cultural lens, those stigmas and stereotypes. Therefore, the issue is a crisis which impacts wellbeing (afiyah). I would like to discuss different Islamic resources for dealing with those issues. Please do not mention your particular issue, instead reveal the Islamic norm you use to managing your marriage barrier. Insha Allah, then I would like to know if stereotypes and stigmas are a secondary issue, just write yes or no. In addition, would you accept Islamic coaching to help manage grief or anxiety about that issue, reply with a yes or no. I am only starting this post to help people get a better understanding about managing their marriage barrier when searching for a spouse because this seems to be a serious issue that get little attention. Moreover, I might start a service that connects individuals to people of knowledge who can help them learn Islamic ways for finding contentment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam