Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 AM

681 posts, read 3,036,594 times

Advertisements

You're in.

One thing I will say is that it's really a pretty politically balanced area. There's folks that don't like Obama, but there are folks who do. I think the county went about 51% for McCain in the last election. You'll fit in, but just remember that there are all kinds of people here.

Also, I was talking to my folks this weekend and one thing they told me about is the outrageous water bills in the area. Apparently, Centerville is having to do a lot of work on their sewer system--and is passing the costs on to everyone. Just something to watch out for.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 AM

12 posts, read 42,395 times
Hello! Thank you very much for informing me,too I will be Centerville on 4 th June.I m work and travel student and I ll work in Wendy's.Do you have any idea about it?If you have share with me please.As I m going to travel myself I m unrest now I m looking forward to your messages.thanks..

Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 PM

681 posts, read 3,036,594 times
Um...there is no Wendy's in Centerville...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 AM

135 posts, read 408,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpHawkeye View Post
Um...there is no Wendy's in Centerville...
See what ya miss when one takes a lengthy hiatus !

S-Hawks on the button here, No "Wendy's" in Centerville , the nearest one of those to Cville I am aware of would be in big O ( Ottumwa ) or Kirksville Mo..
We dont rate a Burger King here either,, just a lowly golden arches supper club in the back of a BP gas station and a Hardee's with a motocross drive thru.

The real good stuff is served at the Double R or Raymonds which is a secret only known to locals so you snuffy northerners coming down here to infest that overpriced lodge on the north side of Lake Rathbun need not try sneaking in line.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 496 times
DamnYankee Liberal planning a move to Centerville. Are you guys gonna be nice to me? I write letters to newspaper editors but basically avoid live political conversations in polite society. Occasionally I'm seen out and about in political tee shirts but that's about it. I still don't like talking politics with people because of the ill will it causes, and I often just walk off if somebody else jumps me about it. So how about it, folks? Handshake on peace between us? I know it's possible because I used to live in a tiny rural area of CA where everyone else was hard right and knew I wasn't - but they elected me to the town council anyway. Drafted me, actually. I don't expect to take anyone's place in Centerville; I just want to move somewhere that welcomes nice outsiders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa